Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mexican drug war is tearing up Texas and beyond

United States
    Or just let the private citizens protect their property. None of this, "oh, if you shoot some cartel fuck that's being chased across your back forty by some Federalis, we'll prosecute you", and "we're just here to make sure you can't buy guns to shoot at the Mexicans in your yard" bullshit. Just make it open season. If they know it's okay to exercise their rights for once, the problem will get solved in a hurry.

England
    So does this mexican thing have the potential to escalate into an Iraq style insurgency or will it be nipped in the bud before it gets to that stage?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    So does this mexican thing have the potential to escalate into an Iraq style insurgency or will it be nipped in the bud before it gets to that stage?
    It's already there. Cartel clowns are simply running across Mexico, supplied by people hiding safely south of their border, and the Mexicans can't seem to do shit about it. Getting their cops shot up, and so forth. And they can't go straight to the source without going to war with the countries these drug empires are located in.

United States
    Have to love my stumble toolbar

"if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post

-stray-

Undisclosed
    Obama is about to name a new border czar with the violence being the main priority. Read an article on the msn main page today about it and the Mexicans are making demands of the U.S. saying there would be a problem if we would ban assault weapons and stop the demand for drugs. In other words, the Mexican drug wars are our fault, not theirs.

I give Obama credit for reinstating the border czar position as its needed. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a b.s. job with no positive effect but at least Obama is doing something. Bush was horrible at border control.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappingbear View Post
    Read an article on the msn main page today about it and the Mexicans are making demands of the U.S. saying there would be a problem if we would ban assault weapons and stop the demand for drugs. In other words, the Mexican drug wars are our fault, not theirs.
    The Mexicans need to go fuck themselves. And take their leghumping borderjumper illegals back into their own country, while they're at it.

It was the stupidest idea in the world to even associate with Mexico. The U.S. should have installed a Korea-style border a hundred years ago, and leave them to hang with the other Spanish lands.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappingbear View Post
    Obama is about to name a new border czar with the violence being the main priority. Read an article on the msn main page today about it and the Mexicans are making demands of the U.S. saying there would be a problem if we would ban assault weapons and stop the demand for drugs. In other words, the Mexican drug wars are our fault, not theirs.

I give Obama credit for reinstating the border czar position as its needed. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a b.s. job with no positive effect but at least Obama is doing something. Bush was horrible at border control.

Isnt it always the case that those in these kind of jobs fall into either corruption or intimidation from the cartels though?whoever gets the job needs to stay above all that!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Isnt it always the case that those in these kind of jobs fall into either corruption or intimidation from the cartels though?whoever gets the job needs to stay above all that!

Well, its either that or death. There have been some amazingly brazen assassinations in Mexico of judges, mayors, police chiefs, police officers, military soldiers who were really trying to uphold the law and nail them. Not too long ago the cartels rolled into a small town in the drug corridor and basically killed the police force and shot up the town. So, you have officials joing the cartels for the money, ignoring them out of fear or getting killed if they persevere. Its pretty nasty. If I was a Mexican police chief, I'd demand rpgs, machine guns and a 5 man security detail; then I'd move my family into hiding far away.
    Last edited by Crappingbear; 15-Apr-2009 at 11:38 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post

Radness, brother!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    How mainstream is the Mexican cartel war when PARADE magazine does a story on it explaining who they are? PARADE being the weekly fluff mag tucked in newspapers. Its beyond light and for them to cover this would be funny if it werent so sad.