Thread: Site navigation bar issue

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland

Site navigation bar issue

Well, not an issue as such, but something that I've always considered a minor annoyance that I just wanted to flag up-

When navigating to the Homepage of the Dead forums via the main site, the navigation bar across the top of the screen remains visible and the page URL continues to appear in Internet Explorer and Firefox as www.homepageofthedead.com. Of course this is because the forum appears on the site as a frame within the page, which makes sense because, after all, the forum is just one discrete chunk of the main site.

The problem is, however, that it makes it difficult to do various things while navigating the forums - not least refreshing the screen, which I often do almost automatically when using message boards, which dumps me back to the front page of the site.

Since I have started visiting regularly, I have managed to work around this by opening the page properties of the forum frame, finding the direct address of the message board (forum.homepageofthedead.com) and adding it to my favourites. As I said, it's not really an issue, it's just a little quirk that is maybe something you guys could consider if ever the site was up for a redesign (not that I think it needs one overall).

Administrator

England
    Agreed...

Done...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Agreed...

Done...

Woohoo! There's a man who gets stuff DONE!

Not that's changed, I'm switching my HPotD bookmark back to the main page, which is good because I now have more of an incentive to read what's on the actual site.

Cheers man!

United States
    Yes! Finally!

I just thought that was how these forums had to be. Finally I can refresh!

Thanks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Not that's changed, I'm switching my HPotD bookmark back to the main page, which is good because I now have more of an incentive to read what's on the actual site.

Cheers man!
    wait...you mean there's more to this place than just a forum?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Yes! Finally!

I just thought that was how these forums had to be. Finally I can refresh!

Thanks.
    Or you could use the direct link which is

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Or you could use the direct link which is

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com
    That is what i use because at work, HPotD is blocked by the firewall, as Tasteless Violent Entertainment. Or Sometimes Misc Entertainment. Depends on which flag it throw up that day.

Todays flag reads:

"Your organization has chosen to limit viewing of this site (http://www.homepageofthedead.com/main.html), due to the rating of its content (miscellaneous questionable,entertainment).

If you feel that you have received this page in error, please contact: IT Support."
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 08-May-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*