Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ...Of the dead First of a series of 4 FILMS???

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    i see things of th riginal day in land and the new of the dead film but,i canīt remember none in diary.what are the 5 things you see?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Indeed.

But he also said he'd do a sequel to Land, and a sequel to Diary - and he's not done either, so I wouldn't put much faith in him doing a series of 4 "of the Dead" films.

Nor do I think it's necessary - let's see how this new one goes - and then Romero should do another film that isn't zombies ... as much as I love me some GAR zombie action, the dude needs to spread his wings out - three GAR zed flicks since 2005 is a bit OTT.

I just hope that "of the Dead" is better than Diary ... which was pretty much "meh" ... Land though, I dug that (despite a few of it's flaws).

GAR really needs to - afterwards - get into something else though, not necessarily another genre, but at least something that's not zombies for a change ... you know?

In the mean time, bring on "of the Dead".
    Umm, sinc ethe military guy in Survival is from Diary and talks about the kids from Diary, it then makes Survival a sequel

And, I will raise Romero's 4 sequels with the final chapter in I AM ZOMBIE MAN, and a 3rd Deadlands
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Umm, sinc ethe military guy in Survival is from Diary and talks about the kids from Diary, it then makes Survival a sequel
    Yeah, I'd call it a sequel too (narratively, if not thematically). I figured he actually meant Survival as the second in a series of four films - Diary being the first, Survival the second, the one about the black militia third and the fourth one about either the annoying Little Miss Texas in her Winnebago, or the continuing adventures of the survivors in the panic room. Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

Super Moderator

UK
    Personally I'd prefer him to leave the Diary characters well alone after Survival, which I'd barely consider a sequel, quite honestly. One carry-over character who makes brief mention to those in a previous film? Not much of a sequel to me...

IAZM3 ... Deadlands 3 ... man, Deej, if you do a 4th one or a remake I'll have to join in to keep the unity going.

Scotland
    Personally I'd prefer him to leave the Diary characters well alone after Survival, which I'd barely consider a sequel, quite honestly. One carry-over character who makes brief mention to those in a previous film? Not much of a sequel to me...

IAZM3 ... Deadlands 3 ... man, Deej, if you do a 4th one or a remake I'll have to join in to keep the unity going.
    But doesn't it contain footage from Diary at the start? Someone told me we even see the main characters from Diary and everything.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    But doesn't it contain footage from Diary at the start? Someone told me we even see the main characters from Diary and everything.
    Really?

Hmmm ... well ... I still don't know whether I'd really consider it a sequel. Like a really real sequel.

Scotland
    Really?

Hmmm ... well ... I still don't know whether I'd really consider it a sequel. Like a really real sequel.
    I think it was either Capn or Andy, I forget. They mentioned that before the internet goes down, the soldiers find the footage the Diary survivors uploaded on the web and watch the scene of themselves raiding the Winniebago. They realise, to their amusement, that they have become slightly famous.

Andy? Cap? Can you guys confirm this?

I know what you mean though about it not feeling like a true sequel. It's a bit like Blades popping up in Land... yeah, it's a sequel but not of the Ghostbusters 2 type.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 05-Jan-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Really?

I think if it were another director sharing a vision of their current world, with a minor character cum protag thrown in and some totally different narrative from its proceeding film, we'd all be more likely to say, "Oh, it's a loose sequel."

So, that's what I'm going with for now. Or would indirect sequel be appropriate, film dudes?
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 05-Jan-2010 at 08:27 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    It is as much as Dawn is to Night or Day is to Dawn. There is NO carry over between those movies, yet you can still view them as part of a series OR as stand-alone & they work either way.

Now that I think about it, "sequel" might not be the right word per se..."series" MIGHT be a better fit...

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I think it was either Capn or Andy, I forget. They mentioned that before the internet goes down, the soldiers find the footage the Diary survivors uploaded on the web and watch the scene of themselves raiding the Winniebago. They realise, to their amusement, that they have become slightly famous.

