Thread: Good Krod!

Undisclosed

Good Krod!

Tried to post this last night, but .. oh well.

After a long dry spell for Comedy in the Sword and Sorcery vein, Comedy Central provides. ( Weds 10PM EST )
    Krod Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire tells the tale of a reluctant hero and his merry band( one of them very merry. ) who fights against an evil chauncelor with a fetish for dating grieving widows and daughters ( nice ) and wearing goat fur codpieces ( not so very much )
    Among his posse of would-be freedom fighters are a man/bear/pig ( Sorry, South Park humor ), actually a pig-man who needs archery lessons, a magician who sadly lacking actual magic, and a pagan warrior-princess who uses sex as a weapon ( often and sadly off camera. ) literally taking one ( or more, possibly up to three hundred. ) for the team.
    In the premiere episode last night, Krod discovers his destiny with the aforementioned Flaming Sword, his confusion at having a nymphette girlfriend ( whose rite of passage among her people includes spreading for every man and boy in the county. ), the pain of being constantly shot by his pig-man servant, and having a wizard going through a dry spell.
    Is Krod funny? I did laugh, though alot of the rauncher gags ( including one about a man whose name sounds like his desire to date horses )seemed forced ( pun intended )
    Still, it's not that bad, the jokes flying fast enough that you'd get at least a chuckle or two, and India De Beaufort, who plays the Pagan girl is quite nice to look at, so give this series a look see.

Wayne Z

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I haven't seen it, but the ads they were running for this series made it look...well...stupid.

Super Moderator

United States
    I saw about 2 minutes of it last night while changing channels. Yes, there was a pretty attractive woman on the screen and that played a decisive part in my not immediately switching past the channel. However, it looked like the writers need to start hitting their stride soon and the actors had best find a good way to work with the material.

I'm not not saying that this show can't find a place and grow a bit as the writers and actors shrug off the funk that accompanies most show's early episodes, but...meh. Consider this is my review of a random two minutes of the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    the ads they were running for this series made it look...well...stupid.
    Very true.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    like aces, i caught about five minutes of this last night while trying to run down a rerun of this week's southpark. and like aces, the pretty girl caught my eye, so i watched the scene in which she describes her "weapon", the krod dude made a total sexual pun about sticking his blade deep inside someone, and his gay sidekick got all hot and bothered, and i switched the channel. i also thought the previews for this looked pretty shitty and disposable.

but then again, all i watch is the news, weather, baseball, and south park, for what that's worth to ya.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 10-Apr-2009 at 05:02 PM.