Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "What happened to all the nice guys?"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    ^^^^

How about:

" So i Can plug her bottle with my cork"?

id say that sounds dirtier and funnier in a west country accent, but anything is funnier with a west country accent fig 1. "o'iyd put butter on tha' bread!"

say it out loud in a yorkshire accent, see?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    id say that sounds dirtier and funnier in a west country accent, but anything is funnier with a west country accent fig 1. "o'iyd put butter on tha' bread!"

say it out loud in a yorkshire accent, see?
    Indeed, it sounds like a line from a Wurzels song, a la "I'll drove my tracter through your 'edge"

Dying

Undisclosed
    However, that is still a vast minority of the voting public.
    I gotta call you on that one too. Mc Cain pulled down 46% of the popular vote (about 8 1/2 million votes less than Obama). However, I do agree that the Republicans need to change their approach if they want to win again, but not by trying to appeal to a wider audience (that just upset their base in the last election). If anything, they'll become more polarized and push even farther to the right.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Dude, that made me laugh and spray coffee on my keyboard, damnit!

And that was freestyle, at work, straight from the top of the dome yo! Just picture if i had time to prepare something. lol

Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    I gotta call you on that one too. Mc Cain pulled down 46% of the popular vote (about 8 1/2 million votes less than Obama). However, I do agree that the Republicans need to change their approach if they want to win again, but not by trying to appeal to a wider audience (that just upset their base in the last election). If anything, they'll become more polarized and push even farther to the right.

Ah, if only the popular vote mattered. But the case remains that Obama won in a landslide construed as a clear public mandate. But see what we're doing? We're debating bullshit while there are dire problems out there that need fixing. Just like our politicians.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hmm... maybe that's human nature. Sometimes all we think about are our own ideals and concerns, without looking at the future or the world as a whole. We wrap ourselves in this grand illusion of utopia while ignoring the problems right in front of us that we could in fact be solving. - Noodle
    What? - Murdoc
    She has a point... we need to just step back and evaluate our position in life more often, and this goes for almost everyone. - Myself

Dying

Undisclosed
    Ah, if only the popular vote mattered. But the case remains that Obama won in a landslide construed as a clear public mandate. But see what we're doing? We're debating bullshit while there are dire problems out there that need fixing. Just like our politicians.
    The popular vote didn't matter as to who was elected, but that wasn't the topic. Your claim that no one is listening to the Republicans was the topic, and I believe that it has been addressed. As to fixing the problems, I'm all for it.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    One thing i have noticed in modern relationships through my own experience & the experiences of friends,is that a lot of women will end a decent relationship with a decent enough bloke for very little reason these days,a real or imagined hiccup in the relationship & they break things off when they could have just worked through it!i blame these gossip magazines & films starring jennifer aniston for creating unrealistic expectations when it comes to love & how things should be as a couple!
    I think too many people expect too much, or have no idea what they want, or are just plain retarded in the way they go about relationships.

And girls who go after blokes who are blatantly complete wankers are absolutely stupid for going after them, in my view.

Personally, I've got no idea about signals and all that wank, I'm completely clueless and have apparently missed out a couple of times as a result (so I've been told, down the grapevine so-to-speak, often years after the fact, lol - really helpful, right? ).

Blokes can be nob'eds in relationships too though, and I can't be doing with people (stereotypically blokes) who cheat on their partner and sleep around, I can't be doing with it.

I'm of the opinion of I can't be arsed looking, and quite enjoy the complete lack of effort involved in being a bachelor, and figure that "the one" will turn up when you're not looking, nor expecting it - kinda like fate - so why bother trying and going through a bunch of bullshit beforehand?

And so sayeth the philosophy of MZ...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Mar-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Canada
    Hi, I'm 20 years old, I work in a grocery store, I help support my mom, I have bad eyes, bad back, bad knee, i don't have a full high school education, but what classes I did goto i got through usually with a 70-80%, I like the Barenaked Ladies, Vidya Gaems, internet, I work nights, and I have no social life. I'm average looking, got a beard, I'm Canadian, my favorite food is cheese omlets with bacon mixed in, all put on toasted garlic bread. I have brown hair, greyish blue eyes, hair on the chest, and a manly smell.

My favorite toilet paper brand is charmaine, my favorite spice is roasted steak sauce, cheese makes anything better. I once ate 17 slices of processed cheese all crushed together like a hamburger, I only put mustard on my burgers, I have a tendency to randomly start singing, I have 3 cats who i WUV SOO DAMN MUCH ^_^, and I clean around the apartment.

There is a grey lamp on my desk, I broke my mouse yesterday, my paystubs are indeed stubby, and my favorite door shape is the rectangle. I take pictures of everyone i meet, and grade them by how many ingrown hairs they have on their face, or how bushy their eye brows are. My favorite color is puke, and my favorite font is times new roman.

