View Poll Results: Which Batman do you prefer?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman

9 28.13%
  • Batman Begins

23 71.88%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Real Debate Batman (1989) or Batman Begins (2005)

Kazakhstan
    nothing will ever match up to the goose bump inducing thrill of reading "year one" or "the killing joke".

"Batman" had fantastic production design, keaton was a good batman, i dont really understand the jack bashing, i thought he was great.

the general "feel" of that film is great also. and that batmobile is gorgeous.

however "Begins" packs more dramatic clout, and in terms of storytelling it is a more complex & satisfying film.

plus it has that bit where the bats swirl around bruce, as he stands up slowly, fearlessly, while that swelling score plays... you know that bit i mean? that's f*cking POWER - you dont get gravity like that in popcorn movies very often.

i have to say i think he did a great job, but i did find bale's batman slightly underwhelming - i mean, bale was BORN to play that character, yet ultimately i found his performance a little flat and lifeless.

although perhaps he was going for the sociopath angle, i dunno.

i always thought the mental illness angle should be played up with batman. he's always portrayed as an upstanding, sane sort of fella - but that's totally missing the point, the man is supposed to be a tortured soul, driven insane by grief and guilt, a hollowed out sociopath driven by vengeance. he needs people to punish, anyone will do.

i like to entertain the idea that if a cop had shot his parents, he'd be slaughtering cops for any excuse he could find

also - is anyone going to cheque out the anime?
    Last edited by _liam_; 03-Oct-2007 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE