Thread: interesting factoids about wooley...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

interesting factoids about wooley...

or i should say, the man who played wooley, james baffico. turns out ol'wooley has an M.A from the univ of nebraska and a Ph.D. from the univ of michigan. he is mostly a soap opera director when not acting and has won (along with the rest of the directing team) 2 daytime emmys and been nominated for 6 others.

funny that someone who has played mostly boorish louts is actually an egghead and a soap opera director to boot.

if anyone knows this info to be in error, please offer a correction. i am getting this from wikipedia and IMDB, both decent sources if things are referenced properly but sometimes...
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Tom Savini comment from UK Dawn DVD:

"There's Jim Baffico. He's a director, directs soap operas on television and he teaches drama at..."

He was about to say where but then he gets distracted by a headshot.

United States
    That is talent! Romero made a mistake when he stopped casting actors like Jim Baffico in his films. That's what made his work so appealing -- real people in unreal situations.

ps -- don't include Patricia Tallman in reference to my above comment.

(God knew what He was doing when He made this one.)

Undisclosed
    Wow, you'd never think that looking at him.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    ps -- don't include Patricia Tallman in reference to my above comment.
    She's starring in an up-coming zombie film, alongside Bill Mosley!

EDIT: I also just found out she's a stunt person. Cool.
    Last edited by MikePizzoff; 09-Mar-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooley View Post
    Wow, you'd never think that looking at him.

Well I guess that's a tribute to the guys acting ability. And who knows? Maybe he is like that in real life and maybe he's not. I guess we'll never know.

On a side note:

i've always said that some of the best acting performances are turned in by those that you just can't stand in a film. they impacted us that much that we kinda hate them. And when you see them in another movie you still hate them based on the previous performance they turned in even though the character could be a complete 180 from the one you grew to hate. ( if that makes sense, lol)
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Very cool facts, and I collect useless ones as a hobby. I never would have known by looking either, he played his part so well, he was so easily hated and seen as a barbarian.

Thanks for the info!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    She's starring in an up-coming zombie film, alongside Bill Mosley!
    http://www.deadair-movie.com/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    All very cool details, Scip. Thanks for the share!

Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post

(God knew what He was doing when He made this one.)
    And, Yum!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That woman is always the highlight of the film for me. I think her performance is still underated.

i think a good poll question should be:

Which look do you like best on Patricia tallman.

A) Long Hair
    B) Short hair
    C) Who gives shit as long as we can see her nipples !!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"