Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: zombie diaries booo!!!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Really? I thought they were pretty much copy-paste zombies from Dawn. Track-stars, roars and everything. And also the twitching... Why, why, why?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Really? I thought they were pretty much copy-paste zombies from Dawn. Track-stars, roars and everything. And also the twitching... Why, why, why?
    I'll have to watch again w/ a more critical eye. Maybe it was the setting & mood that made them seem more believable for some reason. Grim, tense & unrelenting. Really felt like the end of the world & not as "action-y" as D'04. I dunno...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I'll have to watch again w/ a more critical eye. Maybe it was the setting & mood that made them seem more believable for some reason. Grim, tense & unrelenting. Really felt like the end of the world & not as "action-y" as D'04. I dunno...
    Agreed on that. Everything else about Dead Set is top notch. My favourite kind of zombiefilms are the ones where it's about the characters rivalry and survivor, as well as their expressions of terror when they're confronted by this gruesome end-of-the-world scenario. And Dead Set definetly falls into that category. The only thing I didn't like it were the zombies (and to some extent, the shaky hand-camera photography).

I still stand by my opinion that if Dead Set had featured shamblers, and thus emphazised a more drawn out horror, rather than a sudden burst of action, then Dead Set would have been one of the greatest things to come our for a long time.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    zombie diaries was shite though, just saw it...looks like it was made on a Z1. Terrible.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Kazakhstan
    So harsh the dude is reading all of this.

Haven't seen it yet, but a depressing rather than action packed zombie movie sounds my cup of tea, I'll keep an eye out
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    Haven't seen it yet, but a depressing rather than action packed zombie movie sounds my cup of tea, I'll keep an eye out
    I enjoyed it, son. Chances are you will too.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    So harsh the dude is reading all of this.

I take it back then, it was a dark noir character study with deep sociopolitical commentary - unfortunately none of it worked...!

mind you the next to nothing budget kinda makes it a valiant effort - still I think they missed the mark on more than a few occasions and should make up for lack of money by implementing a good solid plot with likable and memorable characters...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Goke was a good character IMO.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon