Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Friday the 13th

ViP

United States
    Just got back from seeing it. I liked it. I said it earlier in the thread, Jason in the woods is hard to fuck up, and they didn't. If you go into this flick looking for something to stimulate your mind....

Undisclosed
    It is sold out over here. I will have to watch it another day.

United States
    i just got back too, haha. man i really liked it. my expectations were low, so if you do that you'll be happy haha. but it was done pretty well i think. if your a jason fan, def go see it in theaters.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate View Post
    hahaha! now you guys know i'm a huge fan of 6 after making my gta mod haha. clanglee if you havnt seen it, check this out.

That is fucking awesome man!!!!!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    hey thnx bud! check these out i just made!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    F13th 6 was awesome, I thought I was the only one who liked it. In fact F13th 1, 4 and 6 are all I have time for with that particular series.
    Part Six was awesome - it's one of my favourite of the series.

Parts 1 through 4 all rock (well, three is a bit ropey, but it's fun and the hockey mask turns up, and the final act action is all groovy).

Part 5 was entirely meh/lame ... Part 6 was awesome ... Part 7 was watered down and silly, BUT it featured the best unmasked Jason make-up EVER ... Part 8 was preposterously silly, more like "Jason Takes a Boat Going To Manhattan" ... Part 9 was sheer crap ... Jason X was silly fun, but so far removed from the true heart of the franchise.

And Freddy VS Jason was complete and utter eye rape ... nothing more, the only redeeming feature(s) was this:

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Part Six was awesome - it's one of my favourite of the series.

Parts 1 through 4 all rock (well, three is a bit ropey, but it's fun and the hockey mask turns up, and the final act action is all groovy).

Part 5 was entirely meh/lame ... Part 6 was awesome ... Part 7 was watered down and silly, BUT it featured the best unmasked Jason make-up EVER ... Part 8 was preposterously silly, more like "Jason Takes a Boat Going To Manhattan" ... Part 9 was sheer crap ... Jason X was silly fun, but so far removed from the true heart of the franchise.

And Freddy VS Jason was complete and utter eye rape ... nothing more
    I'd agree w/ all of the above, except I like FvJ, pretty much in the same way I liked Jason X.

The only reason I mention this is I know a lot of F13 "purists" who prefer the earlier stuff, when he was still human. They find the earlier stuff scarier & more believable (in a F13 movie?).

They don't like the "zombie Jason" as they feel it makes him too invincible & removes any of the tension or conflict between him & the protagonists. (see the awesome chase scene at the end of pt3 for what I mean)I think they're putting this one in the context of those. More old school/return to the roots.

Me? I like 'em all (almost), for the same reasons (as I said earlier), that I like the Godzilla series. It changes & evolves over the course of the series. The early ones I appreciate on one level & the latter ones are something different all together.

United States
    Imo the first 4 are the best of the series. They were the scariest, most suspensful, and had the best characters. They also fit together the best, and are the most enjoyable (for me at least) to watch in a marathon setting.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Imo the first 4 are the best of the series. They were the scariest, most suspensful, and had the best characters. They also fit together the best, and are the most enjoyable (for me at least) to watch in a marathon setting.
    Agreed. Especially 2-4. Sit down & watch those back-to-back & you've got a nice little trilogy there, especially how one flows right into the other.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I was never a big fan of the originals (although, oddly, I did like Jason X), so I'm more or less completely disinterested in seeing this. Same goes for the new Halloween movies - the only one of those movies I liked was Halloween III, which was a totally different type of film, and completely unconnected to the other.

Slasher movies bore my tits off. They're the sort of horror movies that non-horror fans imagine when they think of horror.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Honestly, based on Philly's comments, it sounded about like the others, so *shrug*...all of the posts I've read at the F13 board I lurk on are saying they think it's better than #5 & beyond, so that would put it right about middle of the road in comparison to the series, so I can live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    :LOL: 5 and beyond huh? I'm actually a HUGE fan of part 6 personally. Part 5 however was a travesty.
    Well, here is the thing to me. The new movie has the...."look"...of a new movie. I have said to my friend in the past that I think nowdays the art of making a film as progressed to the point where techniques such as directing style/camera angles, music/score, FX, etc are "easier to get right" then they were in the past, so it is easier to make a movie that "looks good" than it used to. But the ideas behind the writing is just as hard as ever..no way to make that easier. If you are going to make a "reboot", why bother if you are going to make the same shitty movie thats been done already. Just make it part 11, or whatever.

As far as part V goes, I liked it. The kill scenes werent all that great, and the fact that the guy who isnt even Jason can just take chainsaws to the arm, hit by bulldozers, etc, is annoying, and the tone was right. A grown up Tommy is now psychologically damaged after hacking a man to death as a kid. He has to take medication to quell his inner demons. But in part 6, he is happy go lucky, wanting to hit on chicks, etc. That was rediculous I thought.

United States
    I really want too see this

I loved the TCM remake; I though it was a great horror film in this day of PG-13 bullshit horror.

This thread sounds like a crap on the remake Philly. Not digging on you, but come on, it's Ft13th ....

Not Schindler's.

... I have said to my friend in the past that I think nowdays the art of making a film as progressed to the point where techniques such as directing style/camera angles, music/score, FX, etc are "easier to get right" then they were in the past, so it is easier to make a movie that "looks good" than it used to. But the ideas behind the writing is just as hard as ever..no way to make that easier. If you are going to make a "reboot", why bother if you are going to make the same shitty movie thats been done already. Just make it part 11, or whatever.
    I disagree

I think filmmaking is an art and it is constantly being done wrong by those who have no clue on to do it

Look at Sci Fi channel for the lowest common denominator in filmmaking.

It is not easy at all to make a film look good; from the lighting to the blocking and staging to the cameras langauge. It is an art form.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 14-Feb-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Super Moderator

UK
    Human Jason was definitely better than zombie Jason, but zombie Jason still rocked ... plus he's cooler lumbering through the woods, rather than running ... what's with all the running these days? Everyone's always in such a rush to kill their victims these days...geez.

Part 4 was the fucking bomb though, that was the best F13 sequel EVER. It's just pure awesome.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Human Jason was definitely better than zombie Jason, but zombie Jason still rocked ... plus he's cooler lumbering through the woods, rather than running ... what's with all the running these days? Everyone's always in such a rush to kill their victims these days...geez.
    Jason ran quite a bit in #2 & #3...heck, he chases Chris's ass all over Higgens Haven at the end of that damn movie! Don't think he HAD the opportunity to chase any one in #4. After that, it's zombie Jason who lumbers & then "just appears".

So, really, no surprise to me he's running after people in this one. Since it's more of a return to the earlier ones & all.

Undisclosed
    Wow... I appreciate Halloween ALOT more now... lol.

Part 5 isnt THAT bad... IMO. lol
    Last edited by Minerva_Zombi; 15-Feb-2009 at 08:40 AM.