Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Smith a Fan of DAWN of the DEAD remake

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Pavarotti once said Rob Halford was the best vocalist in the world.

All it does is give credibility to Pavarotti's taste in music...I certainly doubt you'd find many converts to metal based on those comments.

So apply that to this thread....and the same rule applies.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    who cares if it's sarcasm - anyone who finds anything but entertainment value in that remake has completely missed the point of movies being made for artistic reasons, and obviously doesn't watch movies to get anything from them but shocks and jumps.

Making blanket statements about what people SHOULD be getting out of a film or else they are somehow not worthy to wiegh in because they obviously don't know good film when they see it is not very conducive to a healthy debate.

Our opinions are just that, our own.

I happen to love dawn 04' and I could make the same statement about land and the people who praise that film but i don't. Because although I don't like that film personally and can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would, people are entitled to their opinions and shouldn't be diminished or belittled for it.

And that is my opinion.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Hey man, if you find Dawn 04 to be a dark film noir character study then all the more power to you!!!

Seems a bit odd but there you go,
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey man, if you find Dawn 04 to be a dark film noir character study then all the more power to you!!!

Seems a bit odd but there you go,

touche'.

I wouldn't go that far but thnx.

I just think it's not the piece of shit that many here seem to think it is.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    sorry meant to put a big smilie on that!!

I'd like to add HPOTD to my global itinerary of apologies...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Zack Snyder made a PIMP remake (Pimp meaning Good)
    PIMP: 1. To exploit. 2. Having excessive embellishments or ornaments, particularly of the flashy kind.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Or for the slang definition: to pull off something extremely well.

Which is the context I'm sure he meant it in.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

BINGO

He referred to Escape From NY as a PIMP movie, and a few others, he referred to his experience on Die Hard 4 as PIMP.

I will extract the section tonight and You Tube it so everyone can make their own judgement on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Ya know....after thinking about it for a minute, I just have to ask. So what?

DJ, are you still scratching for ways to make people enjoy this film and Smith liking it may somehow help that cause?

Kevin Smith also likes food......discuss!
    Nope, just thought it was weird because I never thought in a million years Kevin Smith would like the remake. He is actually against remakes, for the most part.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 01-Apr-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Think there could have been the possibility that I was being sarcastic when asking if Smith was being sarcastic?

Nobody talks that way unless they are attempting to demonstrate how "hip" they are.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Think there could have been the possibility that I was being sarcastic when asking if Smith was being sarcastic?

Nobody talks that way unless they are attempting to demonstrate how "hip" they are.
    I don't know. A lot of people seem to use that affectation as a form of self-deprecation. I mean, look at the circles within circles of sarcasm we have going in this thread alone.

It's the time we live in, everyone wants their external monologue to shine bright in one way or another. Whether it's to impress others, themselves or what have you.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I don't know. A lot of people seem to use that affectation as a form of self-deprecation. I mean, look at the circles within circles of sarcasm we have going in this thread alone.

It's the time we live in, everyone wants their external monologue to shine bright in one way or another. Whether it's to impress others, themselves or what have you.

Beautiful...I'm weepy!

Super Moderator

United States
    Beautiful...I'm weepy!
    Applause would have sufficed

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sarcasm aside, doesn't change the fact Kevin Smith digs the DAWN remake.

Now I am giddy about it.

and for all you remake haters
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Well Smith isn't exactly Stanley Kubrick...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well Smith isn't exactly Stanley Kubrick...
    Indeed, but he does what he does well - I am indeed a fan of his flicks.

Only just found this thread - aye, I heard him say that on "Threevening" a while back when I got the DVD when it was first out.

Don't agree whatsoever. Yawn04 is still pure rape, and the film itself still has 110 things wrong with it in 110 minutes. Regardless of being called Dawn of the Dead, it's fucking atrocious and it can tongue the droppings of a grizzly bear for all I care.

But we all know where I stand on Yawn04, don't we?

I'm not gonna get into all that again.

Also:

Ya know....after thinking about it for a minute, I just have to ask. So what?

DJ, are you still scratching for ways to make people enjoy this film and Smith liking it may somehow help that cause?

Kevin Smith also likes food......discuss!
    What bassman said too.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Apr-2009 at 09:45 AM.