Thread: Interesting coming soon art

United States

Interesting coming soon art

Sorry if this has been posted before, but check out the upcoming production graphic on Richard Rubinstein's website...

http://www.newamsterdamnyc.com/development.2.htm

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    From the downloadable PDF on Dawn 3D:

Rubinstein also has plans to create a direct sequel to the original DAWN (!) and will be
    producing a new screen adaptation of Frank Herbert’s DUNE

Fecking hell.
    Enough Already.

I don't even want to see this 3D version - although i'll probably buy it, a player and the 3D TV when they come out.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

ViP

United States
    I'm a 3-D fiend so this is right up my alley. I hope that the 3-D is "perfect".

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Rubinstein also has plans to create a direct sequel to the original DAWN (!) and will be producing a new screen adaptation of Frank Herbert’s DUNE.
    The Dune thing was a bit of an eye-opener for me 'cos it's like how many times can a boring sci-fi novel be remade. As for the Dawn sequel, Rubers has lost the plot.

I'm bang up for this 3D version though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What filmmakers don't seem to get about Dune is it is a perfect example of a book that cannot be transmitted to screen. Not because of it's depth, but because of it's sheer length. The film would have to be 6 hours long!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Did anyone catch Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D or know anything about this In-Three company?

They've got the approval from James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Robert Rodriguez, and Robert Zemeckis. So that's a good start, I would think.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this 3D thing(reminds me of the "colorized" NOTLD), but i'm definitely not behind the sequel. I just don't see how it could work out...

United States
    Looks very interesting, posted just needed one minor change...

Last edited by Thorn; 17-Mar-2009 at 04:43 PM.

capncnut
    Haha. Nice one, Thorn.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    reminds me of the "colorized" NOTLD :stunned
    I got those jitters too...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    What filmmakers don't seem to get about Dune is it is a perfect example of a book that cannot be transmitted to screen. Not because of it's depth, but because of it's sheer length. The film would have to be 6 hours long!
    You're damn right!

But, being a fan of Frank Herbert's novel, I wouldn't mind sitting through a 6 hour epic version, provided that they were true to the book. I'd have to take a catheter with me, and slap on several nicotine patches though.

Regarding the 3D version, I would have to see it (not only out of curiosity for the 3d angle, but also just to see DOTD on a big screen) though it pains me to put any more money in Rubenstein's pocket.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 17-Mar-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Yeah, there's been some buzz online about the 3-D versions and sequels for a year or two now. I think we'll see the the 3-D Dawn around Halloween this year.

I'm not sure the Dawn sequel will come to much though. They're probably basing the announcement on the assumption that Dawn 3-D will be a big enough success to raise public awareness of the original film. Even if that's the case, I think a Dawn of the Dead 2 would be a very confusing property to promote to the general (non-geek) public: they might think it was a sequel to Dawn 04 and may not even be aware there was an earlier film. I see them churning out a straight-to-video dog that either "re-imagines" (i.e. rapes) the characters of Fran and Peter, or is a cynical in-name-only Contagium-style fan-trap.

Don't get me wrong. I desperately want it to be good, but I gotta be honest: I smell another NotLD 30.

United States
    B][/B]I dunno...why try to what "IMPROVE"? Dawn w/3D? No improvement necessary!!!
    A sequel? I dunno about that either. For a long time I wanted to see GAR go on with the story but, I dunno maybe they can make it work, I am always hopeful in these situations. Keyword: HOPEFUL!!
    Fingers crossed just maybe a good movie but again I dunno!!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Keyword: HOPEFUL!!
    Maybe that should be the title of this website. LOL!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Too bad that stuff's all nearly a year old and there's been no word since. Who knows if they're still actually doing anything with it.