Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Twitching

United States
    Some SC II, Waiting on Fable 3 for the PC, been considering trying Fallout 3 on digital download now that its cheap and I have enough blue coins to get it free.
    You're SO right that 90% of everything put out in the last 8-9 months is pure crap. Depresses me regularly, but trying to stay sane by getting older games, like original Mass Effect and Deadspace for cheap. Won't pay more than 20$ for an action play-through-once type game.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just beat Singularity on hard mode.

Great game, not perfect by any means but if they tweaked things here and there the sequel will be something to be reckoned with. I actually like it better than bioshock.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Playing Fallout 3 again. Just bashing through the main story really, but this time being an utter bastard throughout. I've just been "The Pint Size Slasher" on Tranquility Lane.

England
    So, you guys like your games huh?

I'm not a gamer myself, but make an exception for the "FM" series...just ordered "FM 2011".
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Finished Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper. It had a pretty bad ass ending. They do need to work on puzzle/point and click games for Consoles though. You should have been able to interact with EVERYTHING rather than just the things you needed to interact with. Pretty much my only bitch about it.

United States
    Been playing through Fable III..some things disappoint me, it's been dumbed down yet again, yet there are some things that are surprisingly cool, like every single NPC I've met can give you a quest..sure it's just "go here and fetch this and bring it back" or "take this and come back" kinds of things, but it's kinda neat..
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Ireland
    Finished 'GTA IV' and moved onto 'Dead Rising' yeh, I know. I'm way behind.

However, is 'Dead Rising' the most annoying game in the world or what? Really, I'm as frustrated as a grumpy teen. Horrible, horrible game. But, a great idea! I love whacking the zombies, but those convicts are a PITA! I've lost count of how many times I've killed that fecking clown and then got moved down by those cunts in the jeep. Only to have to start the ENTIRE mission over again from a save point miles away! The weapons are shit, they break FAR too easily and often you're fucked. As for the much maligned save system...the less said about that, the better.

As said, great idea and somewhat addictive in a number of ways, but a terrible execution.

BTW, does anyone have "Dead Rising II". If you do can you tell me if it's the same format. Cos if it is, I'm steering clear.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 30-Nov-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Dead Rising 2 does have many of the same frustrations as DR1, but it's executed in a better fashion generally (such as aiming guns), and the saving system is improved, but not super-friendly at the same time (but better than DR1).

As for the convicts, if you don't want to deal with them outside in that little park area, do what I always did and stick close to the walls - they don't come near you if you do that, so you just skirt around the perimeter of that little park and they won't notice you.

I never bothered with the missions, I just ran around killing zombies, and it was ideal for that. In DR2 it's easier to kill the zombies in some respects as you can now do combo weapons (which last longer generally than normal weapons), but yeah, some weapons are ridiculously weak, while others last a decent amount of time. If anything you could have skipped over DR1 and just gone straight to DR2.

How did you find GTA IV, out of interest? What did you make of it?

Ireland
    I'm really losing patience here with DR1. It's ridiculously punishing on the player. As for avoiding the convicts. I can avoid them on the way from the warehouse to the mall, but on the way back they get me every time, even when I hug the walls. It's silly. I just spent 15 mins getting the UZI and killing tons of zombies and I get outside and those fuckers come flying over with their 50 cal. I can't compete with that. It's rapidly looking like it's going to be a dust collector, like 'Assassin Creed II'. I haven't the time to keep replaying the same old turf over and over again. It might be a little more enjoyable if the weapons lasted 3 times as long as they do. Half way through killing a boss and you have to run off looking for another weapon. It's a farce.

'GTA IV' ended up being a great little game. It took me a long time to get used to it's "look" though. I had serious problems with all the bloom used in the graphics and the colour palette is an awful shade of shitty brown. But, it all comes together in the end. After I finished it

kate was dead and I killed the Italian guy
    , I played out the other ending

Roman dies and you kill Demitri

Norway
    I been playing fist of the north star kens rage and its lots of face-punching fun.

Ireland
    Oh fuck this. To hell with dead rising. What a poxy fucking game.

I'm currently playing Fifa World Cup South Africa.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dead rising isnt actually that good dude, we just played it because its the closest we could get to sandbox zombie outbreak good times as we could get. Havent played 2 but its still holding its price whilst others like new vegas are dropping quick so i assume its good enough to have a demand for it.

Personally i am having a hoot with world of warcraft right now, since the last update that broke the world and moved it on a decade timewise its great to go into an area and have no idea what the hells going on after knowing the place by heart for 6 years. Seeing places that were ruined by the plague of undeath back in warcraft 3 being recultivated into green pastures now the lich kings dead really made it fel like beating the big bad of the last expansion actually did something other than drop some items yknow?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    DR is definitely not for everyone.

I'm plating NBA jam right now. It's a cool throwback game with tons of new features and unlockables. You have to play through it about 6 times in order to get them all and the achievements though which is a bummer.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    as I've said before, maybe even in this thread....Dead Rising sucks. I tried to like it. I really did. It seemed right up my alley being zombies and all, but the controls and gameplay are just horrid.

After trying several times, I've never been able to make it more than a few hours into DR. How this game made it to a sequel is beyond me....

United States
    who has 2 thumbs and loved the first dead rising game?

this guy!

currently playing castlevania: lords of shadow, which is actually much better than i anticipated. demo's on XBL for those interested.