Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New Friday the 13th

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I guess I am the only one who enjoyed the remake. I really don't see what the bitch is about this movie. Its a Friday the 13th movie. What did you guys expect? A 4 star horror movie? *L* It was a B-level slasher movie. I took it for what it is compared to the other films of the series.
    Nope, you're not the only one at all. I liked it quite a bit, as a big fan of the franchise. I thought it was pretty much on par with most of the other films in the series, w/ a little bit of a fresh twist by way of the portrayal of Jason. Sorry Bassman, just don't agree at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It was an anus-load better than Freddy VS Jason though ... good lord that movie sucked "teh ballz".
    Nah, FvJ was good stupid fun for what it was. Jason Goes to Hell? THAT sucks "TEH MAJOR BALLZ!!!!"
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 31-Jul-2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Nah, FvJ was good stupid fun for what it was. Jason Goes to Hell? THAT sucks "TEH MAJOR BALLZ!!!!"
    Nah, FvJ really did suck copious scrotum ... but yes, Jason Goes To Hell was dreadful ... the only good thing about FvJ was this:

One thing I didn't like about the F13 remake was:

Why on earth is he keeping that girl alive in his weird underground dungeon place ... and what's he doing with an elaborate underground dungeon in the first place ... especially after it seems so obvious that he smashed that machete into her noggin in the opening section - because why would Jason do that massive machete swing just to deliberately miss? It's silly - and clearly only done for the camera, not for the character, which is what the motivation should always be.

Undisclosed
    Nah, FvJ really did suck copious scrotum ... but yes, Jason Goes To Hell was dreadful ... the only good thing about FvJ was this:

One thing I didn't like about the F13 remake was:

Why on earth is he keeping that girl alive in his weird underground dungeon place ... and what's he doing with an elaborate underground dungeon in the first place ... especially after it seems so obvious that he smashed that machete into her noggin in the opening section - because why would Jason do that massive machete swing just to deliberately miss? It's silly - and clearly only done for the camera, not for the character, which is what the motivation should always be.

If you remember during the beginning of the movie. She found and was wearing a pendant around her neck that belonged to Jason's mom. That is what kept her alive. Another scene, she was held captive and Jason was examining both her shackles and the pendant around her neck. It is similiar to part 2 when the lead chick was wearing the sweather and it kept sack-head Jason from attacking her.

United States
    Nah, FvJ really did suck copious scrotum ...
    I'll see your nah & raise you a "NUH-UH!"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I'll see your nah & raise you a "NUH-UH!"
    And I'll make a counter offer of "pfft".

Slick - fair enough, didn't really see/remember that bit ... still a bit naff though.

Julianna Guill's (or however her name is spelled) knockers are great though.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm glad to say that after seeing about 15 minutes of FvJ I was smart enough to quit. Every second of that film screamed "suck". Too bad I wasn't smart enough to do the same with this F13 remake. I had to sit through all of it.....

Seriously....this mindless slasher stuff has been done to death. It can be fun and I totally understand why people can enjoy it like a mindless action flick, but c'mon!

Sometimes I wonder if kiddies these days go back and watch older films. When I first got into "the art" of making films, I spent a few years going through the "old" sections of movies in the rental store. It was probably the best movie experience time of my life. Kids these days seem to only remember as far back as Scream.

United States
    Nah, FvJ really did suck copious scrotum ... but yes, Jason Goes To Hell was dreadful ...
    You know its funny. JGTH is probably the best scripted, best acted, and best produced film in the series(and yes only compared to the series). Yet, its hated for being too different from the rest. As, for FvJ. Yep crap. The most annoying thing about the movie is the writers/producers thinking the audience was dumb. They explain the plotline numerous times in the film. If not by Freddy, then by the teens, if not by the teens, then by the adults, it was just such crappy dialogue.