View Poll Results: ANDYS ADDED POLL - is 28 days later a zombie movie?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • No it isnt.

18 64.29%
  • Yes it is.

10 35.71%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Growling, Running, Twitching Zombie...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Dear Growling, Running, Twitching Zombie...

Please. Go to hell. I hate you. I hate you with all my guts. I f***ing wish Zack Snyder had never "re-invented" you, because you have truly sucked the life out everything there is to being undead.

I hate you because you've replaced "horror" with "action".

I hate you because of your stupid growls.

I hate you because the way you're constantly shot by cameramen who are at least as twitching as you seem to be.

I hate you because there is no longer any gothic, slow, lingering terror left in what used to be the scariest creature around.

I hate you because you're everywhere. Everywhere!

Best wishes,
    EvilNed

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Best wishes,
    You're going a bit soft on the runners, ain't ya, Ned?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I hate you because the way you're constantly shot by cameramen who are at least as twitching as you seem to be.
    Everyone that does this should be dragged into the street and shot. I HATE that shit!

To be fair, it isn't just zombies. I've seen dumbassed law shows - law shows, of all things! - on tv that are shot that same way. I have no clue what the fucking point of doing it is supposed to be, other than to aggravate the viewer to the point of wanting to throw a hammer through the screen.

Death to the twitching camera, and the piece of shit that came up with it. DEATH!!

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Everyone that does this should be dragged into the street and shot. I HATE that shit!

To be fair, it isn't just zombies. I've seen dumbassed law shows - law shows, of all things! - on tv that are shot that same way. I have no clue what the fucking point of doing it is supposed to be, other than to aggravate the viewer to the point of wanting to throw a hammer through the screen.

Death to the twitching camera, and the piece of shit that came up with it. DEATH!!
    Same here. I think it's supposed to suggest tension or something although I think it's really used to make the viewer so dizzy and nauseous that they forget how crappy the program/movie is.

United States
    GAR will bring us some slow zeds. We just need to be patient.

United States
    EvilNed..ditto..I agree..I do love the slow zombies, more menacing and scary.
    I don't mind them moving faster but 'running' nah..my preference is slow they just freak me out!
    I am going to backpeddle abit...I don't mind 'running' zombies if it is done right. A full out marathon run, I dont see how that would be possible. A forward fast lunging ok like as fast as a person out of shape as in someone that hasn't worked out in years. Unfit to be able to run that is the type of zombie I would think as a 'runner'.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yeah, the fast-bo's are crap. I also hate the growling. I mean, what the hell is all that about? They're not freaking werewolves! Anyway, yeah, I think that it's a rule now that to be a cameraman on something you have to be drunk while filming. Otherwise you get too depressed at the horrible writing/acting of most shows on nowadays. I don't know.

United States
    Meh, I can see how having runners or growlers would be useful for some stories.

The camera I can agree with also, blame the blair witch for that shit. I haven't seen seen a great use of that yet, decent perhaps but nothing amazing.

I imagine that when night of the living dead came out, some folks were complaining about how zombies were supposed to be all about voodoo.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

England
    GAR's zombies growl a bit though!how about the scene when peter is in the lift on dawn & the zombies burst in snarling & growling?or the bit in day when they get that zombie with the helmet on in the holding pen & it starts going mental!
    By rights they shouldnt make any noise at all because to do so would mean they are breathing!

Undisclosed
    Please. Go to hell. I hate you. I hate you with all my guts. I f***ing wish Zack Snyder had never "re-invented" you, because you have truly sucked the life out everything there is to being undead.

I hate you because you've replaced "horror" with "action".

I hate you because of your stupid growls.

I hate you because there is no longer any gothic, slow, lingering terror left in what used to be the scariest creature around.

I hate you because you're everywhere. Everywhere!

Best wishes,
    EvilNed

well said Evil Ned
    fast movers are pretty lame, and getting old fast..and to top it of just not scary.

'Dawn 2004' worked (first 10min) but it was the only one that will get away with it...all these other fast movers are shit and a let-down

Super Moderator

United States
    Look out for that fabulous hpotd meme about the ADD MTV generation (that's pushing 40 now, btw ), which is obviously incoming.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I don't mind growling- it's when they make inhuman velociraptor noises that I start to get pissed.

Other than that, I totally agree with EvilNed. Well said, brother.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You know you can't blame ZACK SNYDER for that... Ummm fingers need to be pointed at Danny Boyle who pulled that shit with 28 Days Later.

So make sure you know who gets the blame... Danny.

And why you guys keep going on about it is beyond me, starting to sound like that one record in someones vinyl collection that just keep skipping over the same lyrics every 10 seconds.

Honestly, put it to rest, the Fast Zombie is here to stay.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You know you can't blame ZACK SNYDER for that... Ummm fingers need to be pointed at Danny Boyle who pulled that shit with 28 Days Later.

So make sure you know who gets the blame... Danny.

And why you guys keep going on about it is beyond me, starting to sound like that one record in someones vinyl collection that just keep skipping over the same lyrics every 10 seconds.

Honestly, put it to rest, the Fast Zombie is here to stay.
    Aha! I knew it, my DJ sense was tingling for a while there...

Basically the issue boils down to this: many zombie fans, including me, to some extent, enjoy the slow, lumbering zombies (for various reasons) which are the zombies they grew up with and the zombies they think of when they imagine a zombie movie. They - we - are concerned that "running zombies" are replacing the old-school type in the same way that nu-metal subdued traditional and "real" metal in the late 90s, early 2000s. Rightly or wrongly, we simply don't enjoy "fast zombie" movies as much as the old style ones - they are just not the same monster - and are worried because the more fast zombies become the norm, the fewer slow zombie movies will be made.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Aha! I knew it, my DJ sense was tingling for a while there...

Basically the issue boils down to this: many zombie fans, including me, to some extent, enjoy the slow, lumbering zombies (for various reasons) which are the zombies they grew up with and the zombies they think of when they imagine a zombie movie. They - we - are concerned that "running zombies" are replacing the old-school type in the same way that nu-metal subdued traditional and "real" metal in the late 90s, early 2000s. Rightly or wrongly, we simply don't enjoy "fast zombie" movies as much as the old style ones - they are just not the same monster - and are worried because the more fast zombies become the norm, the fewer slow zombie movies will be made.

LOL...

Dude I feel everyones pain, and I understand, but I will tell you, money people just don't want to cough up for slow zombies anymore, Romero is lucky, but the money he gets isn't because of his slow zombies, its because of George Romero.

I am almost wllling to bet there is a battle at the studio producing World War Z on which type of zombie to use, because they look at numbers, and numbers show that between DAWN and 28 Days Later those two films made $200 million worldwide and then some, and audience just seem to lean toward a fast zombie now a days.

Myself, I wanted to go the slow zombie route with the next Deadlands movie, but every money person said, they need to be fast, which led to some arguments here and there, and eventually cost me two deals, but oh well fuck it.

The game has been changed forever, and to be honest someone is going to have to make some really spectacular zombie film with slow zombies before the mind set will be changed. With everything needing to be an action beat every 10 pages it just makes it harder and harder to work around it.

However, i feel that one zombie film will be made someday, and it will be nothing short of awesome, the film we all want, and then the slow zombie will be the monster everyone wants. However, in todays film market, won't happen, if someone does a zombie TV show... you may get away with it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*