Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, I guess the GTA games aren't as open ended as they first appear then. I think that's the next step for them.

I know I'm doing all this bitching but I still think it's a great game.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    So ive got back into playing stalker now,and im finding it quite difficult,not because the gameplay itself is too hard,but just because half the characters you meet in the game want to give you various jobs to do!most of which involve traipsing halfway across the map,picking some object up,then traipsing all the way back!those who have played the game,does it pay to go on all these little quests or is it best to just stick to the main story?i keep accepting all these missions,then getting sidetracked with other missions & losing track of what im actually meant to be doing!
    Last edited by Tricky; 27-May-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    So ive got back into playing stalker now,and im finding it quite difficult,not because the gameplay itself is too hard,but just because half the characters you meet in the game want to give you various jobs to do!most of which involve traipsing halfway across the map,picking some object up,then traipsing all the way back!those who have played the game,does it pay to go on all these little quests or is it best to just stick to the main story?i keep accepting all these missions,then getting sidetracked with other missions & losing track of what im actually meant to be doing!
    I just ignored those side missions quite quickly actually, and stuck to the main story.

I think it's perfectly fine to just do the story mode, as most of the side missions are just "go here get/kill this", the main story is where it's actually at.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Barney Rubble?
    Rhyming slang for 'trouble'. Sometimes I spew them without thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And here's you, Mr "Sick on everything Tony Hawk", and you can't complete a GTA game.
    Well I did clock San Andreas and I've been about five missions away from finishing GTAIV for a few months now. I will get around to it though. One day.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    See that's my point. In order to progress with the main storyline you have to complete a mission that might very well be difficult for you. So, After about 50 attempts you feel like breaking the damn controller. Being challenging is one thing, but when something is that difficult is ceases to be fun and feels more like a chore.
    Precisely.

United States
    Just beat Super Paper Mario. I'll give it an 8/10. A tad easy for my taste, and when a game is that easy it can get pretty drawn out. Especially since it's a good 18+ hours of gameplay. Still an enjoyable experience though.

Not sure which game to start next....Dead Rising?.....Resident Evil Zero?......hmmmmmm....

Super Moderator

UK
    I've been about five missions away from finishing GTAIV for a few months now.
    Slaaaaaack - get on with it.

England
    I just ignored those side missions quite quickly actually, and stuck to the main story.

I think it's perfectly fine to just do the story mode, as most of the side missions are just "go here get/kill this", the main story is where it's actually at.
    Im actually starting to get quite into this one now,especially as ive got some scopes to clip on my weapons & some decent-ish body armour & a science suit so i can waltz through anomalies!last year when i bought it i played it for a couple of days before losing interest & havent touched it since,so im finally getting my moneys worth!im currently at some half built factory trying to find the second key to a science lab,and after rescuing a stalker from a bloodsucker,he's just told me theres a gauss rifle for sale at the pig farm which im interested in!

Super Moderator

UK
    Im actually starting to get quite into this one now,especially as ive got some scopes to clip on my weapons & some decent-ish body armour & a science suit so i can waltz through anomalies!last year when i bought it i played it for a couple of days before losing interest & havent touched it since,so im finally getting my moneys worth!im currently at some half built factory trying to find the second key to a science lab,and after rescuing a stalker from a bloodsucker,he's just told me theres a gauss rifle for sale at the pig farm which im interested in!
    See, I knew you'd get into it eventually, and with all your talk of deep WW2 shooters, this should surely be right up your street.

Great atmosphere in the game too, isn't there?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just popping in damnation, an underlooked "vertical shooter" which has a steampunk meets wild west art style that has you racing along the walls of scyscrapers in the desert on steam powered motorcycles, plus online co-op should be fun indeed.

United States
    I've made a pact with myself to finally play all the way through

I've been playing it since it was first released on and off, but have never dedicated enough time to beat it. This time....it's war.

England
    See, I knew you'd get into it eventually, and with all your talk of deep WW2 shooters, this should surely be right up your street.

Great atmosphere in the game too, isn't there?
    I found Gordon Freeman of half life fames PDA & remains in the X18 lab as well,his story about having to sell his crowbar etc is quite amusing
    As for those gits at the pig farm,i went there & gave them the money for the gauss rifle,then one of them said they were like robin hood & started pointing guns at me!i ended up having to take 'em all down!

@ 3pidemic - Quake 2 is awesome,i loved it back in the day!watch out for the makon at the end,he's a real bastard!

Canada
    Dawn of War Dark Crusade

Can't help it, Game is wayyyyyyy too fun. also, Diablo 2, and Duke Nukem 3d.

Super Moderator

UK
    I found Gordon Freeman of half life fames PDA & remains in the X18 lab as well,his story about having to sell his crowbar etc is quite amusing
    As for those gits at the pig farm,i went there & gave them the money for the gauss rifle,then one of them said they were like robin hood & started pointing guns at me!i ended up having to take 'em all down!

@ 3pidemic - Quake 2 is awesome,i loved it back in the day!watch out for the makon at the end,he's a real bastard!
    Ah yes, I remember that PDA now. X18 and those other underground sections were scary as fook when I played the game originally, and aye yeah, now I remember the pig farm thing - I too rinsed the fuckers after they screwed me over.

England
    Ah yes, I remember that PDA now. X18 and those other underground sections were scary as fook when I played the game originally, and aye yeah, now I remember the pig farm thing - I too rinsed the fuckers after they screwed me over.
    Im now in the X16 lab which is infested with zombified people & those scurrying mutated soldiers!ive also only just realised that you can break those small blue boxes open to get supplies!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    been playing inFAMOUS all day, i fucking love this game, imagine crackdown, only switch guns for electrical powers, zoom along train rails, returning missiles with a shock wave and resuscitating the hapless bystanders you accidentally kill by standing in a puddle and sending a current to a nearby car and making it explode.

needless to say its badass, its in a gta style world, only your fucking thor!