Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HPotD - Short Zombie Film Contest - OFFICIAL THREAD

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I'd like to volunteer to help anyone who needs...urrrm...anything. Like, an extra body. I mean, since this is an HPOTD thing, it rather sparked my interest to volunteer. I know it's unlikely, but I thought I'd offer. So any help needed of the untalented variety, you just let me know.

Wish I had more to offer, but...you know how it is when you have no readily discernible talent.
    Ditto, if anyone's shooting in London. I've always wanted to be a dead body in a movie, re-animated or not
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Absolutely ditto. I helped drum up interest in this contest because I thought I'd be able to enter, but fate conspired against me and I'm totally skint. I will, however, happily offer whatever assistance I possibly can within the greater Glasgow area (although I think there's only one or two people from around here on the boards).

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Ditto, if anyone's shooting in London. I've always wanted to be a dead body in a movie, re-animated or not
    You should do a film with Liam, he's got a camera hasn't he?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You should do a film with Liam, he's got a camera hasn't he?
    Yeah, he's doing a degree in Film & TV atm @ University of East London. I think he's up to his eyeballs in shoots for that though! Plus he already made a couple of zombie films when he was at college so I don't know if he'd be up for making another one.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Undisclosed
    Just started posting for actors/actresses.. working on getting some fundraisers to pay for them and for makeup/prosthetics.

This one girl already responded to the ad... she was 16. According to my buddy if you're not old enough to watch the film, you probably shouldn't be acting in it!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by xxMikeyDubzxx View Post
    Just started posting for actors/actresses.. working on getting some fundraisers to pay for them and for makeup/prosthetics.

This one girl already responded to the ad... she was 16. According to my buddy if you're not old enough to watch the film, you probably shouldn't be acting in it!
    Depends upon what sort of scene she in I would suspect.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Depends upon what sort of scene she in I would suspect.
    You'd have to get permission from her parents though I'd think.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anyone under 18 needs parental consent to be in any type of film, TV spot, commercial show, etc. It just covers your ass. Better safe than sorry.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Oh yeah, without a doubt we'd have her sign a release. The things that our two actresses will be doing are um... yeah... Illegal in most countries, for someone who is of age? :-D

We still can't think of a name for this short... is there somewhere I could post the script to solicit ideas for the name of it? (obviously this would spoil the plot for whoever reads it)

Administrator

England
    is there somewhere I could post the script to solicit ideas for the name of it? (obviously this would spoil the plot for whoever reads it)
    The fiction section? http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi/forum/forum.pl
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    OK, i will start a thread for this soon... If this isn't cool as some people might be judging this at some point, I guess mods will just close the thread? I'll alert the readers that reading it will obviously spoil the plot.

Undisclosed
    The rules state we need a 'redband warning'. How long should this be, and is it considered part of the total length of our piece?

Undisclosed
    The rules state we need a 'redband warning'. How long should this be, and is it considered part of the total length of our piece?
    Four seconds is a good amount of time, generally all trailers with the RED or GREEN band sign only last for a max of about five seconds.

----

Finally started work on a zombie short for this contest, it's been fun, it's been a Night '07 reunion of sorts, we have a lot of the original crew back to shoot this short. It's sort of our sequel/follow up to Night.

How is everybody doing with their shorts? Any cool BTS pics to post, or fun stories?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    4 seconds is more than enough, most people will know when they seen the red band it is a warning, so 3-4 is good enough.

Basically if your film contains gore, language or nudity you want this, but if your film contains none of that, no warning band is needed.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm editing my film right now. It will not land under 10 minutes, so I won't contend with it. It'll probably land around 14-15 min.