Andy? Cap? Can you guys confirm this?
    Sarge talks about it in one of the 2 "Sarge" videos that were released. My understanding was there were quick, pick up bits that they did on the fly as promo's & not part of them film per se? (can't remember which thread that was in...maybe the interview w/ GAR?)

NOt on Youtube that I could find to embed, but here are the links...the 2nd one features the mentions to Diary in question:

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-...2-4609529.html

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-...2-4857207.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think it would be a very sad thing for romero to make nothing but zombie films for the rest of his career. At the core of it filmmakers are artists, even if they arent always seen as such and it seems almost cruel to only expect him to spend his career doing zombie flicks to please you. the "you" not pertaining to anyone of course, but just his fanbase who dont want anything else. Just because i love all of kevin smith's comedies doesnt mean i dont want to see red state go into production.
    I'd love to see george work on something new,its a shame message boards are full of "i want him to make films like dawn of the dead till he croacks,lol" so he'll never get the funding for it.
    Last edited by Danny; 05-Jan-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

Sarge talks about it in one of the 2 "Sarge" videos that were released. My understanding was there were quick, pick up bits that they did on the fly as promo's & not part of them film per se? (can't remember which thread that was in...maybe the interview w/ GAR?)

NOt on Youtube that I could find to embed, but here are the links...the 2nd one features the mentions to Diary in question:

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-...2-4609529.html

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-...2-4857207.html
    Yeah yeah, I remember those. But I'm sure someone said the footage of the "stick-up" appears in the actual movie.

Super Moderator

UK
    Part of a series - as with all of GAR's zed flicks - that's the ideal way to frame it, I think.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    It is as much as Dawn is to Night or Day is to Dawn. There is NO carry over between those movies, yet you can still view them as part of a series OR as stand-alone & they work either way.

Now that I think about it, "sequel" might not be the right word per se..."series" MIGHT be a better fit...
    Yeah, part of a series seems a nice compromise. Kinda like Star Trek is called a series and they make movies in any timeframe with completely disparate characters that all are assumed to exist in the same universe. They are connected loosely, with some character crossover when it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i think it would be a very sad thing for romero to make nothing but zombie films for the rest of his career. At the core of it filmmakers are artists, even if they arent always seen as such and it seems almost cruel to only expect him to spend his career doing zombie flicks to please you. the "you" not pertaining to anyone of course, but just his fanbase who dont want anything else.
    I guess I gott say "boo hoo" to this to a certain extent.

No one is forcing GAR to make zombie movies. He's going where the money is. How many people at one point in their life chose to take a job that's not necessarily their life's love because they needed a paycheck? Answer... all of us. And how many people lost sight of their dreams because they came to rely on that paycheck. Answer... Too many.

Just like every single one of us, if he wants to make a career out of doing what he loves then he's gotta find a way to make what he loves pay the bills. Or he's gotta do it as a hobby. Either way, it's not a matter of someone else handing him the opportunity.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post

I guess I gott say "boo hoo" to this to a certain extent.

No one is forcing GAR to make zombie movies. He's going where the money is. How many people at one point in their life chose to take a job that's not necessarily their life's love because they needed a paycheck? Answer... all of us. And how many people lost sight of their dreams because they came to rely on that paycheck. Answer... Too many.

Just like every single one of us, if he wants to make a career out of doing what he loves then he's gotta find a way to make what he loves pay the bills. Or he's gotta do it as a hobby. Either way, it's not a matter of someone else handing him the opportunity.
    Very true. I agree completely and have stated similarly in the past. I'm not even sure why such an old crutch was even brought into this topic.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I love reading and watching all the cool stuff on a forum thread that was around wayyy before I was.
    I'd love to see something like that. A movie, then a few more that branch out in their own way. Heck, they might even intertwine again at some point. Or have some goal they are all individually trying to reach, and another movie to tie it all up as far as who made it, where they go from there, among other things.
    I'd be happy if they'd give George other work, sure, but if I'd my druthers...
    I'd have him locked in a room banging away at zombie scripts until I could forcibly make him direct them at gunpoint and whips. Maybe a couple other horror icons. Then make him redo the Resident Evil movies right...