Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HPotD - Short Zombie Film Contest - OFFICIAL THREAD

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm editing my film right now. It will not land under 10 minutes, so I won't contend with it. It'll probably land around 14-15 min.
    All the best for the film, I'll be interested to see it when it's done - once it's posted online, let me know the necessary info about it and I can update the HPOTD member's films list (sticked in the Filmmakers Forum).

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just a heads up everyone, a little over one month to go before films are due. So good luck to everyone and I personally can't wait to see the entries.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Getting down to the final 2 weeks soon. So just a heads up to everyone.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

United States
    Any inclination as to the size of the 'field' of contestants?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No Idea... No one has emailed or PM'd anyone yet with their films.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Deadline is coming up in 14 days guys. Haven't received any word or notifications about films for contest.

Gary
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Deadline is coming up in 14 days guys. Haven't received any word or notifications about films for contest.

Gary
    Be shame if nothing comes of all this! Gary's put forward a great prize and, besides that, it's a great excuse to actually make something...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well if nothing does come of it, maybe we'll try again in the fall. Sometimes people just aren't motivated, but I am eager to get them motivated.

We could do like a theme, American Idol, or Britians Got Talent style. Call it Zombie Idol, or something, I dunno. Anyway, if this ones a bust we'll just do it again around September/October.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    The short I was making for this contest slowly developed into a feature, sorry DJ... you should turn this into a feature contest

Undisclosed
    I might have something made up in time, if so then I'll let you know

Undisclosed
    Damn, I really wanted to do something for the contest, but my idea also quickly developed into a feature film that I'm going to spend the next 2 months on pre-pro, shoot some footage for a trailer in August, then try to get After Dark to pick it up for Horrorfest next year... or get investors to make it myself.

Not that I've had any time to shoot it right now anyway. Good luck to those who do submit... hopefully they'll come out of the woodwork!

Administrator

England
    Well if nothing does come of it, maybe we'll try again in the fall. Sometimes people just aren't motivated, but I am eager to get them motivated.

We could do like a theme, American Idol, or Britians Got Talent style. Call it Zombie Idol, or something, I dunno. Anyway, if this ones a bust we'll just do it again around September/October.
    Christ! At this rate my two second zombie short could be the winner

DJ! Thanks for the idea and thanks for the patience! It's definately worth another go! Hell I may even make a three second epic
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    5 days left... and nothing.

Tis a shame.

And Josh, if you have a zombie film lined up... we need to talk.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    5 days left... and nothing.

Tis a shame.
    Well DJ, to be fair here, I think the biggest problem is that the overall prize wasn't enticing enough. If you're on this board then chances are highly likely that you already own the entire living dead series. And aside from having overall better quality and some little nooks and crannies, the BLU-RAY versions of Romero's movies are really no different then your standard editions. Not only that, but I think it's fair to assume that not everyone owns a Blu Ray player. Next time around, if you're up for it, you should post this idea on some of the other related horror and zombie forums you're apart of (perhaps you did this already, I'm not sure).

Frankly the draw of most online short films contests are the promise of money, distribution, being on a DVD, meeting a film maker etc.

Now, this is not a put down in any way of your original intentions. I appreciate (as I'm sure others do) your willingness to want to get other people to get off their ass and make a movie. But more than a few of us on this board already have a hefty amount of shorts and such kicking under our belts. Regardless it would have been neat to see what some people could have come up with.

However, kudos to you though, you prompted a couple of us to just go forward and make a feature. Of which I'm sure will grant you a "Special Thanks" in the credits. So this initial concept of yours did succeed in some form or fashion. Thank you for planting the seed and continuing your support of independent cinema.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I'm entering!!@! It'll be done by the morning of the 16th!!! Don't cancel it please

Edit: I hope, my editing software is acting fishy.... Some of the clips keep turning black...
    Last edited by Captain_Amazing; 15-Jun-2009 at 04:47 AM.