Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine flu more of a threat than first thought?

Administrator

England
    Am I right in saying still not a single death outside of mexico yet?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I want to make one thing perfectly clear, I've personally been there and done that. I am on the border and have faced off with alot of this....short of the machine gun fire by drug lords. I personally know illegals who are great people who are hard workers and I have met scumbags who deserve no less than to be crab bait in traps in the Gulf of Mexico (drug gangs anyone??). Ive gone across the Rio Grande in ankle deep water in Big Bend to eat tacos and drink Cervezas at Boquillas (Flathead, you still got that wooden fetish I sent you?) . I've hunted doves at Cotulla when illegals were flooding in the fields looking for water. I've been in Nueva Laredo when it flooded the first time in 100 years and people were going nuts. What does this mean? Nothing. Other than I've been there face to face so when I speak its not from Canadia, Europa, Asiananica or the like. And yes, I've fed and watered most of them but that doesn't mean I can't support a goddamn big fence.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    This issue will go nowhere, it's post-budget distraction.

Sars, bird flur, CJD, all the same. Its bullshit.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post

The MSM (main stream media) love a story like this, because they can absolutely rinse all their airtime on it while not telling us anything new, but they can show us endless pictures and video to inspire fear in the population at large.

Guaranteed we see something about this swine flu thing on the last episode of Newswipe on Wednesday.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post

Possibly, but a 6% death rate - if the figures from Mexico are correct, is not something to be sneazed at! (excuse the pun!)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Notice how there aren't any cases in Russia?

That's NOT a coincidence, my dear comrades...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Possibly, but a 6% death rate - if the figures from Mexico are correct, is not something to be sneazed at! (excuse the pun!)
    I'll give £100 to every active forum member if we're still hearing about this thing in two months...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United Kingdom
    Well, iv just heard about this 'Swine flu', from this post (Yes I live in a hole and there isn't any contact with the out side world!). Iv also just had my din dins and had the chance to look at a news paper. It had a nice little segment that made me laugh.

The other bugs that were going to wipe us out

Bird Flue
    H5N1 strain popped up in 1997, it cant jump from human to human....... SO STOP TOUCHING CHICKENS!!!!

Sars
    Came up in China 2002, killed a few people (774) but nothing has came from this since 2005

FOOT & Mouth
    Stay out of the mud!!!! THE COWS WILL BE PISSED!!!!

SymphonicX, how do I register for that £100, I just want to be in with a chance encase your wrong! lol
    "Zombie Birth"

"And you think your Mother had it bad"
    First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dachan-da View Post
    encase your wrong! lol
    How does one go about encasing their wrong?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    How does one go about encasing their wrong?

Doh!!! lol, off to good start then ............... but I believe it involves a moose, a rubber cat and a lot of sticky tape
    Last edited by Dachan-da; 27-Apr-2009 at 12:14 PM.
    "Zombie Birth"

First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    Yo yO, I had a look around, and this isn't the first time that *Piggy Flu* has popped up. In 1976 500 soldiers were diagnosed with it in Jersey, apparently there was some sort of inoculation program but it was scrapped once they found out the Vaccine was supposedly deadly..... bugger
    "Zombie Birth"

Undisclosed
    I am glad I am not the only one from Texas who has dealt w/ immigrants from south of the border. He speaks the truth, btw. They are a diffrent type of peope to deal with, probably unlike anything Europeans are used to. Or Canadians.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    haha

£100 people, start counting the days

England
    I cant imagine it causing a huge amount of deaths over here if we get it on a large scale, but imagine the impact of it during this recession if it rips its way through offices & factories & half the workforce are off sick,scary!