I apologize if anyone got hot reading that, lord knows I did.

bets are on, starting at 33 tenths of a half cent.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Wasted effort. Old story. The guy who isn't getting laid blames the woman for being too picky or in some way manipulative for no other reason then to play with somebody's mind and heart.

It's never as simple as taking a shower on occasion or treating someone like a human being, how could it be?

This is an arguement as old as time and as useless as dust.

M_
    Firstly, everyone is both right and wrong ( how messed up is that? )
    There is no clear hormonal and social strategy across the board How to Pick Up Hot Chicks( or Guys, for the zombie ladies. ) for hooking up, sometimes it just happens.
    Mostly it's learning to be comfortable in your own skin and putting out something of interest for prospective partners. Guys might try just passively listening to what women are talking about( don't be a creep, please. ) it might surprise you.
    Be a good guy for the sake of being a good guy, not that you don't want some but honestly it is pretty transparent and more than alittle freaksome to the ladies. If you have a girl who insists you two are just friends, then get feedback on how to make the hookup with some other girl you might be attracted to ( that's what friends are for, after all, truth? ). At the worst you'll find out just how serious she's not and you can just move on. At the best, she might get nervous that you're actually paying attention to other women and it'll motivate her.
    But friendships are give and take, to various degrees, and if you're not getting something worthwhile back. walk. If you walk, however, don't make her an enemy, keep it cool.
    By the way, this is also for the nice girls as well.

Peace out, all.

Wayne Z

"Obsession is standing outside of a married man's apartment at four in the morning with a machette in one hand and a jar of Vicks Vapo Rub in the other. Now you go home and tell your daddy that, and tell him to call me. "

Brett Butler( damn funny woman. )

United States
    Whatever problems this guy suffers from it's nothing that a year of dating college girls and heavy drinking won't fix. Bonus karma points awarded if you learn to play guitar (no video games the real kind) and join a band.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Whatever problems this guy suffers from it's nothing that a year of dating college girls and heavy drinking won't fix. Bonus karma points awarded if you learn to play guitar (no video games the real kind) and join a band.

That's the truest thing I've heard today. lol

Nothing getting laid won't fix.

It's like a poor dude who hates rich people. Give him some wealth and all will be well with the world again...

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    There are plenty of nice guys, and nice girls. You just have to wade through a crapload of ones that aren't to get to them. Just seems like too many give up halfway through and it's easier for them to say there are none left.
    (If this rambled, I have a fever but wanted to post so chic wasn't alone. )
    Aw! Go back to bed sweetie xxx You're right though. Wading through the crap ones helps you really appreciate the good ones

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    One thing i have noticed in modern relationships through my own experience & the experiences of friends,is that a lot of women will end a decent relationship with a decent enough bloke for very little reason these days,a real or imagined hiccup in the relationship & they break things off when they could have just worked through it!i blame these gossip magazines & films starring jennifer aniston for creating unrealistic expectations when it comes to love & how things should be as a couple!
    I think that's only a small part of it- mostly it's just young people who aren't interested in settling down yet, and if their feelings for their partner are only lukewarm to boot, then it only takes a couple of minor squabbles for the relationship not to be worth the effort of maintaining anymore, even if the bloke is a perfectly nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm of the opinion of I can't be arsed looking, and quite enjoy the complete lack of effort involved in being a bachelor, and figure that "the one" will turn up when you're not looking, nor expecting it - kinda like fate - so why bother trying and going through a bunch of bullshit beforehand?
    So you get bf practice and are thus totally ready for a smooth relationship when the one turns up
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I think that's only a small part of it- mostly it's just young people who aren't interested in settling down yet, and if their feelings for their partner are only lukewarm to boot, then it only takes a couple of minor squabbles for the relationship not to be worth the effort of maintaining anymore, even if the bloke is a perfectly nice person.
    Yeah thats true,im not interested in all that settling down into domestic drudgery,i still want to travel the world,live the party lifestyle like i have the past 10 years & keep on doing my action sports like paintball,surfing etc.I see people the same age as me who settled down early & they've missed out on so many of the things ive done & am still doing,and even though they claim to be happy they dont look it!
    That said i'd like a steady girlfriend,but she'd have to be able to keep up/put up with me & my free spirit ways (and the fact i dont want kids,bit of a biggie that one)

Super Moderator

UK
    So you get bf practice and are thus totally ready for a smooth relationship when the one turns up
    lol, aye true enough ... but "the one" wouldn't mind a completely inept bachelor - if Top Gear's James May can get a lady and keep her (he once bought her a train set for her birthday, and they live in different houses ), then anyone can, regardless of experience level.

But equally - surely it just shows some kind of really cute lifestyle choice, like - "if she wasn't you, why bother?" or something "romantic" like that.

Plus, don't you women like to "mend" your chaps?

Hooray for lack of effort!

As a dude, I'm untamed ... like a wild river, or some shit like that.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Plus, don't you women like to "mend" your chaps?

i think thats a sticking point with me & ladies,i wont be changed!im not an arse about it,but im my own bloke & always will be!