Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elm Street remake - the new Freddy?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    If anyone is just dying to see the trailer for this NOES remake....I've just seen that it will be attached to Zombieland next week. As if anyone here needed more of a reason to see a movie called Zombieland....
    Good to know, though! You'd best believe I'll be there, NOES trailer or not.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here's the trailer.....

I've never been a huge fan of the original, but it's enjoyable. That said....I think this looks like it could be pretty cool.

and I still love the casting of Haley...

Super Moderator

UK
    I wanted to see more of Freddy in the trailer, to be honest ... but I do like the inclusion of the origin. We only hear about it in the original movie, so seeing it should be cool - hopefully it's not just something tacked on before the title (but I bet it is though). It needs a longer analysis I think.

Not a huge fan of the original films by any means, but 1 and 3 were awesome. 2 was alright ... but 4 through 6 were terrible (especially 6) and 7 was okay at the end, but it took so long to get anywhere I couldn't be arsed.

I'm still annoyed by all these goddamn remakes though, there's no need, and they take advantage of horror fans who'll simply keep seeing these horror movies - we're like zombies in that way.

I mean seriously, how many surpass the original, and how many are actually worthwhile in the end?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    looks like a NOE flick to me, and before it got bullshit too, should be pretty good.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    THis looks kick ass, but something tells me it will have that TCM 2003 and other Michael Bay flare all over it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    If you pause it at 1:55 can see his face now, be'otches.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It does actually look pretty good.

Just because it's a remake I'm not going to shit all over it....yet.

I wanna judge it on it's own merits and forget there ever was an original.

Comparing remakes to the original more often than not taints the the popular opinion of the remake and even if it does suck, it doesn't get a fair analysis because of that.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I mean seriously, how many surpass the original, and how many are actually worthwhile in the end?
    I heard there was this great remake of Dawn of the Dead, oscar winning dark noir character study with black comedy and plenty of scares...

I heard that....then the whispering stopped and I woke up with a wet gym sock on my stomach.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I heard there was this great remake of Dawn of the Dead, oscar winning dark noir character study with black comedy and plenty of scares...

I heard that....then the whispering stopped and I woke up with a wet gym sock on my stomach.
    Dirty bugger ... make sure you rinse that sock out.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    THis looks kick ass, but something tells me it will have that TCM 2003 and other Michael Bay flare all over it.
    I was thinking the exact same thing - speaking of which, on the Platinum Dunes blog a while ago there was a picture of a cop car in a dark, creepy setting with two dudes standing by it (the writers, or something, producers maybe, I duno) ... and then right at the bottom of the blog in one of the later posts for Friday 13th 2009, there was a picture of a cop car in a dark, creepy setting with two dudes standing by it (the writers, or something, producers maybe, I duno) ...

capncnut
    Looks utter gash to me.

United States
    I was kinda excited to hear that haley was gonna be krueger, but after seeing that. . . well. . he looks like a frog. I dunno. We shall see wont we.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    They missed the chance to cast the
    ULTIMATE Freddy.

See what happens when u wait.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Looks utter gash to me.
    Phwew. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this looked like garbage.

It looks like there's going to be far too much Krueger and he also looks CGI'd/like shit. I know he looks more like a burn victim, but in the original he was not only a burn victim but also returning from hell, which gave him an exaggerated monster-like look.

Also, he was most certainly a child murderer in the original series. Here, however, it seems they're going to portray him as someone whom was wrongfully accused/murdered... so he's coming back for revenge by actually murdering teenagers? I don't think that's very logical, in the revenge sense.

Who knows, though, I'll try giving the trailer another few views when I'm in better moods.

Undisclosed
    Has anyone read a rumor about this movie having a PG-13 rating?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Has anyone read a rumor about this movie having a PG-13 rating?
    I have now. . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."