Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huh? OK prints Jade tribute before her death

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I'd heard "musical" yesterday - fuck sake.

But now adding in YET ANOTHER "tv talent show" - SOD RIGHT OFF!!!

It's incredibly lazy programming, plus it's tacky, plus who on earth wants to watch a musical that'll feature such musical 'treats' as the 'Am I Minging?' opera, the 'She Gave PJ a BJ' acapella, and the musical-styles-fusion vibe of 'East Angular Is Abroad Innit?' ... ... geeeeeeeezus.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Her mum is also just releasing a book of Jade's life or some such shit.

It's times like these I wish she was dead....oh wait...she was a fucking waste of space on the ground and now she's a fucking waste of space underneath it.

I know, it's harsh....I'm sorry.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Fresh Meat

Scotland
    Thanks guys for restoring my faith in common sense!
    I started to think I was being an evil bastard mocking this media circus.
    Most people I know bemoaning the fact that she's got cancer.
    Well, I've known a few people that deserved a minute of the exposure that the misery of cancer can cause, my father included, and I'll guess a few on here can relate too.
    I'd rather be skinned alive then rolled around in salt than read/watch/hear anymore about this dillution of the gene pool.
    No SymphonicX, not harsh at all.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidalsteve View Post
    Well, I've known a few people that deserved a minute of the exposure that the misery of cancer can cause, my father included, and I'll guess a few on here can relate too.
    Yeah, I've lost a few close to me from cancer over the years, but in this case I actually felt sorry for the cancer that had to live in Jade Goody's body.

Isn't it bad enough that we had the TV programmes, funeral coverage and news reports shoved down our throats? Now we got to suffer a shitty musical and yet another reality show. Seriously, I'm beginning to wish the c**t was alive now because maybe the she wouldn't be in the media gaze as much.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidalsteve View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

I was going to say millions of people die every year from Cancer and where is their tribute magazine and what makes her so special, ok so she played on a reality TV show, exposed herself to the public, who really cares. I am sorry she passed on, and I feel bad for the kids she left behind, but I just don't understand why the media is making such a big thing out of it...They have tribute pages on Facebook, which I think is getting out of hand...

Super Moderator

United States
    Sir Michael Parkinson wrote that Goody had become property of the media "to be manipulated and exploited till the day she died". He claimed she represented "all that is paltry and wretched about Britain".
    *Shrug* I only know about this woman thanks to you guys.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I only know about this woman thanks to you guys.
    Yeah, me too. Thanks for nothing, "you guys"!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Yeah, me too. Thanks for nothing, "you guys"!

^what Dub said!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    ^what Dub said!
    What Dub and Debbie and Aces said- ditto for me. Never heard of this woman, don't care, though I am truly sorry for anyone who gets cancer. But this woman just sounds like another flavor-of-the-month psuedo-celebrity. Remember, there was once a time when everyone seemed to care about Farrah Fawcet too, and I venture to guess that this woman will fade from the public eye as soon as everyone get's tired of her, which - given the fickle nature of the media-obessed public - should not be to long in coming.

But stateside, we have the same sort of stupid media and stupid people that worship the ground that the Kardashians and Taylor Hicks walk on, so I can totally relate.

And in this vein, let me say that PEOPLE and US magazine are not fit to wipe your ass with.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 26-Apr-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United Kingdom
    Jade Goody, Plegh!

This has been bone of contention in our house hold. She was a waste of a sperm and an egg cell, and did nothing to better her life or the life of others.
    Now, don't get me wrong, I would never want anybody to get Cancer, unless they were a kiddie fiddling monster, or, genocide maniac (as mentioned in one of the post's above).
    We have a family member who has been diagnosed with the same cancer that Jade suffered from, the family member in question has raised 4 children by her self, has worked every day of her life, her kids are well spoken and very polite, she didn't have a good education but she went out of her way to better her knowledge of everything around her and is something of a role model for the youngsters in our family. Will she receive any glorification? would she get on the front page of every newspaper? Nope, dose she deserve it? In my eyes, yes, she offered allot more not just to her family but to society in general.
    The one good thing to come out of this pointless media frenzy is that there is a little more awareness of the cancers that affect females and it may have made a few people go and get tested were as previously they wouldn't out of fear. But sadly, that's the only good thing to come out of it.

As for the magazine doing the 'Jade Goody Tribute' before she passed away, she probably sold the rights to that mag first just to squeeze in a couple more £££'s before she popped her clog's
    "Zombie Birth"

"And you think your Mother had it bad"
    First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

United States
    Why is Jade and Patrick Swazye held up as so courageous with their cancer? What they hell are they doing differently that makes them so much more courageous than any other cancer patient fighting to stay alive?

My grandfather and my uncle both passed away from cancer. Not that I expected US magazine to take notice of my relatives and call them courageous, mind you, but how are their lives any less important than these actors and fools?

Why the hell should I give a damn about Swazye or Jade? Do they fart Pierre Cardin, or produce diamonds from their colons?

I mean no disrespect to both Swazye and Jade, and think it is terrible that they are suffering from a terminal disease, but to make them out to be heroes of some sort really pisses me off.

That Marine who took a dive on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers- he was a hero. Those firefighters who walked into the Twin Towers to save lives and died when the building fell - they were courageous. To use the same terms to describe Jade and Swazey seems to be disrepectful these truly courageous heroes, and to all normal, non-celeb types who have suffered and died from cancer.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 28-Apr-2009 at 11:49 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

capncnut
    You know what I find funny? The way Jade suddenly became a christian and started doing the charity thing. Like "I'm gonna meet God soon so I better start being good."

And these people think that going to the gym and eating healthily is somehow going to reverse the cancer. At least ol' Swayze's still schmokin'.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Why is Jade and Patrick Swazye held up as so courageous with their cancer? What they hell are they doing differently that makes them so much more courageous than any other cancer patient fighting to stay alive?
    Didn’t you know, being loaded with money, having all the material comforts, having the best doctors, access to the latest treatments and being in the media eye makes your fight for life much much harder than that of the average lower class insignificant runt…….

I know what Jade went through was awful, and what Mr Swayze is going through is awful, and yes, it must be tough on there family’s and friend etc, but they had/have it a dam site easier than the cancer victim who cant afford even the basic treatment.

The press call them hero’s……. Call me old fashioned, but don’t hero’s fly through the air, swing from webs, or shoot lasers from their eyes? Oh wait, that’s SUPERhero’s. Silly me, super powers would have saved these people from cancer.
    But even a hero has more to offer the world than any celebrity. The person who spends there life disarming landmines in populated areas is a hero, the fire-fighter who runs into a burning building disregarding there own safety for another human is a hero, people giving up there own comfort and security to make life better for others are hero’s. Being a gobshite ain’t being a hero, and neither is dirty dancing.
    "Zombie Birth"

First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    At least ol' Swayze's still schmokin'.

I thought he'd be taller.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I thought he'd be taller.
    It’s amazing what the silver screen can do for your physical stature
    "Zombie Birth"