Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Elm Street remake - the new Freddy?

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll check it out just to see it, but I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the cinema when I had the chance to. Just all the footage I saw being directly pulled from the original seemed ENTIRELY pointless. The same shots just with a bigger budget and different faces and up-to-date effects? WTF is the point?

Did they try and 'TCM2003 it' like they did with F13th 2009?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Just all the footage I saw being directly pulled from the original seemed ENTIRELY pointless. The same shots just with a bigger budget and different faces and up-to-date effects? WTF is the point?
    To be honest MZ, that's not even what bothered me most about it. Matter of fact, using some of the scenes from the original (and not that many, mind you - I think the trailer showed all the repeated scenes in the flick) is the only thing I liked about it.

A few things that bothered me: 'Teenagers'who look older than some parents I know, none of which were worth giving a shit about and had no emotion. Extremely loud stingers/shreiks that try to hide a lack of suspense. I mean, it gets LOUD - the people in the theater weren't jumping at what was on screen, they were reacting to the scare of 1000db being blasted into their eardrums. Haley mumbled like he had a mouth full of dogshit... The makeup? Sure, it looked like a real burn victims - ummm, after it starts to heal! Has Freddy been healing in hell? Go google 3rd degree burns and see if they looked at all like Freddy's new makeup. One other thing about the makeup - you could just tell it was prosthetics on his face. At least with Englund and the original NOES, the makeup looked real and moved with his face when he was emoting - Haley's makup looked like a solid mass of dried shit glued to his face and the only thing that moved was his lips. It looked more fake than Pam Anderson's tits!

There's so many problems with this flick I refuse to list them all. There'd be more things I hate on this list than Dj and I's "RZ's Halloween" and MZ's "Yawn04" list COMBINED!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS if you have any vested interest in the original.

The sad part is, I bet 100 to 1 there will be a sequel....and it does not deserve nor warrant one.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    The sad part is, I bet 100 to 1 there will be a sequel....and it does not deserve nor warrant one.
    I'm not so sure. You would think a sequel to their Friday the 13th remake would have been a given, but I hear they're not doing it.

Haven't seen the film yet, but as someone that doesn't have much invested in the original...I'm still holding out a bit of hope. Reading so many bad reviews makes it tough, though.

Platinum Dunes. Unless they get their shit together fast, they're going to be known as the company that ruined all 70's and 80's franchises. Now they're working on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake.
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Jun-2010 at 07:26 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm not so sure. You would think a sequel to their Friday the 13th remake would have been a given, but I hear they're not doing it.
    True - and perhaps I'm jumping the gun on it, but y'know, I've just come to expect such pathetic, stupid moves by hollyweird that I expect nothing less of them.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So tell us how you really feel!

"HA HA TOM. I FLOOD LAB, YOU CLEAN UP." WW
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    So tell us how you really feel!

"HA HA TOM. I FLOOD LAB, YOU CLEAN UP." WW
    You just had to go there, didn't you?

Dude, I'm telling you, how they passed that off as making "Freddy scary again" I have no idea.. He wasn't scary, but the film was certainly laughable.

Undisclosed
    NOES Remake sucked!
    It was boring!
    There was no attempt to make it scary at all.

Scotland
    I still stick to my opinion that the remake sucks ass (and haleys dog shit apparently), BUT.. I have to admit i did like 1 death scene. But it was the final one where freddy came through the mirror and grabbed The mothers head by her eye sockets and pulled her through the mirror and dissappeared. That was pretty awesome. But thats it! Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avSmTvxKRxo
    Last edited by Darksider18; 02-Nov-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added Link to Final Scene.
    If You Believe In Something, It Will Exist. For As Long As You Live, Or Die, You Will Always Be Controlled By Beliefs And Compulsions. Mortal.