Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survival 101

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    Mmmmm. Long pig ceviche.
    Lost on most. But, as you say, a bit of lime/lemon juice with diced onions, peppers and herbs will create a delightful "cooked" appetizer salad. Long pig being pork, of course.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappingbear View Post
    Lost on most. But, as you say, a bit of lime/lemon juice with diced onions, peppers and herbs will create a delightful "cooked" appetizer salad. Long pig being pork, of course.
    A cooked human is bad enough, but human flesh "cooked" only in citric acid is really over the limit of palatability. Pretty gross!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    A cooked human is bad enough, but human flesh "cooked" only in citric acid is really over the limit of palatability. Pretty gross!

Cerviche is seafood of course. But, what of steak tartar? What of Japanese beef tatake? A bit of flesh with a dipping sauce is good eats. Amen.

Any by the way, you can refer to me as Sanjuro from now on. Or not.
    Last edited by Crappingbear; 27-Mar-2009 at 10:22 AM.

United States
    Cerviche is seafood of course. But, what of steak tartar? What of Japanese beef tatake? A bit of flesh with a dipping sauce is good eats. Amen.

Any by the way, you can refer to me as Sanjuro from now on. Or not.
    Don't mind eating my beef rare or even in carpaccio/tartare form (provided it is USDA inspected) but your random human (considering the diseases of today) I wouldn't think of kissing let alone eating - raw or otherwise. Maybe it's just my hangup. I

I love ceviche, BTW. Have been known to get pretty ill too from time to time since I have a penchant for trying ceviche at every restaurant or taco truck I come across in Los Angeles. Still love it though - guess I will never learn.

Crappingbear, you wouldn't be a Kurosawa fan, would you? Dude like you, I would not be surprised.

Sanjuro- funny thing is I used to go by this moniker, but changed over when I approached my 40s since "Sanjuro" roughly translates to "thirty-something" (My wife currently uses that handle being on the early end of her thirties.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Don't mind eating my beef rare or even in carpaccio/tartare form (provided it is USDA inspected) but your random human (considering the diseases of today) I wouldn't think of kissing let alone eating - raw or otherwise. Maybe it's just my hangup. I

I love ceviche, BTW. Have been known to get pretty ill too from time to time since I have a penchant for trying ceviche at every restaurant or taco truck I come across in Los Angeles. Still love it though - guess I will never learn.

Crappingbear, you wouldn't be a Kurosawa fan, would you? Dude like you, I would not be surprised.

Sanjuro- funny thing is I used to go by this moniker, but changed over when I approached my 40s since "Sanjuro" roughly translates to "thirty-something" (My wife currently uses that handle being on the early end of her thirties.
    Kurosawa-san is one of the greatest directors and visionaries in all of film in my opinion. Whether you are referencing Hidden Fortress as the empetis of Star Wars or dissecting the American Western evolving from Seven Samurai, AK is the MAN. It doesn't hurt to have a leading man like Mifune to be the John Wayne to John Fords muse either.

And while on the subject, my favorite Takeshi Miike film is the remake of the Korean film Happy Family, "The Happiness of the Katakuris". Its a brilliant comedy film and Richard cracks me up every time.

Lone Wolf and Cub? Yah. Fun especially considering he was the brother of "Zatoichi" another fave.

And to really break this down to the lowest common denominator, I love Puroresu Japanese Pro Wrestling as created by sumo legend Rikidozen, carried on by Antonio Inoki with New Japan and Giant Baba with All Japan. Mitsuhara Misawa vs Toshiaka Kawada is one of my favorite fueds ever even compared with my Texas favs the Funks vs Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen.

Well......I'm Japanesed out. Other than I love Bio-Zombie, Wild Zero, Versus, Junk, and the other crazy horror they do.
    Last edited by Crappingbear; 29-Mar-2009 at 09:02 AM.

United States
    Well......I'm Japanesed out. Other than I love Bio-Zombie, Wild Zero, Versus, Junk, and the other crazy horror they do.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Ok, I have no idea what your reply means. None. Maybe Stacies will refresh you from your Asian dislike?

United States
    Ok, I have no idea what your reply means. None. Maybe Stacies will refresh you from your Asian dislike?
    No that was, I bow down to you sir. I'm a big fan of all said movies listed!

United States
    No that was, I bow down to you sir. I'm a big fan of all said movies listed!
    As am I, Crappingbear. Good list, BTW.

Undisclosed
    So, is there anything better than Versus where you have the Forrest of Resurrection, zoms, machine guns and swords? Fun stuff.

United States
    So, is there anything better than Versus where you have the Forrest of Resurrection, zoms, machine guns and swords? Fun stuff.
    I know not every one digs that film because it's too over the top or not a pure zombie movie, but I think it's 100% badass. I love the melange of various genres, & the twist at the end is wicked cool. If you're a Godzilla & or Kitamura fan, check out the final (for now) entry in the series "Godzilla: Final Wars". It's a lot of fun in a retro-kitsch kind of way.

United States
    I know not every one digs that film because it's too over the top or not a pure zombie movie, but I think it's 100% badass. I love the melange of various genres, & the twist at the end is wicked cool. If you're a Godzilla & or Kitamura fan, check out the final (for now) entry in the series "Godzilla: Final Wars". It's a lot of fun in a retro-kitsch kind of way.

Can't believe I have gone all this time and not seen this one! Going to check it out asap. Thanks moon!

United States
    Can't believe I have gone all this time and not seen this one! Going to check it out asap. Thanks moon!

It's very fun in a campy way. I love all three "era's" (Showa, Heisei, & Millennium) of Godzilla for different reasons. My only complaint about this one is he fights so many opponents that some of the fights are soooo brief. But it's still good to see old favorites like the Kamakuras, Kumonga, Hedorah, King Caesar, & of course Gigan, who is totally badass in this film.

There's a special ummm...American guest star that it's GREAT to see the big G lay the smack down on.