Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ...and the "Tony Hawk" video game series is finally dead.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd rather have Ghostbusters on June 19th.
    Not gonna happen though, is it? And the chances are it will be released closer to Xmas to capitalise on the holiday sales. I'm betting on a late November release.

Anyway, f**k Ghostbusters, I'm sick of hearing about the poxy game. It was snatched away from me just when I was getting pumped up for it, so it's dead to me now. I'll pick it up in the January sales for half the price.
    Last edited by capncnut; 01-Aug-2009 at 03:43 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ryan Scheckler must be created by nVidia ... you know why? Cos he said "I'm in the game!"

Surely to goodness they'll have a "just play it with a controller" mode, otherwise it'll be far too restrictive.

1) You might just be too lazy.
    2) If you're stoned and playing videogames, you don't wanna be standing up faux-flipping.
    3) You might be bed-ridden.
    4) You might be in a wheel chair, or be similarly disabled.
    5) You might be in an upstairs room and your folks might not wanna hear you kick-flipping on the ceiling.

Fine for those that want it, but I'll stick with a joypad. I only dropped in (ah-ha, see what I did there) on the Tony Hawk franchise every few years anyway, so I missed a bunch of the games, so it's not as old to me ... I was stunned that they'd done a brand new game every sodding year for 9 years though, I mean ... damn.

capncnut
    Surely to goodness they'll have a "just play it with a controller" mode, otherwise it'll be far too restrictive.

Fine for those that want it, but I'll stick with a joypad.
    The chances of actually buying this game without the skateboard peripheral is very slim, even if it is joypad compatible. Expect a price tag of £70 upwards.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    The chances of actually buying this game without the skateboard peripheral is very slim, even if it is joypad compatible. Expect a price tag of £70 upwards.
    In which case, they can suck my fuck.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Ryan Scheckler must be created by nVidia ... you know why? Cos he said "I'm in the game!"

1) You might just be too lazy.
    2) If you're stoned and playing videogames, you don't wanna be standing up faux-flipping.
    3) You might be bed-ridden.
    4) You might be in a wheel chair, or be similarly disabled.
    5) You might be in an upstairs room and your folks might not wanna hear you kick-flipping on the ceiling.

Fine for those that want it, but I'll stick with a joypad. I only dropped in (ah-ha, see what I did there) on the Tony Hawk franchise every few years anyway, so I missed a bunch of the games, so it's not as old to me ... I was stunned that they'd done a brand new game every sodding year for 9 years though, I mean ... damn.
    what?

i thought i was the jaded miserable bugger and you were the generally upbeat one, i think this looks like one notch of fun.

WHAT.IS.HAPPENING?!?

*que that soundbyte from the end of every lost episode*
    Last edited by Danny; 21-May-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    what?

i thought i was the jaded miserable bugger and you were the generally upbeat one, i think this looks like one notch of fun.

WHAT.IS.HAPPENING?!?

*que that soundbyte from the end of every lost episode*

Bravo, Sir ... bravo.

And I raise you a dramatic look ... Lost style.

AND a slice of Daniel Farrady, bitch.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I honestly had no idea the Tony Hawk series was still "alive".

capncnut
    Okay, I'm liking what I'm seeing thus far. The only bad thing is that it is NOT controller compatible (MZ will NOT be happy), meaning it's gonna be £80+ to jump on this bad boy, as the peripheral is included. It's a bit of a rough deal for obese/disabled players but real skaters should be in for a treat tho.

The Birdman explains

Currently playing THPS3 now and loving it. Sad to see the ol' skool Hawk gameplay go but hey we all gots to move on. And before the EA Skate pussyflaps jump on and attack - go f**k yourselves!
    Last edited by capncnut; 01-Aug-2009 at 03:57 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i'm just pissed that i dont have room in my room to actually play this, hopefully there'l be a "classic controller" version they just arent announcing in case it does, and most likely will, cause a drop in sales.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i'm just pissed that i dont have room in my room to actually play this, hopefully there'l be a "classic controller" version they just arent announcing in case it does, and most likely will, cause a drop in sales.
    Damn straight - they'll see their sales drop alright - I for one don't want to be hopping around my room like a crazed chimp on acid, thank you very much - I like classic Hawk - I want my controller. I'd buy the game with controller compatibility - otherwise, fuck 'em.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hear hear! I thought the whole purpose of a skateboarding vg was that you DIDN'T HAVE TO actually do any skating. Now it seems that I have been misled all these years. Oh well, at least I'm getting better at kickflips.... sort of.

capncnut
    What I find interesting is that Hawk hopes the peripheral will be compatible with other games of the like, snowboarding and surfing, etc. That might make the hefty price tag worth shelling out for.

Also, as he says in the video, he has been doing physical 360's and flips with the board and it's solid. That's a 'weight' off my mind cos I'm not a skinny little rat with twigs for legs, breaking a £45 board was one of my primary concerns with Ride.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hear hear! I thought the whole purpose of a skateboarding vg was that you DIDN'T HAVE TO actually do any skating.
    Damn straight. If I want to skate, I'll get a bloody skateboard ... if I want to play a skating videogame, I'll sit on a goddamned chair, thank you very much!

Also, what if you've got absolutely rubbish balance - mine's not very good - this silly peripheral discriminates against people of a poor balance disposition!

*gets the placards out*

You know they really should provide a version/have the capability of playing this game with a sodding joypad. If they don't go back on their current words, and give us joypad playing ability, I'll be quite surprised ... and rather annoyed.

United States
    MZ, you could move the united states and become a citizen of the land of greedy lawyers and ridiculous lawsuits and try to sue activision for discrimination...

Super Moderator

United States
    It all pales in comparison to 720.

Never got into the Tony Hawk games. Did they have bee swarms chasing the skaters?

Skate or Die, biyatches!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany