pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Fatally-Yours.Com Gives DEADLANDS 2 a GREAT REVIEW

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    Damn, Dj...that was a kick ass review! A decent length for a review too, without real spoilers...just the way I like it

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, it is great review. Seems like she really really liked it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Sweeeeeeeeeet!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Awesome! Congrats, DJ!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks DAWN girl
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Thanks DAWN girl
    It took you five months to think of that?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Got lost in translation...

I try to check the forum daily but everytime I wanted to say thanks I got distracted by something else.

No BS Neil I could write a friggin book about the trials and tribulations of getting this film done, especially the HD DVD mastering which has been the biggest headache on the planet. Here I sit 39 days before the DVD hits the street and the HARD DRIVE still hasn't been shipped to the studio because of Equipment failures (lost 3 hard drives inside of a week)

Once this gets shipped out, I will do a separate Blu-Ray render, and then I am shutting the PC down and building a new one.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn dude ... when I pop into the directing chair for real on a feature, I'm getting someone else to edit the whole damn thing.

Such trials would blow my top, personally.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I will most likely NOT edit Deadlands 3. I am in fact in search of an editor for that right now.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    Got lost in translation...

I try to check the forum daily but everytime I wanted to say thanks I got distracted by something else.

No BS Neil I could write a friggin book about the trials and tribulations of getting this film done, especially the HD DVD mastering which has been the biggest headache on the planet. Here I sit 39 days before the DVD hits the street and the HARD DRIVE still hasn't been shipped to the studio because of Equipment failures (lost 3 hard drives inside of a week)

Once this gets shipped out, I will do a separate Blu-Ray render, and then I am shutting the PC down and building a new one.
    Do you know when the Bluray will be available? Same date as the DVD and HD DVD?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ofchappee View Post
    Do you know when the Bluray will be available? Same date as the DVD and HD DVD?
    No Blu-Ray until at least 2010.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    I will most likely NOT edit Deadlands 3. I am in fact in search of an editor for that right now.
    Surely editing is where some of the real work/fun is done?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Surely editing is where some of the real work/fun is done?
    But there's also a lot of frustration to be had in editing as you're at the mercy of software ... which can be a cruel mistress at times. Not only that but hard drives that might suddenly decide to fail on you, weird technical glitches ... anything.

I guess I'm speaking more from my own perspective when I say that editing can be a right chore too. I don't find any joy in sifting through mountains of footage (nevermind the sheer volume of stuff Dj seems to get running up to four cameras). Personally, it does my head in - uploading the footage, logging it all, then chuntering through ... ugh.

Ironically a lot of my workload officially of late has been editing ... but I'm getting paid for that, so there's a difference ... plus there's not necessarily a lot of sorting and sifting to do ... but there is still plenty.

I'd never edit a feature length film I don't think ... I would if it was as simple as say Clerks, which was in Smith's own words, picking the best take and sticking it onto the other best takes in sequence.

I find editing to be more laborious than fun, not to say I don't find any pleasure in my editing - like when I string together a few shots and it just works, you know?

But well, that's my view anyway...editing is a very long-winded exercise, very long hours are spent editing, and I don't think I have the patience to personally edit a feature.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But there's also a lot of frustration to be had in editing as you're at the mercy of software ... which can be a cruel mistress at times. Not only that but hard drives that might suddenly decide to fail on you, weird technical glitches ... anything.

I guess I'm speaking more from my own perspective when I say that editing can be a right chore too. I don't find any joy in sifting through mountains of footage (nevermind the sheer volume of stuff Dj seems to get running up to four cameras). Personally, it does my head in - uploading the footage, logging it all, then chuntering through ... ugh.

Ironically a lot of my workload officially of late has been editing ... but I'm getting paid for that, so there's a difference ... plus there's not necessarily a lot of sorting and sifting to do ... but there is still plenty.

I'd never edit a feature length film I don't think ... I would if it was as simple as say Clerks, which was in Smith's own words, picking the best take and sticking it onto the other best takes in sequence.

I find editing to be more laborious than fun, not to say I don't find any pleasure in my editing - like when I string together a few shots and it just works, you know?

But well, that's my view anyway...editing is a very long-winded exercise, very long hours are spent editing, and I don't think I have the patience to personally edit a feature.

Imagine this... There was no shot log for Deadlands 2.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!