Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is OBAMA Screwing up his first term?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Is OBAMA Screwing up his first term?

I decided to ask this question because of observations I have made recently in regards to his last 3 weeks in office.

President Obama campaigned on the CHANGE promise, but recently the true colors of Washington are shining bright and true. His last 4 picks for people to head various departments have been embroiled in Tax problems of lobbying issues. How can this man and his team not look into the backgrounds of these people before they are appointed? Also, do they not realize the impact it has when you push to have someone nominated and they sit on the hill during hearings and say "I made an error, I did them myself and used Turbo tax (or whatever software) for the first time, and it did not alert me I needed to worry about this issue.

Well, actually they are lying through their teeth when they answer like that because the software does alert you, I know because when I get royalties from the sale of my film, I can't file using TAX CUT, or TURBO TAX, it asks are you filing any of the following forms (insert #'s here) if you answer yes to anyone of those it flashes a screen saying this software does not utilizze those functions and you should consult a CPA.

Plus how does it look to the Tax Payer that you appointed someone who tried to cheat the US Government out of money owed, and you are asking this appointee to work for this government. It really sets a bizarre standard and people wonder why the middle and lower class feel the upper class gets away with everything.

So far I give Obama A D- on his first 3 weeks in office, especially in how he has been flip floppy with a lot of his campaign promises.

The stimulis bill is a whole other headache that is going to bite people in the ass. By the time every politician gets done fucking with it, the original design of the package won't do shit and we will be stuck in the same situation we are in right now. I can't fully blame Obama for this fuck up because he inherited this from Bush and the greedy as hell previous administration. However, in the end once everything has been stripped and re-written for the package it will be as worthless as the US banking industry.

Thought and comments anyone?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Yes. With the stimulus plan, horrible cabinet picks... Not to mention he screwed up his first day with Guantanamo.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Woah. Way to early to ask. But he's not perfect.

United States

Give it some time

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I agree.

United States
    Wow. . . being kind of fair weather there aren't you DJ?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    i believe that guantanamo being shut down in less than a year is a mistake, his picks for important government jobs who don't pay taxes doesn't look to be a smart move, and his stimulus bill to help the economy is full of all kinds of projects that are such a fucking waste of money, like $500,000 park for dogs, the ATV park, etc. and if he does a reversal of "don't ask, don't tell" and allows for gays to openly serve in the military, that's a giant fuck-up, too.

i'm sure that he'll get some good things done for our country, but so far, i'm not really likiing what i see.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I also agree.

I'm not a huge booster of Obama by any means, but I'm open minded about him. He's definitely made some mistakes on appointment picks and how the stimulus package has been handled, but he's barely been in office.

He also knocked one out of the park with Guantanamo, as far as I'm concerned, though time will tell if enough directives have been given to ensure a proper follow up on the more troubling detainees.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    How can this man and his team not look into the backgrounds of these people before they are appointed?
    What gets me is how did the IRS not catch them? It seems easy enough for others to find out who the elitist tax dodgers are. Could it be that no matter what party is in office, "certain people" are not confronted, prosecuted, and fined by the IRS? Or is the IRS as incompetent as the SEC? Maybe a lot of both?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    What gets me is how did the IRS not catch them? It seems easy enough for others to find out who the elitist tax dodgers are. Could it be that no matter what party is in office, "certain people" are not confronted, prosecuted, and fined by the IRS? Or is the IRS as incompetent as the SEC? Maybe a lot of both?
    No shit Kaos... I agree 100% dude. I fucked up one year and forgot to include sale from stock I sold earlier that year and completely forgot about it, honest mistake. When i filed got my return all was good, then wham, 6 months later was sent a bill for $2,000.00 which shocked me until i realized I missed the stock sale in the return. So little ole me they caught in a flash, Daschle and the other numb nut got away with it for years and wouldn't have done anything, most likely, had they not been called out on it.

Bunch of BS if you ask me.

However, in regards to my original post the reason i asked and stated my opinion about him fucking up is he really has to be careful, he has to realize he is going to be watched closer than previous admins because of the government waste that was allowed to go on for years and years, not too mention how the media loves to cover and report anything suspiciously related to corruption of any form.

With all the attention on the nominees for cabinet posts it really caught my attention how his picks have been complete fuck ups and were able to get away with it until someone called them out on it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Yeah. Every President goes through hurdles. I agree that its waaay too early to ask a question like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and if he does a reversal of "don't ask, don't tell" and allows for gays to openly serve in the military, that's a giant fuck-up, too.
    Can you elaborate? Just because someone has a different sexual preference than your own means that they should not be allowed to fight and defend their country. Makes sense.
    Last edited by 3pidemiC; 06-Feb-2009 at 03:02 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Can you elaborate? Just because someone has a different sexual preference than your own means that they should not be allowed to fight and defend their country. Makes sense.
    It probably makes sense to the men and women who are forced to bunk, or shower, with them. One inappropriate remark from an openly gay service person could lead to a "blanket party", or worse.

While I agree with your comments as a matter of principle, there are still inherent problems involved with this situation.

-stray-

ps -- in response to DJ's question ... yes, Obama is screwing it up. He promised "change" and, so far, is offering up nothing more than recycled garbage.

Different administration, same old crap.
    Last edited by strayrider; 06-Feb-2009 at 06:25 AM.

United States
    We had gay men and women during combat medic training.

Few of them were found out to be Lesbians and given a discharge. A pity too, they were damn good medics.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    This cat is heading for a total mental melt-down.

Pssst ... Mr. Prez, cut taxes on the wealthy corporations, they, not you, create the real jobs ... then, sit down and shut up before you blow a blood vessel in your brain ...

His slickness, his coolness under pressure, seems diminished ... he's like a dog fart in the wind ... listen to him and you'll find that the possibility that we "might" be struck by a big rock from outer space is trivial ... we won't be here to see it if we don't do something about the economy NOW!

Middle class tax cuts? I read in today's paper that I "might" get an extra $20 on my paycheck ... wow! Bring on the dancing girls!

-stray-

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey that $20.00 can provide an hour of entertainment at most strip clubs. Be grateful.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    We had gay men and women during combat medic training.

Few of them were found out to be Lesbians and given a discharge. A pity too, they were damn good medics.
    Yeah. That's just stupid and fucked up. If anything, people who don't like it at least deserve to accept it. A persons abilities is what's important, not their sexual preference. Props to Obama for that one, actually. Less bigotry for everyone!