Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: zombie diaries booo!!!!!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I think the main issue with the release of the film has been the artwork, which i'll stress is nothing to do with the filmmakers. It can give false expectations as the film isn't an action-horror movie. But simply calling filmmakers who manage to raise enough money to shoot a movie and slog their guts out over it "pricks" really does show a lack of understanding.
    Well said, Hydro. I have nothing but respect for what you and everyone else on your project accomplished. Good show!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed

Red face Also!

Shiiit i even found the Dead Next Door as low of a budget and crappy effects found that to be at least twice as better than TZD!

Super Moderator

United States
    Sometimes things just don't meet our own particular tastes, that's what makes film so subjective. Looks like this might just be one of those times.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 28-Feb-2009 at 10:36 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well said, Hydro. I have nothing but respect for what you and everyone else on your project accomplished. Good show!
    Quite agree, The Zombie Diaries SHAT on Diary Of The Dead. No wonder Kev was offered a shit hot deal on the movie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You actually dug COTLD? Would you mind explaining what you enjoyed about it? I don't mean it in a rude or baiting way either, I have just never met anyone who actually like COTLD and I am really curious towards their opinion.
    Ok so I watched COTLD yesterday and still enjoyed it. The acting, story, pacing, wasn't the best but it entertained me for 90 minutes.

Abbot Hayes and his wierd laugh/gasp was a little much but it's a movie I could watch every once in a while.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The movie itself made me laugh, especially when the van veers off the cliff. I was ROFLMAO at that.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The movie itself made me laugh, especially when the van veers off the cliff. I was ROFLMAO at that.
    That WAS funny. That cliff and speed of the van came out of no where! You have to admit that Savini was great in the first 10 minutes!

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I agree. It was bad....BUT as someone who has seen dozens of bad zombie movies...there are MUCH worse out there.

It's like the best bad zombie movie on DVD right now.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That WAS funny. That cliff and speed of the van came out of no where! You have to admit that Savini was great in the first 10 minutes!
    HA HA, doing a very bad impression of popeye
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by archivesofthede View Post
    It's like the best bad zombie movie on DVD right now.

If there is EVER a re-release of the DVD...your quote HAS to be on the cover!

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    If there is EVER a re-release of the DVD...your quote HAS to be on the cover!

sorry, I just seen this. I'll have to send it over to them. With all due respect.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Out of the three "Video Cam Zombie Films" that were released around the same time, [REC], TZD and Diary of the Dead, I think I enjoy TZD the least. [REC] rules, however. Best zombiefilm in a long, long time.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Out of the three "Video Cam Zombie Films" that were released around the same time, [REC], TZD and Diary of the Dead, I think I enjoy TZD the least. [REC] rules, however. Best zombiefilm in a long, long time.
    Agreed. If you haven't seen "Dead Set" yet, then check it out. I'd put it right up there. Maybe even better in some respects, (though [REC] is a hard act to follow....)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah. I saw Dead Set. It brought some interesting questions I hadn't thought about before... Such as where do you take a crap when you're being besieged by zombies? Overall a good series, but with a bit of a crappy ending.

But I thought the zombies were ridiculous. They were running, hissing superzombies. But that series would have been sooooo epic if the zombies would have been shamblers! And not hissing.

United States
    Yeah. I saw Dead Set. It brought some interesting questions I hadn't thought about before... Such as where do you take a crap when you're being besieged by zombies? Overall a good series, but with a bit of a crappy ending.
    The ending kinda floored me on that one.

while it was a real downer, it was tense, gripping & shocking, to me anyway. I didn't see it coming & they didn't cop out on it at all, which shocked the hell out of me for a TV project. Those final few shots haunted me for days

But I thought the zombies were ridiculous. They were running, hissing superzombies. But that series would have been sooooo epic if the zombies would have been shamblers! And not hissing.
    Bugged me a LITTLE, but not as bad as D'04 for some reason. They weren't track stars & roaring like raptors at least. I thought they were the most believable runners I'd seen at least.