Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Elm Street remake - the new Freddy?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Has anyone read a rumor about this movie having a PG-13 rating?
    ugh. i try to pretend that's one of those crazy interwebz things. hopefully it is.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I was never a fan of this franchise. I thought the first movie was a bit more clever than the slasher films being mass produced at the time, but it degraded quickly to meet the standard of all slasher series.

Personally, I don't mind a remake here and there. Some movies were made before their time and tend to benefit from being redone. This particular peice of crap isn't an example of that, but hey....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First clear look at Frederick's face. It's a toy, but you get the idea. Sideshow makes amazingly accurate sculpts....

http://www.fearnet.com/news/photos/b...es_freddy.html

Last edited by bassman; 25-Nov-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    ugh. i try to pretend that's one of those crazy interwebz things. hopefully it is.
    It's probably true dude. With the gargantuan finacial investment movie studios make in these films they are looking to maximize their profit any way they can. The Pg-13 rating lets the movie be accessable to a wider audience therefore, more money.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    He doesn't really look menancing. Let's hope Freddy is a nasty basturd in this remake or its doomed to fail.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    He doesn't really look menancing. Let's hope Freddy is a nasty basturd in this remake or its doomed to fail.

Well, imo, what made freddy stand out from all the other psychos of his time is that he had personality. He wasn't just this silent guy in a mask (Jason, Myers) going around and hacking people up. Not for nothing but he could be really funny at times and that is a dimension the others just don't have.

Here's to hoping they don't screw it up too badly.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Holy crap...my nephew called, he wants his Halloween costume back.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    First clear look at Frederick's face. It's a toy, but you get the idea. Sideshow makes amazingly accurate sculpts....

http://www.fearnet.com/news/photos/b...es_freddy.html

Bleh. I heard they were going to go with a more realistic () look, as in what a burn victim would actually look like. I want Kruger to look like Kruger please.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Bleh. I heard they were going to go with a more realistic () look, as in what a burn victim would actually look like. I want Kruger to look like Kruger please.
    I'm not a huge fan of the series, but he looks like Kruger to me. Striped shirt, fucked up face, hat, and glove. I would say it looks like him...

United States
    I'm not a huge fan of the series, but he looks like Kruger to me. Striped shirt, fucked up face, hat, and glove. I would say it looks like him...
    Yeah & no...it's the eyes & the nose & the mouth.

Realize it's not a huge difference, & they got all the other aspects right, but I just don't like it

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, but didn't Englund's Kruger also change from movie to movie?

I'll put it this way....at least the essentials are there. It could be worse. They could've done something as drastic as changing shambling zombies to runners in a remake of Dawn of the Dead.

United States
    Yeah, but didn't Englund's Kruger also change from movie to movie?
    A bit. They played with the make up a little but it stayed essentially the same.

I'll put it this way....at least the essentials are there. It could be worse. They could've done something as drastic as changing shambling zombies to runners in a remake of Dawn of the Dead.
    True. It's just a bit jarring. Maybe it'll look better on screen or grow on me or something. Just the initial impression that struck me was "bleh".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    True. It's just a bit jarring. Maybe it'll look better on screen or grow on me or something. Just the initial impression that struck me was "bleh".
    I can understand that. Maybe the performance will make up for it. Haley is a great actor, so i bet he's got something up his sleeve to bring to the table.

United States
    I can understand that. Maybe the performance will make up for it. Haley is a great actor, so i bet he's got something up his sleeve to bring to the table.
    Yep, THAT I am looking forward to.

United States