Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give President Barry an honest grade ...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Or, perhaps, he is simply "overwhelmed".

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.c...M3YWQwNDFlYzY=

Take a Xanax and chill out, Barry. You knew what you were getting into, didn't you?

At least you pretended you did during the campaign.

I guess you can always sit back and "blame Bush".

-stray-
    but shouldn't we "blame bush"? i mean, he is the one who got us into the clusterfuck we are in today isn't he?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    but shouldn't we "blame bush"? i mean, he is the one who got us into the clusterfuck we are in today isn't he?
    Bush, all by himself?

-stray-

ps -- incidentally, if I were asked to grade Bush, he'd get a "D" also.

Undisclosed
    i dont know how anyone could disagree. why not take advantage of scientific advances that could help millions of people and save lives?
    Because some people mix religion and politics.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Are you saying political decisions should be free of convictions and morals? For some people their religion acts or helps act as their moral compass.

I think the problem lies in ignorance and the bullypulpit spreading thereof, but even still--some people will just not agree on the matter in the here and now. Hopefully enough people will support the work and it's dividends once it gets up to steam so that the option can't be locked away by an overweening politico again.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Let's be clear, there was no ban on stem cell research. There was a policy against using federal funding to conduct embryonic stem cell reseach, and only where the embryo is destroyed. This only equates to a ban for statists, who believe that nothing can happen unless the government directs it. The policy meant that those who opposed destruction of embryos would not be forced to pay for it with their tax dollars, while those who supported such research could fund it to their hearts' content if they so chose. Moreover, so far only adult stem cells and cord blood stem cells -- not embryonic stem cells -- have been shown to have any therapeutic effect, and research into those treatments was not affected in any way by the policy Obama lifted.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    and im sure those assholes will be first in line if they ever came down with a disease that can eventually be cured thanks to stem cell research.

United States
    I belive it was the democrats that forced banks to give loans to minority and low income people who couldn't realistically afford to repay the mortgage.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    I belive it was the democrats that forced banks to give loans to minority and low income people who couldn't realistically afford to repay the mortgage.
    The banks weren't exactly forced, and Bush and some Republicans share part of the blame (they thought opening home ownership to more minorities would lead to them becoming Republican) but you've identified a major issue. Private lenders sell most of the mortgage loans they make to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, giant Frankenstein-like government-created corporations. The government induced Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to loosen their underwriting guidelines, and those looser guidelines became the basis for loans made by most private lenders, because all they care about is whether they'll be able to sell their loans TO Fannie/Freddie. At which point it's not the original lender's problem if the borrower defaults.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Lord Howe Island
    I give him an honest F due to his Left Wing crap he is pulling.

Now when Ele crashes into the eastern seaboard, he won't have far to fall...

War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

United States
    he gets big props from me on lifting the ban on stem cell research. thats great.
    But did he really lift the "ban"?

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=44943

Is Barry confused, or what? Is he on drugs? Or does he just blindly sign whatever crosses his desk?

I'm going to have to downgrade the "D" I gave him to a "G".

-stray-

ps -- what's up with Barry's hair? It gets grayer by the day. It's like he's seen the ghost of Abe Lincoln walking the halls of the White House.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Uh....how about, a person with a job as important as the President's needs to focus on more than one thing at the same time.
    like appearing on ESPN to fill out NCAA tournament picks, stopping by the tonight show with jay leno, and trying to cut funding to care for wounded veterans?

i'd change my vote to F if i could. not sure if the poll is still running, or if it only allows one vote per IP address or something. but somehow the celebrity in chief has 58% of respondents giving him an A as of right now...but it is an msnbc poll, so go figure.