Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zombie diaries booo!!!!!

Undisclosed

Thumbs down zombie diaries booo!!!!!

Just saw Zombies Diaries...let me just say for anyone thinking of renting or buying it id have more fun giving myself a paper cut in my asssshole!!!

Tired of these bullshit zombie flicks who the fu@k would fund this piece of elephant turd?

I give this movie 2 fingers up!!!

capncnut
    Thread moved.

United States
    I agree. It was bad....BUT as someone who has seen dozens of bad zombie movies...there are MUCH worse out there.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I agree that there is much much worse out there. I don't think it is a really as bad as say Children of the Living Dead. It had some enjoyable moments.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I agree that there is much much worse out there. I don't think it is a really as bad as say Children of the Living Dead. It had some enjoyable moments.
    Here goes all my credibility; I really enjoyed Children of the Living Dead.

Different strokes for different folks I guess!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post

I give this movie 2 fingers up!!!
    let me guess- are they in the middle of your hand.

i thought zombie diaries wasn't bad just ultra depressing. definitely worth a look though and to echo what's been said before, there are certainly worse things out there.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow, I actually quite liked the film. Granted, it was a bit dark for my tastes, but I thought it went in a nice direction. Overall, the production values and acting seemed damned good for this level of film, but each to their own, I suppose.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed

Angry ok!

Had a chance to calm down now...i just got to keep telling myself stop expecting Dawn of the Dead (original of course) i cant understand why no one can duplicate that magnitude!

We all talk about these flicks and most of us agree on what a good zombie flick formula is needed, yet the "pricks" lucky enough to have the funds to put out a movie always fall short!

Oh well i will say at least i didn't pay for this piece of sh@t!!!

United States
    Had a chance to calm down now...i just got to keep telling myself stop expecting Dawn of the Dead (original of course) i cant understand why no one can duplicate that magnitude!

We all talk about these flicks and most of us agree on what a good zombie flick formula is needed, yet the "pricks" lucky enough to have the funds to put out a movie always fall short!

I would say it shows how hard it is to trap lighting in a bottle. DOTD is that rare film in a particular genre that comes along once in a few generations.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Here goes all my credibility; I really enjoyed Children of the Living Dead.

Different strokes for different folks I guess!

You actually dug COTLD? Would you mind explaining what you enjoyed about it? I don't mean it in a rude or baiting way either, I have just never met anyone who actually like COTLD and I am really curious towards their opinion.

I would say it shows how hard it is to trap lighting in a bottle. DOTD is that rare film in a particular genre that comes along once in a few generations.
    Like was said, DAWN is very rare. It really captivates you from beginning to end because although you are stuck in a mall, you know from the looks on their faces, and the desperation of the TV and radio casts that all is lost. DAWN is by far one of the most EPIC horror films ever made.

That magic will be hard to capture, however, it is a big inspiration for me as a filmmaker because EPIC zombie films are what i love most.

Shaun is another film that almost captures that same magic. The exact moment it is captured is when they turn on the TV in the pub and start channel surfing to only find out everything is off the air.

That my friends is what horror is all about. Bringing the creepiness out in the open.

One thing I did enjoy about TZD is the opening bit in the house when they went upstairs to investigate, their was such suspense going into it, but it fizzled out too soon because the scene took too long to take place.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 24-Feb-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You actually dug COTLD? Would you mind explaining what you enjoyed about it? I don't mean it in a rude or baiting way either, I have just never met anyone who actually like COTLD and I am really curious towards their opinion.
    I think initially I rented COTLD and The Dead Hate the Living on the same weekend a few years back and I was more impressed with COTLD.

I can't really point to anything right now but I'll pop it in again this weekend and give you a better answer.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think initially I rented COTLD and The Dead Hate the Living on the same weekend a few years back and I was more impressed with COTLD.

I can't really point to anything right now but I'll pop it in again this weekend and give you a better answer.

Thanks... mucho appreciate it. Like I said I really am curious.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States

Not much of a comparison there. That's like saying "I ate some cat shit and some dog shit. . . turns out that The dog shit is a little less tangy"

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Wow, I actually quite liked the film. Granted, it was a bit dark for my tastes, but I thought it went in a nice direction. Overall, the production values and acting seemed damned good for this level of film, but each to their own, I suppose.
    Completely agree.
    Last edited by clanglee; 24-Feb-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

I think the main issue with the release of the film has been the artwork, which i'll stress is nothing to do with the filmmakers. It can give false expectations as the film isn't an action-horror movie. But simply calling filmmakers who manage to raise enough money to shoot a movie and slog their guts out over it "pricks" really does show a lack of understanding.
    Kevin Gates: Writer & Director - The Zombie Diaries

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I think the main issue with the release of the film has been the artwork, which i'll stress is nothing to do with the filmmakers. It can give false expectations as the film isn't an action-horror movie. But simply calling filmmakers who manage to raise enough money to shoot a movie and slog their guts out over it "pricks" really does show a lack of understanding.

What he said.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!