Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest Bad-Ass in a zombie movie

capncnut
    I'm not sure where I get this from (maybe it's in Russo's novelisation) but didn't the whole meathook thing have something to do with the posse not wanting to touch the bodies physically through fear of infection. So they hooked the body and dragged it to the nearest bonfire.

As for the biggest badass, it would probably have to be...

...purely for the manly way he says "so f**king what".
    Last edited by capncnut; 01-Apr-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Undisclosed
    Security guard guy in the Dawn remake turned from skank to Clint Eastwood badass in a hurry. He went hard core.

We need this same thread for novels where we can nominate Wet Work and Dead in the West for badasses.

We need this same thread for novels where we can nominate Wet Work and Dead in the West for badasses.
    Last edited by Crappingbear; 01-Apr-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    That's Randy Burr. I think they made him use the meat hook to kick it down a notch. He looks as though he's ready to tear bodies apart with his bare hands. The cap says it all.

Gary Streiner is standing behind him brandishing the handgun. When these hardcore maniacs come to "rescue" you, run!

Funny, that's exactly what I thought ben was thinking when he saw who was coming to "rescue" him.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I'm not sure where I get this from (maybe it's in Russo's novelisation) but didn't the whole meathook thing have something to do with the posse not wanting to touch the bodies physically through fear of infection. So they hooked the body and dragged it to the nearest bonfire.
    The process described in Russo's novelization is that the posse would use machetes to hack the heads off the ghouls. Using meat hooks and gloves, they would carry the heads and carcasses to be burned, and then any hands and instruments that touched the dead bodies would be washed in alcohol and water.

It's much less specific in the movie, though the concept probably originated during production. Obviously meat hooks were used for the shock effect, but it was probably outside the budget to actually show any heads being lopped off (though there is at least one posse guy seen carrying a machete in the film).

The posse in NIGHT are still the ultimate badasses simply because they are so brutal and crudely depicted, not to mention they were the first. They run roughshod over the entire area, shooting and burning everything in their path with everyday instruments such as hunting rifles, meat hooks and gasoline, and they do it as though it's business as usual. The posse in the NIGHT remake is just a poor, over-the-top caricature of the original.

Randy Burr looks as though he'd been hunting ghouls for years; you can just imagine his wife reminding him to take a cap and jacket as he heads out to join the posse o' badasses.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 01-Apr-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Undisclosed

Gary

DubiousComforts I actually think you might have a better chance of winning most bad ass if you photoshop out the 16 year old kid in the background

United States
    What about "Chilly Billy" Cardille, all he was carrying was a microphone? That's "badass" if you ask me ..no weapons, only words to protect himself. lol

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    The posse in the NIGHT remake is just a poor, over-the-top caricature of the original.
    Yeah but wrestling zombies in a pen drunk on Jim Beam looked fun.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    DubiousComforts I actually think you might have a better chance of winning most bad ass if you photoshop out the 16 year old kid in the background
    I don't know... hanging out with veteran ghoul hunters like Randy "Meat Hook" Burr and Tony "Boom Boom" Pantanella at 16 years old is pretty badass. I couldn't even drive a vehicle at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    What about "Chilly Billy" Cardille, all he was carrying was a microphone? That's "badass" if you ask me ..no weapons, only words to protect himself. lol
    You're right, Chilly Billy was quite the badass, smoking his cigarette and remaining entirely cool under pressure. "Tell 'em we're gonna stay with it, Steve, and everything appears to be under control." You get the feeling that he'd had years of experience reporting on flesh-eating ghoul outbreaks, and this was just another walk in park.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 02-Apr-2009 at 07:57 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    I don't know, brother, I would not at 16 have been enough of a badass to take a revolver and a meathook and trek through the boondocks hunting ghouls, Buddy Holly specs notwithstanding.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."