Super Moderator

Germany

Zombie Games

A cute, fluff article about all the zombie games available now:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29744382

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cool article.

Something that I didn't like about it is the fact that the writer makes a reference to the fact that zombies incessantly mumble about brains and that's just not true, although most people think that's the case.

What they need to due is write an article dispelling the popular myths out there about zombies.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Cool article.

Something that I didn't like about it is the fact that the writer makes a reference to the fact that zombies incessantly mumble about brains and that's just not true, although most people think that's the case.

What they need to due is write an article dispelling the popular myths out there about zombies.

Ahh! I bitch to my girlfriend about the "Brains" issue all of the time! How the fuck did that catch on!? It's only feature in 3 films! AHHH! WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT ALL ZOMBIES WANT ARE BRAINS!?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Ahh! I bitch to my girlfriend about the "Brains" issue all of the time! How the fuck did that catch on!? It's only feature in 3 films! AHHH! WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT ALL ZOMBIES WANT ARE BRAINS!?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And for that matter, how about the fact that zombies talk at all !!

Me thinks it's incumbent upon us to stop these vicious lies and set the record straight.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All of that came from The Return of the Living Dead series which was the most popular mainstream zombies film produced in the 80's. It just caught on and people ran with it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    All of that came from The Return of the Living Dead series which was the most popular mainstream zombies film produced in the 80's. It just caught on and people ran with it.

No doubt. Perception/Popular opinion is reality. I guess that's what most people want zombies to be so that's what it is. Like you said, that's 3 films out of what, hundreds?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    the fact the zombies talked in that movie changed the whole perception. So the zombie Romero gave us, were reborn by Dan O'Bannon as a media friendly monster that craved Brains.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Ironic how the worst zombie movies have actually created a misconception more widely known than anything Romero has done.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Ironic how the worst zombie movies have actually created a misconception more widely known than anything Romero has done.
    Return isn't anywhere NEAR being the worst zombie movie. There have been TONS of zombie movies that were farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr far far far worse.

United States
    cool that the article mentioned "zombies ate my neighbors". that was one of my favorite snes games as a kid.

the new call of duty map pack's zombie level is a blast, all kinds of new stuff thrown into the mix.

while it's cool to see so many zombie games out, as a fan of the romero zombie films, i can't help but be a little disappointed that we've not had a real proper zombie game. left4dead is fun, but too dawn04 mayhemish, RE5 doesn't have zombies and has lost all the tension and creepiness to the flash of explosions and chase scenes. i'd love to see a gta/fallout/dead rising epic rpg game one of these days..i still think dead rising is the best zombie game out right now.

hopefully, dead rising 2 will be giving it a run for it's money.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 22-Mar-2009 at 06:54 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Return isn't anywhere NEAR being the worst zombie movie. There have been TONS of zombie movies that were farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr far far far worse.
    I was just about to add this as well. SO SO many worse flicks have been released. ROTLD is almost universally praised!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I was just about to add this as well. SO SO many worse flicks have been released. ROTLD is almost universally praised!
    I agree. It's actually in my top 5 of zombie movies.

It's not the first time there has been ROTLD bashing around here and I always pose the same question:

Outside of the GAR films can you honestly name 5, without a doubt, better zombie films out of the hundreds out there? It's usually followed by silence.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Its still now my favorite Zombie movie. And then the Resident Evil.
    Last edited by Karner; 03-Jul-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: addition

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    This is a link to a 'Zombies Vs. Strippers' Game. Its a pretty simple game, but how many games can you be a topless stripper and punch a Zombie?
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/600839