Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12-year-old kid films ghost on camcorder.

capncnut

12-year-old kid films ghost on camcorder.

Julian Banks of the British Paranormal Society said the film was "potentially the best image of a ghost in years".
    Click for article and scroll down for video.

I'm not sure what to make of the shadow but damn that kid's startled response is convincing.

Zombie Capital of the World Pittsburgh, PA!
    Undisclosed
    That shit was SCAR-E!!!!

United States
    woah...that was creeeepy!!
    I am surprised the little boy was able to stay calm enough to pan back and get it again. Defo that is good footage!
    CALLING GHOSTBUSTERS!!!
    CUE music...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that sounds like the voice was altered, and a shadow moving like that, with no actual movement from the shadow could be done by a child in after effects, hell ive seen that done by just abusing a re-recordable vhs's functions.

ive seen more convincing stuff on most haunted honestly.

Christmas Island
    Maybe they've got a real Ghostwatch here. Yet somehow it leaves behind the feeling of... fake.

The slowed down voice is pretty funny though. "Oh My Gowaaaaaaa hoahhhhhh" Always good to end a ghost clip with a laugh.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ive seen more convincing stuff on most haunted honestly.
    What, a spoon flying across a room?

This seems to be making the news here on various sites/news channels but unfortunately the only place I could find the video quickly was via The Sun. I'm not entirely convinced but this definately is the most intriguing footage I have seen in a long while.

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm not that impressed. Now, if I had caught that on video I would have shit myself, but it looks like something that can be faked pretty handily in this day and age, so as third party footage I have nothing but absolute doubt.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    but this definately is the most intriguing footage I have seen in a long while.
    honestly?, i mean sure im paranoid and cynical of everything nowadays but in the age where anyone and his dog has at least a basic video production suite on there computer this is too easy to fake.

United States
    Its a damn shame cause this could be real but it just seems too fake. Not to mention it kinda sounds like the kid started to laugh right before the video cut.
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    honestly?, i mean sure im paranoid and cynical of everything nowadays but in the age where anyone and his dog has at least a basic video production suite on there computer this is too easy to fake.
    I'm not saying it's genuine footage but to compare this to something on Most Haunted is totally WTF?

I'm on the fence in regards to ghosts and the like but Most Haunted is a totally 'entertainment' based programme. This footage at least has a leading person in the field stating that it's the most intriguing piece of footage seen in recent years. I've said it once and I'll say it again, wheres Bassman when you need him?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    "INTRIGUING FOOTAGE"?!?-

its a semi transparent blur, wev'e been able to do this in images, moving or not for over a hundred years!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    It's better than Most Haunted because that's always "orbs" (i.e. DUST) floating about, and a northerner putting on voices of 'ghosts' who are all from the north.

If I saw that thing in the video with my own eyes, I'd be shite-scared ... just seeing the video, I'm not convinced, what with the lighting and so on, it could be some weird thing like that ... and why was the person even filming there anyway? Were they hunting the ghostie, or just walking around their house with a camera clamped to their head like they're waiting for £250 from YBF! or something?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'll take care of this!

What? The article made a reference to Ghostbusters.

Seriously though....It's kinda creepy but I'm not really convinced. It could have been anything.

United States
    Interesting video...but as more have said, it could be easily faked.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'll take care of this!

What? The article made a reference to Ghostbusters.

Seriously though....It's kinda creepy but I'm not really convinced. It could have been anything.
    So how does it feel having an unlicensed nuclear accelerator strapped to your back Bass?