Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moon structure and 1962 Mars landing

capncnut

Moon structure and 1962 Mars landing

Get this load of this.

Check the comments, half of the f**kers on YouTube believe in this.

And while Mars DOES have blue skies...

...this is blatantly a load of old cock.

Note: If I see one single post with a pic of Obama, or anyone else, it will be removed. Thank you.
    Last edited by capncnut; 05-May-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Super Moderator

United States
    In the absence of understanding, or when there's a need to justify a stilted world view, people will pile up any sort of bullshit in their imagination and cling to it.

Simple as.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Wow, that Mars video is so blatenly fake. I love the horrible voice acting in it...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    that first video is ridiculous as all fuck, deserves no comment and is indicative of why i just about never read comments attached to vids on youtube.

the second one had me in tears laughing, in fact, thanks for the howl brett. the people who fabricated that clearly know very, very little about real space exploration. to even suggest that the tech existed in 1962 to send a craft to mars capable of what the one in the vid is doing should strain the credulity of a 5 year old. i also love how the fabricators of this vid forgot that it takes 40 mins roundtrip for a radio signal to travel from earth to mars then back again.

hell, even today sending a craft to another planet that is capable of low level, sustained flight and banking on a dime (like in the fake) would stretch present capabilities to their limits (and possibly beyond).

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Note: If I see one single post with a pic of Obama, or anyone else, it will be removed. Thank you.
    the JFK pic has no place in this thread and ought to be removed.
    Last edited by Mike70; 04-May-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow....that's horrible.

Wait a tick - the sky really is blue on Mars or were you making a joke? I've always been told that we have blue skies on Earth because of the oceans, but that could all be bullshit as far as I know.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Wow....that's horrible.

Wait a tick - the sky really is blue on Mars or were you making a joke? I've always been told that we have blue skies on Earth because of the oceans, but that could all be bullshit as far as I know.

The blue color of the sky is due to rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

however, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. the absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    however, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. the absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.
    To add on, this also explains the colors of sunrise and sunset. At those times of day, the sun's light is reaching you after going through the atmosphere the "long way." The blue light is scattered to everyone between you and the sun (and those people are therefore seeing blue sky), and you see what's left over (reds, yellows, oranges).
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    About the second video - you only need to highlight one single point to debunk it completely: the video clearly contains audio of astronauts talking to ground control (ostensibly somewhere on Earth) in something like real time. No chance. A radio signal takes ten minutes to reach Mars from Earth and vice versa, any astronauts would be more or less on their own except for periodic, much delayed communications from Earth.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Not to mention the fact that it gives the atmospheric pressure as 707.7 millibars. That's equivalent to an altitude (on Earth) of about 10,000 feet -- some towns in Colorado have atmospheric pressure that low. It's about 70 times the highest summertime atmospheric pressure readings on Mars. Mars isn't massive enough to retain a stable atmosphere that dense.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

capncnut
    The first clip comes from an Italian TV series about space exploration called Planeto Encantando, and features something like fourteen minutes of Neil Armstrong wandering through the ancient structure. The documentary, while in Italian and difficult to understand, takes the subject very seriously.

I know, crazy innit?

The second clip is blatantly fake, comes from an early 90's UK TV show called Alternative 3, but it is one of the main attractions on the site of a well-renowned Italian ufologist named Franco Chendi. Here are another two videos that he has on his You Tube page. I mean, these are so laughable and how he can be seen as a top ufologist is beyond me.

Buildings on the moon.

Captured Alien gray.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Wait a tick - the sky really is blue on Mars or were you making a joke?
    No joke. The sky on Mars can be a deep blue on clearer days.
    Last edited by capncnut; 05-May-2009 at 12:28 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Not to mention the fact that it gives the atmospheric pressure as 707.7 millibars. That's equivalent to an altitude (on Earth) of about 10,000 feet -- some towns in Colorado have atmospheric pressure that low. It's about 70 times the highest summertime atmospheric pressure readings on Mars. Mars isn't massive enough to retain a stable atmosphere that dense.
    that's total whack for sure. mars' atmosphere is only about 1% of earths - 101 kpa for earth to about 1 kpa for mars. mars is relatively dense (3.93 g/cm3) but has only about 38% of earth's surface gravity. mars lacks a magnetic field so the solar wind is constant ionizing the pogees out of the atmosphere (stripping atoms away and thinning it) nor does it possess active volcanoes to constantly replenish its atmosphere.

so add up low gravity, no magnetic field and no method for putting gases back into the atmosphere and you have a dry ass planet with a thin atmosphere.

i think one of the main things that irritates me about space kooks is their insistence on some huge NASA cover up. this to me betrays a deep, deep ignorance of how astronomy and science in general work. NASA aren't the only people involved in astronomy by a long damn shot. the vast majority of the work in astronomy is done by academics (professors), graduate students, and amateurs (astronomy is one of the few main stream sciences that welcomes the work of amateurs and values it), who have no connection to NASA. NASA doesn't control every telescope on earth nor do they decide what those telescopes are pointed at nor do they decide when and what information an academic institution releases.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i think one of the main things that irritates me about space kooks is their insistence on some huge NASA cover up. this to me betrays a deep, deep ignorance of how astronomy and science in general work. NASA aren't the only people involved in astronomy by a long damn shot. the vast majority of the work in astronomy is done by academics (professors), graduate students, and amateurs (astronomy is one of the few main stream sciences that welcomes the work of amateurs and values it), who have no connection to NASA. NASA doesn't control every telescope on earth nor do they decide what those telescopes are pointed at nor do they decide when and what information an academic institution releases.
    But they are probably considered the leading field on the subject.

For a while I thought the lunar landings might have been faked but after reading up on the subject I came to learn that footage like that would be nigh-on impossible to fake.

But, I do believe that certain things are covered up by NASA and other administrations. For instance, when NASA had the live feed from space going on, they stopped it after a while because viewers were reporting anomalies on a regular basis. Also, there are simply too many individuals who have worked for NASA, reported strange goings on and have been told to keep hush about it.

Exactly what though, is anyones guess.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    That alien is pretty cool, but yeah, fake. There is something in space, we just haven't found it yet. Maybe someday...

Super Moderator

Germany
    Mars sky can be blue on a clear day, but it is generally directly around the sun. It fades into a butterscotch as the radius from the sun extends.

capncnut
    I know it's slightly throwing things off topic but here are two more examples of blue skies on Mars, both taken from the Viking 1 probe in 1976.

Day

Night