Thread: Not getting some email notifications...

Super Moderator

UK

Not getting some email notifications...

It's strange, most of the time I get email notifications for responses to a thread I'm 'subscribed' to, but a few times someone has responded directly to my post - but I haven't been notified about it, anyone else finding this happening now and then?

Administrator

England
    Do you have a junkmail filter which could be catching emails from the forum?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    It's strange, most of the time I get email notifications for responses to a thread I'm 'subscribed' to, but a few times someone has responded directly to my post - but I haven't been notified about it, anyone else finding this happening now and then?
    Not with Yahoo are you?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Actually I am - and in response to Andy, if anything unintentionally went into my junkmail I'd be told about it I would have thought, maybe one or two ended up in bulk mail - but that's happened to other emails.

Hmmm...

ViP

Undisclosed

Me too me too!

I check my gmail spam box regularly. Sometimes random legit mail gets filtered into there. But there've been a few instances like you mentioned where I haven't gotten reply notifications ...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval
    I check my gmail spam box regularly. Sometimes random legit mail gets filtered into there. But there've been a few instances like you mentioned where I haven't gotten reply notifications ...
    And this isn't just down to the fact you only get one email notification for a thread, and subsequent replies don't give you any further emails?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    And this isn't just down to the fact you only get one email notification for a thread, and subsequent replies don't give you any further emails?
    It's hit or miss ... sometimes yes, sometimes no on both notification and replies ...

Mostly yes though.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh the same goes for me, it's irregular to not get any notifications...but it can and does happen out of the blue...strange bug

lol @ Van Wilder...it'd be nothing without Animal House (etc), but it's damn funny.

Super Moderator

Germany
    I'm not and I get about half or less of the emails I would expect based on the threads I am subscribed to.

EDIT: I think it's a Yahoo problem, not a board issue, that's preventing me from receiving notifications. Will keep you posted.

Super Moderator

UK
    You said in another post on the same problem about there being some setting or something to change in Yahoo - any idea what that might be? When it comes to things like this I'm a total n00b, ha!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott
    EDIT: I think it's a Yahoo problem, not a board issue, that's preventing me from receiving notifications. Will keep you posted.
    Please do contact Yahoo about this... It seems a number of people are suffering from this problem!

Please let me know of any feedback/outcome!
    -Carl Sagan