• The Mist

6 17.65%
  • Other

13 38.24%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite Stephen King movie

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Christine is an awesome piece of work, let down only by an incoherent explanation for Christine's behaviour. At first we are led to believe that the car is possessed and falls in love with Arnie, but later it turns out to be the spirit of Roland LeBay driving the car. I don't know if I read it wrong or what but maybe I'll check it out again.
    Yep. Rare instance where the movie is better IMO. I like how in the movie the premise is never 100% explained, other than some things are just born bad as it were.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Also, isn't Salem's Lot linked to one of the Dark Tower episodes?

Christine is an awesome piece of work, let down only by an incoherent explanation for Christine's behaviour. At first we are led to believe that the car is possessed and falls in love with Arnie, but later it turns out to be the spirit of Roland LeBay driving the car. I don't know if I read it wrong or what but maybe I'll check it out again.
    1: the last few actually, but wont spoil it as that series is one i dearly love and it brings all kings works together and should be read, spoiler free, by every king fan.

2: I believe christine had no will of its own, it was a medium, an inanimate object with so much raw emotion poured into it that it became animated by the sheer force of it. lebay was the closest to it out of all so it stands to reason after he died that his spirit grounded to the car that sort of fed off each others raw emotion as a sort of power to fuel them.

Undisclosed
    Technically, Jerusalem's Lot was more an homage to Lovecraft than a prequel to his vampire novel but the other one was a great bit of nasty, letting us in on certain happenings after Ben Mears torched The Lot.

Kinda lost track of King after Storm of The Century. I'd love to see Survivor Type (also in Skeleton Crew ) done as part of an anthology series. It was classic Tales From The Crypt style writing. And if you like King describing his own influences growing up, read Danse Macabre.

Wayne Z
    Last edited by wayzim; 04-Jul-2009 at 01:30 AM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    I'd love to see Survivor Type (also in Skeleton Crew ) done as part of an anthology series. It was classic Tales From The Crypt style writing.
    This was the first thing I ever read by King, when my mother read Skeleton Crew and suggested I should read it, as everything I watched had something to do with flesheating.

I musta been... um, thirteen.

I have always hoped that someone would film this as part of a horror anthology but I understand it would probably be quite a difficult story to translate to screen.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    And if you like King describing his own influences growing up, read Danse Macabre.
    Love that book. Really gets me to thinking about horror. Haven't read it in a while. Should dig it up for a re-read.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The Shining though Maximum Overdrive was a blast.