Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn 78' Vs Dawn 04

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well its been 5 years now, so wait another 15 and we will have the remake of the remake.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Well its been 5 years now, so wait another 15 and we will have the remake of the remake.
    That's crazy deej. When I read what you wrote it hit me how fast time flies man.

Yes, it's been 5 years. But ya ever notice that dawn 04', love it or hate it. gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more airtime around here than LOTD?

I'm just sayin'.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    And I'm still waiting for explanation how so many new posters came into the same thread....
    I agree, what happened to this folks in the interim?

I think it is obvious that there is some funky stuff going on with this group, so I now call them out to prove that they are real, bonafide new members and not just one guy being funny, or a bunch of bots.

Do you hear that bigticket, walkingdead89, walkingdead04, luke404, and fleshy? I see that one of you, deadman03, has already been banned. So I am calling the rest of you all out. Post or begone!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 17-May-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Yeah .... To all you new Mystery-Posters.:

Curious, are you? O.K. DAWN '04 SUCKED. BAD. One of the worst films I've ever seen. A Complete Fucking travesty. Go watch it again yourselves and honestly try and be convinced that this piece of shit has any Value. I HAAAAATED it back when it came out and despise it even more over time. It's totally gay and everyone knows it. Fuck you guys.

P.S.-When i got the Land of the Dead two-pack as a gift it came with this other worthless disc. I promptly took it out of the packaging whipped the dvd against my wall so hard that it shattered into a million pieces and then I stoped the living shit out of the cover under my Boot. Still wondering ' bout our thoughts?? Begone you whimps .........

Danny T.

Undisclosed
    I liked the remake.I just did not like the mall they used.It was to phony.
    I think it would of been great if they shot it at The Mall of America? If I was to pick a mall to take cover in during a zombie crisis it would be The Mall of America.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Terror View Post
    Yeah .... To all you new Mystery-Posters.:

Curious, are you? O.K. DAWN '04 SUCKED. BAD. One of the worst films I've ever seen. A Complete Fucking travesty. Go watch it again yourselves and honestly try and be convinced that this piece of shit has any Value. I HAAAAATED it back when it came out and despise it even more over time. It's totally gay and everyone knows it. Fuck you guys.

P.S.-When i got the Land of the Dead two-pack as a gift it came with this other worthless disc. I promptly took it out of the packaging whipped the dvd against my wall so hard that it shattered into a million pieces and then I stoped the living shit out of the cover under my Boot. Still wondering ' bout our thoughts?? Begone you whimps .........

Danny T.

Begone? maybe you should begone, newbie.

While you may hate DAWN 04, many of us like it, or at least enjoy it, and it BLOWS LAND out of the water. Last time I had read a LAND discussion was what 6 months to a year ago, yet DAWN 04 keeps popping up.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    While you may hate DAWN 04, many of us like it, or at least enjoy it, and it BLOWS LAND out of the water. Last time I had read a LAND discussion was what 6 months to a year ago, yet DAWN 04 keeps popping up.
    i wonder if it keeps popping up because assholes keep coming to this place thinking we are all ga-ga for it.

yawn 04 can suck my dick. i think that movie is a vacuous piece of cinematic weasel shit. further, the MTV generation catamite that directed it is also a piece of weasel shit. i would rather have to sit through land 25 times in a row than watch yawn 04 even once more in its entirety.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Lightbulb

hey guys,

im currently writing an essay on why zombie films are often referred to as cult films.. the films set are dawn of the dead and its remake..

so i have to talk about its production, stylistic and historical factors..

I loved Romero's Dawn of the dead, but am un-sure about the re-make. Do you guys reckon the re-make could be called cult ?

I'm so stuck on this essay, I would love some help

Cheers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would say yes and no.

The remake will be forever engrained into the zombie cult, but it is not a cult classic by any means, nor will it ever be. It is just a remake of classic horror film. Without the original film their would have been no remake, and nothing about DAWN 04 really stands out to bring it to the status of the original DAWN, which is why even people like myself who like the remake, still feel the original is untouched by its existence. While I feel Zack pulled off a great action zombie horror flick, he never delved into the character development or the collapse of society like Romero did, plus Snyder version is more aimed at the ADHD generation, and thats fine. It is basically the Transformers film for Zombie fans.

Romero's original captivated a genre, not only horror but the zombie subgenre by pushing the boundries never pushed in horror before, with the visceral explicit gore throughout the film, plus the indie nature of the film and the overall look at societys hunger for consumerism all became a mitigating factor in how the original DAWN received cult status.

Romero's DAWN is not so much a horror film as it is a chracter study, something the remake is not and never tried to be.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i wonder if it keeps popping up because assholes keep coming to this place thinking we are all ga-ga for it.

yawn 04 can suck my dick. i think that movie is a vacuous piece of cinematic weasel shit. further, the MTV generation catamite that directed it is also a piece of weasel shit. i would rather have to sit through land 25 times in a row than watch yawn 04 even once more in its entirety.
    Thank's man. Newbie huh? Yeah O.K. dude. I just don't post much here as I'm a busy guy. But not a Newbie.
    Oh, and Dawn '04 Blows LAND out of the water?? Jesus Christ I hope your not serious. Land isn't exactly the greatest Zombie flick, but ....

Oh well. Your entitled to your opinion for sure.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude you are a newbie... 25 posts member less than a year... equals newb.

However, i don't mind newbs, always need fresh blood in the forums, but slow your roll on the BS.

While you think DAWN 04 sucks other thinks its enjoyable.

I am one of those... But I feel LAND sucks, and believe me I wanted to kick ass as much as the next guy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Yeah O.K. Newbie. Ha! Ha! I've been reading this site for years !

Anyway, it's kool. Let's just agree that we love Zombie movies and have fun.

Super Moderator

United States
    Let's just agree that we love Zombie movies and have fun.

A sentiment I can get behind.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by sfreeman View Post
    hey guys,

im currently writing an essay on why zombie films are often referred to as cult films.. the films set are dawn of the dead and its remake..

so i have to talk about its production, stylistic and historical factors..

I loved Romero's Dawn of the dead, but am un-sure about the re-make. Do you guys reckon the re-make could be called cult ?

I'm so stuck on this essay, I would love some help

Cheers
    Dawn of the Dead often gets called a "cult film" - but what does "cult" actually mean? Cult is supposed to mean something with a dedicated following with low numbers - Dawn of the Dead definitely has a dedicated following - VERY dedicated, like many horror movies - but the numbers of followers are far from small.

So in one respect Dawn can be considered cult, but in another sense it technically can't - semantics I guess, but still.

As for Yawn04 (I hate that piece of pish), it's definitely not cult - it's simply mainstream.

Yawn04 doesn't have the rabid following that Dawn78 has. It doesn't have the hoardes of fans willing to get tattoos of zombies on their arms, chests and backs. It doesn't have the sheer volume of related merchandise, it doesn't have the long-standing cultural impact and importance - plus - it's a remake, it's not it's own thing, it's just some cash-in.

That's my view anyway - good luck with the essay.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    As for Yawn04 (I hate that piece of pish), it's definitely not cult...
    Nope, it's more like c**t.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yes, it's been 5 years. But ya ever notice that dawn 04', love it or hate it. gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more airtime around here than LOTD?
    It was the same over here when it played on Sky Movies, it was on every other day. Another possible reason why I dislike it so much.

DAWN '04 SUCKED. BAD. One of the worst films I've ever seen. A Complete Fucking travesty. Go watch it again yourselves and honestly try and be convinced that this piece of shit has any Value.
    <shakes hand>