Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Good Thing That Will Come From the Release of the new Terminator...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't know much about that techno mumbo jumbo stuff. I just know if it looks good or if it doesnt. It looks good, but it's obvious that it's not as good as some others. Let's say....The Dark Knight and The Matrix. Holy fook Those are probably the best looking BR's I have.

Then I have some older movies that look good, but not perfect like newer ones. Beetlejuice....it looks awesome, but not as good as the two mentioned above. I guess it's because it's older? I dunno....I'm just looking forward to the Ghostbusters BR's. Apparently they're going to be the first BR's to hold so much information or something like that. I've seen a few screens and they look INCREDIBLE.
    yeah the dark knights opening of gotham in the day and the famous motorway fight from reloaded look amazing on blur-ray.

Canada
    I probably won't go and see T4, I'll stick with the classic
    Terminator and T2..Yeah, when I bought the DVD of T1, I noticed all
    the sound changes for the gun fire and audio and I was like WTF, it was
    a little distracting at first, but I don't mind too much, course I still watch the
    VHS versions more often anyways

United States
    No, THIS is the one good thing that will come out of T4:

Canada
    Bale = Goof...thinks he is so good it's disgusting sometimes

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah yeah yeah....Bale is so bad.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't care about his personality. I watch his acting. He's pretty good at that.

I let his personal life lie at home. Where it belongs.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah....Bale is so bad.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't care about his personality. I watch his acting. He's pretty good at that.

I let his personal life lie at home. Where it belongs.
    /agreed

United States
    Sometimes it's better to buy the original $5 DVD instead of the $30 remastered editions.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Sometimes it's better to buy the original $5 DVD instead of the $30 remastered editions.
    I investigate my dvds a lot more these days, but you'd just assume you'd get the proper sound effects, or at least the original audio on a remastered dvd as an option - to change the soundscape of The Terminator so much, and not allow the fans to have their mono track back, is just ridiculous.

I got the DVD when I was quite new to DVDs though, but I just expected it to be like I'd always known it - not some stupid new audio bullshit.

It looks good, but it doesn't sound good.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

SAVIOUR OF HUMANITY!!!!
    Bein' a savior doesn't make for easy livin'

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Looks like I am partially right so far...

The unstoppable 'T2' is coming back to high-def, with Lionsgate unveiling two new editions of the sci-fi classic for Blu-ray release in mid-May.

Released in late 2006 on Blu-ray in a relatively bare-bones edition, as well as numerous prior DVD and video incarnations, Lionsgate will repackage the James Cameron epic yet again on May 12.

Featuring over six hours of bonus features is the two-disc 'Terminator 2: Skynet Edition,' which will arrive concurrently with the 'Limited Edition Terminator 2 Complete Collector's Set,' a seven-disc set which will bundle the Blu-ray 'Skynet Edition' with the previous 'Ultimate Edition' and 'Extreme Edition' DVD versions.

Lionsgsate has not yet unveiled the full specs for the 'Skynet' and 'Complete Collector's Set' specs, but watch for remastered video and audio, and several all-new bonus features. As always, we'll keep you posted as details are confirmed.

Suggested retail price for the 'Terminator 2: Skynet Edition' Blu-ray has been set at $34.99, with the 'Limited Edition Terminator 2 Complete Collector's Set' going for $174.99.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

SAVIOUR OF HUMANITY!!!!

damn. wow. that train has derailed big time. someone keep him away from IHOP.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    If they do re-release T1 - I hope they release it with the proper audio in tact. Even if it's a mono track, I don't care - I want the sound effects I grew up with - as well as the original text on screen at the beginning, not that absolutely awful subtitle-type crap they blundered up on the screen on my DVD copy (the 20th anniversary one, or whatever).
    Yeah that really annoyed me, the gunshots are weird and tinny sounding & the text at the start isn't in that cool font, it's just crammed in at the bottom.

Although the first 2 disc edition of t1 had a classic trailer where they dubbed that black cop with a white guys voice
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE