Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn 78' Vs Dawn 04

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Sure, theoretically it's possible within the realm of the film, but as an idea to sell to an audience it's just absurd. Just because it can be done doesn't mean that it should.

I've often wondered if they considered having the newborn jump up and run around. Now THAT would've made it enjoyable.
    I Still dont understand what your trying to say, surely the idea if a corpse coming back to life and attacking the living is absurd? Everybody here seems to be able to see past that ok.

I Think its a interesting idea and one thats been rarely done in movies and i think thats what snyder was trying to do, something different. Sure it could of been done alot better, but i think the idea is far from absurd, i think its a good idea.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I liked it in that Brian Keene book, y'know, the baby zed at the beginning. Besides being runners, I think it's cool. Y'know? I mean, we had the kids in Dawn, so why not take it a step further and go to babies? Of course, they're harmless since they don't have teeth yet... actually, this is creeping me out right here...

Undisclosed
    I know this may sound kind of evil, but I when I saw that baby in 04', part of me hoped Anna was going to take the little dead creep and fling him upside a wall. Splat!! It would have made the dead baby scene more horrible which is what it needed.

United States
    If you wanna get creepy with the kiddos then your best bet was Survival. The time period was right to have the survivors stumble across a day care or hospital and hear crying... only to discover the basinets were inhabited by zombie babies. That would be horrific... imagining the children dying and reanimating on the maternity ward just from being left alone.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    If you wanna get creepy with the kiddos then your best bet was Survival. The time period was right to have the survivors stumble across a day care or hospital and hear crying... only to discover the basinets were inhabited by zombie babies. That would be horrific... imagining the children dying and reanimating on the maternity ward just from being left alone.
    Something more horrific in survival than the acting or storyline?! NEVER!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Although Survival did have zombie children - which was pretty darn creepy in itself.

Your above idea is indeed horrific ... that would be one chilling-as-all-get-out scene!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    how could they even call this a remake? it bears no resemblance to the original except sarah polley looking like a gaylen ross clone

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    how could they even call this a remake? it bears no resemblance to the original except sarah polley looking like a gaylen ross clone
    Would call it more of a re-imaging than a remake tbh

BTW I love both films so I'm going to stay out of the argument lol

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    I know this may sound kind of evil, but I when I saw that baby in 04', part of me hoped Anna was going to take the little dead creep and fling him upside a wall. Splat!! It would have made the dead baby scene more horrible which is what it needed.
    I immediately pictured that scene in Freddy Got Fingered where Tom is swinging that baby around by the umbilical cord when I read your post.
    Something like that?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Ah, FGF... classic Tom Green... "Would you like some sausages?"
    Skateboarding at the beginning was the best part. Sex Pistols!
    Anyway, yeah, babies. All day.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Ah, FGF... classic Tom Green... "Would you like some sausages?"
    Skateboarding at the beginning was the best part. Sex Pistols!
    Anyway, yeah, babies. All day.
    Doooooooooooood.
    To be honest, the first time I saw FGF, I thought it was the worst piece of shit.
    I watched it later after it came out on DVD or whatever for like $5, and realised how much of a genius he was. I wore out that copy, I need to grab another.

Anyway, back on topic: What was the topic? Oh yeah. The old one is better, no comparison. I don't like fast zombies, I'd be toast since I smoke like a chimney. The new one served its purpose, though. Kinda helped breathe life back into the genre.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Would call it more of a re-imaging than a remake tbh

BTW I love both films so I'm going to stay out of the argument lol

true. but in today's world (when the film was remade) woulda been perfect for a complete story remake. it woulda been scary

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    THIS ENTIRE FUCKING THREAD.

*really?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    THIS ENTIRE FUCKING THREAD.

*really?
    LMAO...Too f-ing funny man

United States
    I gotta admit that I did enjoy DAWN 04 on some level - but Zack Snyder is still a hack in my book. Pitting DAWN 04 against LAND, however, I would take LAND over DAWN 04 any day, Big Daddy's bad screentime notwithstanding.

I mean, even Children of the Dead -which was a proper piece of shit- had some redeeming moments, but those do not make the film itself worthy of a viewing.

Along those lines, though: Even though I also dug Diary to some extent, I must admit also that DIARY was composed of characters that I found myself not giving a damn about. While Survival was not problem free, at least it had some characters that were better developed. That waif boy, however, is among those characters that I seriously wanted to see get torn apart by the ghouls.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 06-Mar-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: no reason, and no sense looking for any either
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."