Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'District 9' - Looks interesting...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Or does anyone think he will be a sell out like Sam Rami?
    Have you seen Drag me to Hell?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Do you think Peter Jackson will make over the top gore movies, again? Or does anyone think he will be a sell out like Sam Rami?
    There was plenty of gore and splatter in District 9. Have no worries... then again, Peter Jackson was just a producer on this one, not the actual director, so who knows.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Do you think Peter Jackson will make over the top gore movies, again? Or does anyone think he will be a sell out like Sam Rami?
    This is the trailer for Peter Jackson's new film, The Lovely Bones. Not exactly a gore fest, but it looks like it's going to be a great film.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This is the trailer for Peter Jackson's new film, The Lovely Bones. Not exactly a gore fest, but it looks like it's going to be a great film.

I knew it was going to be his new movie, but I didn't really know anything about it - ta for posting the trailer bassman, it looks pretty good actually. I'll be there to see it no doubt.

It'll make a nice change after four gigantic epics in a row from Jackson, the poor bugger deserves a bit of a break.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    Saw a preview of the movie tonight... it was as amazing as I thought it would be. I don't want to give away anything before the rest of you guys see it so I will just end it by saying that you need to go see this as soon as you can. I will most likely go see this again in the next few weeks I enjoyed it so much (and maybe next time the person sitting behind be won't kick my seat every 5 minutes).

I got the feeling the first time I saw the trailer that this was going to be a different kind of film. Even if it's mediocre the fact that they took a chance with it is a breath of fresh air from all the rehashes, remakes and sequels.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Exclusive District 9 Clip

http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/movi...ct-9-Clip.html

I apologize in advance if this has been posted before. If it has then i guess it wouldn't be so...exclusive, huh?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Saw this earlier, and it really is as great as everyone's hyping it up to be. Best movie I've seen so far this year. If you plan on seeing it, try and make it to the theater knowing as little as possible about the plot, I think it's gonna blow you guys away.

Also, I was surprised to see Rambo's gore level handily exceeded. Good lord.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Saw this earlier, and it really is as great as everyone's hyping it up to be. Best movie I've seen so far this year. If you plan on seeing it, try and make it to the theater knowing as little as possible about the plot, I think it's gonna blow you guys away.

Also, I was surprised to see Rambo's gore level handily exceeded. Good lord.
    Ah mate, now I really wanna see this flick, and we most definitely will when it comes out.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I read the book on a whim and was glad I did. Bittersweet and heart wrenching. I'm glad Jackson is at the helm of this film adaption of the novel.

I'm stoked to see District 9, good to see something fresh and original in theaters.
    I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful and rich an expression of life as growth~
    Henry Miller

United States
    I know it doesn't come out for a few weeks in the UK, but damn, I was expecting more impressions. Go see this ASAP guys!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I know it doesn't come out for a few weeks in the UK, but damn, I was expecting more impressions. Go see this ASAP guys!
    3.fucking.weeks to go...

-and this is one im watching on the big screen, not a shitty copy.

United States
    Saw it this weekend. One of the best movies I've seen in years. It's really really amazing. It's heartwrenching without being silly. The lead character (the actor has apparently never acted really before) really did an amazing job taking you along for the ride. You pity, love, hate, and cheer for the bastard the whole time.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Good movie. Glad I saw it in the theater.
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 18-Aug-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Dr Zoidberg?!?!?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Just came back from it. It was kick ass really, and parts of the film you were really not sure what was going to happen, which was nice! Parts of it are rather mainstream, actually, but parts of it aren't.

Good story, lots of suspense, lots of action, lots of drama.