Thread: Meet Night of the Living Dead's Gary Streiner

Undisclosed

Meet Night of the Living Dead's Gary Streiner

Gary Streiner from the original Night of the Living Dead will make his first-ever convention appearance at the Chiller Theatre Expo in NJ on April 17-19. Gary was Latent Image's soundman and key production personnel on the classic 1968 film. He also portrayed the posse member that dumps Ben's corpse on the bonfire.

Gary currently organizes the annual Living Dead Festival in the town of Evans City, PA where the film was shot in 1967.

The 2009 spring Chiller Thteare Expo will host an unprecedented number of surviving Night of the Living Dead cast & crew including George Romero, Kyra Schon, Russell Streiner, Bill Hinzman, Judy O'Dea, John Russo, George Kosana and Chuck Craig, as well as noted Romero alumni John Amplas and Lynn Lowry. Don't miss it!

Undisclosed
    thats great news Gary will be part of the Chiller Theater event.. he has been missing from previous NOTLD reunions..Gary is a class act and proud of his days with Image 10 and involvement with NOTLD.
    Looking foward to the Chiller show next month and have already rented a Bed and Breakfast with my wife (as we did in 2007)in nearby Zelienople so we can be part of 'The Living Dead Fest' for 2009 in Evans City come Halloween.

You wont find a better area either up Butler County way, and Evans City Cemetery is a nice visit to see where it all started 40+ years ago.

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I'm going to try to attend this year. I signed up on the mailing list.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

Undisclosed
    I'll be there. I look forward to seeing Kyra--she's a pal.

Undisclosed

gary

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Gary Streiner from the original Night of the Living Dead will make his first-ever convention appearance at the Chiller Theatre Expo in NJ on April 17-19. Gary was Latent Image's soundman and key production personnel on the classic 1968 film. He also portrayed the posse member that dumps Ben's corpse on the bonfire.

Gary currently organizes the annual Living Dead Festival in the town of Evans City, PA where the film was shot in 1967.

The 2009 spring Chiller Thteare Expo will host an unprecedented number of surviving Night of the Living Dead cast & crew including George Romero, Kyra Schon, Russell Streiner, Bill Hinzman, Judy O'Dea, John Russo, George Kosana and Chuck Craig, as well as noted Romero alumni John Amplas and Lynn Lowry. Don't miss it!
    Dubious thanks for helping spread the word about my attendance at Chiller. The festival has a real chance of busting out via this venue. I look forward to meeting you all.

Undisclosed
    So who all from HPOTD is coming to Chiller? Only a few days left before the show, let's get the party started!

Gary will have a bunch of rare NOLD photos available, here are just a few examples...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Hey there DC -

I only learned of this a few weeks back. Impossible for me to attend. Please tell Kyra and Chuck that I miss em' and looking forward to seeing them again at Gary's bash. Thank's man.

Danny T.

Undisclosed
    Just a few hours away. Everyone travel safe.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Gary Streiner from the original Night of the Living Dead will make his first-ever convention appearance at the Chiller Theatre Expo in NJ on April 17-19.

Dubious,

It was great meeting you and Gary this weekend. I had a great time talking with Gary about working with Jerry Seinfeld on those old AMEX ads and "Comedian". Gary's excitement for NOTLD and the fans was refreshing to me. Thanks for getting him to come to the show!

Undisclosed
    I got in early Saturday morning and talked to Kyra for a good half hour. Anyone know why George got to his tableso late?