Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ...and the "Tony Hawk" video game series is finally dead.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Never got into the Tony Hawk games. Did they have bee swarms chasing the skaters?
    Nope but flies are a re-occurring pest in the games.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    MZ, you could move the united states and become a citizen of the land of greedy lawyers and ridiculous lawsuits and try to sue activision for discrimination...

United States
    Price and release data announced:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1012452p1.html
    Tony Hawk RIDE will be shipping in North America on November 17. The UK and Germany releases are three days later on the 20th.

The game will retail for $119.99.
    I smell a flop.

United States
    yeah, aside from the cap'n, nobody i know even cares about this game coming out. even a pal of mine who's a former hardcore skater and has owned and pwned all tony hawk games is of the "fuck that silly plastic guitar-hero wannabe shit" opinion.

Super Moderator

UK
    yeah, aside from the cap'n, nobody i know even cares about this game coming out. even a pal of mine who's a former hardcore skater and has owned and pwned all tony hawk games is of the "fuck that silly plastic guitar-hero wannabe shit" opinion.
    As soon as I heard there'd be no joypad ability, I immediately thought "retarded money-losing decision".

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It's kinda strange really how out of touch some designers are.

United States
    It's tough to justify spending $120 on a skateboard accessory that has no use outside Tony Hawk.

I think Modern Warfare 2 + Left 4 Dead 2 for the same price is a far, far more sensible way to spend your money.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 10-Aug-2009 at 08:23 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    It's tough to justify spending $120 on a skateboard accessory that has no use outside Tony Hawk.
    For the time being. It is hoped that the peripheral will be used with snowboarding and surfing games. But that's not me. I'm a fan of the THPS franchise therefore I will buy.

I'll have L4D2 as well.

Super Moderator

UK
    I think Modern Warfare 2 + Left 4 Dead 2 for the same price is a far, far more sensible way to spend your money.
    Or use the cash for the MW2 prestige edition - then you can stalk through your neighbour's back yards and spy on them in the dark like a right pervert.

United States
    i bet those nvg's that come with MW2 are cereal-box quality plastic pieces of shit ....i actually thought of going all-out for the prestige edition, but think i'll go with the "hardened version", or maybe just buy the stand-alone game...either way, november 10th is a day already marked on my calendar...

Super Moderator

UK
    i bet those nvg's that come with MW2 are cereal-box quality plastic pieces of shit ....i actually thought of going all-out for the prestige edition, but think i'll go with the "hardened version", or maybe just buy the stand-alone game...either way, november 10th is a day already marked on my calendar...
    Word, bitch.

I've had it pre-ordered for a while now (just the normal game, nevermind any of that overly expensive NVG stuff).

I've also got Episodes from Liberty City coming about 10 days before that, and a week before GTA I've got Ghostbusters coming ... and then a month before that I've got Dead Rising 2 to bash through - so it's all stacking up for a heavy-ass time for gaming come October.

capncnut
    Take a gawk at the packaging.

And here's a good preview. From what I can gather, Ride has a thirty hour career mode, which has three difficulty settings depending on how good you can skate in real life (ie. real physical grabs on the hardest setting while you only have to stick your hand out on easy). A full tutorial mode, a bunch party-type mini games outside of the career (one of which is dodging orbs apparently), loads of multiplayer games (racing each other through levels is probably a dead cert), the usual free skate/hi-score thangs and 'hundreds' of unlockables (skaters, decks, etc) will bring a bit more to the table.

Graphically, it's not supposed to be a very big leap from Proving Ground but the board is actually getting some decent write-up's. Because it is at floor level, balancing is not a problem and I've seen a few oldies on videos having fun with it. It has a weight limit, however, of 300lbs, which wont slash sales figures as much as I thought because if someone is over 300lbs, they should be at a gymnasium instead of playing games. Regardless of that, I think Ride might do okay.
    Last edited by capncnut; 21-Aug-2009 at 07:09 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Regardless - no controller play, not interested.

Plus I wouldn't want to look like a right bender walking down the street with that tucked under my arm half-poking out of a carrier bag.

*for clarification* "bender-moron" not "bender-gay" ... in case there's any Guardianistas having a panic attack right now after they dropped their fair trade peace crisps over their sandals.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Plus I wouldn't want to look like a right bender walking down the street with that tucked under my arm half-poking out of a carrier bag.
    Yeah, I have to admit that I would probably have to have someone drive me to GameStation cos I ain't carrying that home.

But golly am I gonna cream when I start playing.

Edit: I hope I ain't got to get every fucking gap as an achievement whilst actually playing the game standing up. That'll proper knacker me. I got rid of my Wii 'cause I'm not an exercise freak.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    rad as that sounds i think im just gonna have to be a rythm-fag and add that money towards dj hero meself.