Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fatally-Yours.Com Gives DEADLANDS 2 a GREAT REVIEW

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Imagine this... There was no shot log for Deadlands 2.
    *there is no smiley icon that can define my vision of hair-tearing-out horror at the very thought*

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This could have described the horror
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    I really love editing... I feel it's a HUGE part of the creative process of the movie... there's all the footage, 2, 4, maybe 10 takes from 3 or 4 different angles. You can take the footage and make far different movies by the shots that you chose.

It's really difficult editing your own movies if you have another job, are starting another movie, kids, forget a life! Yet at the same time, I find it very VERY hard to relinquish the control at this point. I constantly worry if the editor maybe missed that one great angle or the best take... and of course the best take can be subjective, so... it's tough trusting someone else with your baby.

I'm sure it'll be a lot easier when filmmaking is my only job and I can pay someone to edit my movies and I can have tons of time to go over it with them. ahhhh..... I long for that day!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kchertu View Post
    I really love editing... I feel it's a HUGE part of the creative process of the movie... there's all the footage, 2, 4, maybe 10 takes from 3 or 4 different angles. You can take the footage and make far different movies by the shots that you chose.

It's really difficult editing your own movies if you have another job, are starting another movie, kids, forget a life! Yet at the same time, I find it very VERY hard to relinquish the control at this point. I constantly worry if the editor maybe missed that one great angle or the best take... and of course the best take can be subjective, so... it's tough trusting someone else with your baby.

I'm sure it'll be a lot easier when filmmaking is my only job and I can pay someone to edit my movies and I can have tons of time to go over it with them. ahhhh..... I long for that day!
    I love editing, I do, and I learn more and more each day, but along with writing, producing, and directing, not too mention composing... Oi... tis a lot to have on ones plate.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*