Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "What happened to all the nice guys?"

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, I don't think any sort of 'game' or the like is necessary, but I agree that a willingness to step up to the plate and take a swing is damned necessary...I mean, that's obvious to most of us, I'd think.
    Indeed... this dude's ego has been hurt because the girl didn't make the first move, simple as.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think there were some good points made in that piece. However, as chic pointed out, It got lost in the midst of the pitty party he was having for himself. Some psychoanalysis would be fascinating in this case.

It's alot like the rep party in this country. They make some really good points but they go a bit too far and no one cares about their message because of the way they go about communicating it.

With that said, anyone that would make blanket statements about an entire gender such as this person did is an idiot. The same goes for women who blurt out, " men are dogs". It's not right, not fair, and ignorant.

Now, although statements like that are rooted in fact, they come off as sounding ignorant and therefore destroys the persons credibility on the subject, exposes their bias and nullifies some really good points that were made.

I understand to a degree what he was talking about, even what made him bitter but that's just the way life goes dude, deal with it.

For example, my wife is waaaaaaay to pretty for me and I'm not the type of guy that women like that normally go for but she was deep enough of a person to give me a chance and what she found was her husband. That's something she would have otherwise missed out on. Not that I'm ugly or anything, I'm just not the coolest guy in the room all the women compete over. I think that's what this dude is bitter about. He tried to be so good to her and she never gave him a chance. But she did what most people do, Keep taking until the person giving puts an end to it. it's his fault. Whatever that means because she truthfully had no obligation to do anything with him.

In closing, men would benefit on taking constructive criticism away from ignorant blanket statements such as " men are dogs". Conversely, women would do well to do the same instead of just dismissing them out of hand. Rarely is anything ever 100% false. There are threads of truth in even the biggest delusions. I'm not saying this guy is right, he clearly has issues, but he did bring up some points worthy of examination and introspection.

Just my opinion so pleae don't turn up the flame too high.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dying

Undisclosed
    They make some really good points but they go a bit too far and no one cares about their message because of the way they go about communicating it.
    58 million Americans disagree.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

England
    To be fair some people are just naturally shy about chatting people up & no amount of pep talks & "man up" lectures will do much about that!Im shy at times & im not particularly the "alpha male" type, however ive had several gorgeous girlfriends,slept around a bit & snogged (lol teenage word) literally hundreds of girls,a lot of whom have been lookers, over my countless nights out over the past 10 years!That possibly comes down to the fact im not bad looking & work out a lot,but on the inside im quite an anxious person & have come off badly from a couple of my past serious relationships which makes me apprehensive about getting into another one,plus im shit at making conversation with strangers,i prefer meeting girls through friends as its a bit more of a relaxed situation!
    I am working on a rather hot girl from York who i met through friends at the moment though,and that seems to be coming on ok

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I am working on a rather hot girl from York...
    Sounds like the beginning of a good limerick. Work on it some more with this girl and get back to us when the limerick has an appropriate ending

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post

Again, not necessarily true. I'm a total coward when it comes to making a move- I'd rather pass a chance up than risk making an ass of myself- but I did eventually throw myself at Liam when he seemed to totally fail to respond to my oh-so-subtle flirting. Luckily it worked out
    I hear you, Chic Freak. Yeah, I shouldn't have worded it in such absolute terms, since it doesn't apply to each and every situation.

No one really wants to be rejected, and putting it out there always holds some risk of that. All I can say is, Liam is one lucky dude that you thought enough about him to risk making an ass of yourself and made the first move!!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    58 million Americans disagree.
    Well that is far from no one, ya got me there.

However, that is still a vast minority of the voting public. I believe it's called a base and it is very unlikely that they'll ever abandon the reps. But if they ever want to be in power again they are going to have to change their message so that they appeal to a wider range of people, atleast enough to get them an elected majority. Right now they sound like a bunch of wingnuts.

"OOOOHHH, I hope Obama fails". Pathetic.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    My problem was never so much not having the confidence to make a move, just that I was utterly hopeless at knowing when someone fancied me. A girl could have been grinding up against me and I'd just think she was itching herself.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    My problem was never so much not having the confidence to make a move, just that I was utterly hopeless at knowing when someone fancied me. A girl could have been grinding up against me and I'd just think she was itching herself.
    I hear dat!!!

My mate is flabbergasted when he sees it, even when he explains what happened I'm still like WTF!!.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Sounds like the beginning of a good limerick. Work on it some more with this girl and get back to us when the limerick has an appropriate ending
    I am working on a rather hot girl from York...
    "Because I'd like to give her my pork..."

Next line?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    "Because I'd like to give her my pork..."

Next line?

"and when I do plug her,
    I'll be wearing two rubbers,
    to protect me if one of them broke."

ok, lame and juvenile, but the best I could do.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ^^^^

How about:

" So i Can plug her bottle with my cork"?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    ^^^^

How about:

" So i Can plug her bottle with my cork"?

Dude, that made me laugh and spray coffee on my keyboard, damnit!

United States
    Sorry, chic. Have been out of town and just got around to reading.
    I have to say that when I was single I was for the most part pretty clueless about knowing when a guy was interested in more than a platonic way, so nothing happened to further the relationship and the guy either drifted away or just remained a friend. In my defense, the guys didn't overtly come out with 'Hey, let's go out just the two of us and get to know each other better,' or anything to give me a hint of wanting more of a relationship, so how was I to know?
    Men confuse women, and women confuse men. Always will. Some are cruel to others in rejection, and some aren't. It just seems that the former are remembered more and hung onto, turning into bitterness.
    There are plenty of nice guys, and nice girls. You just have to wade through a crapload of ones that aren't to get to them. Just seems like too many give up halfway through and it's easier for them to say there are none left.
    (If this rambled, I have a fever but wanted to post so chic wasn't alone. )

England
    One thing i have noticed in modern relationships through my own experience & the experiences of friends,is that a lot of women will end a decent relationship with a decent enough bloke for very little reason these days,a real or imagined hiccup in the relationship & they break things off when they could have just worked through it!i blame these gossip magazines & films starring jennifer aniston for creating unrealistic expectations when it comes to love & how things should be as a couple!