Thread: Shogun 2: Total War

England

Shogun 2: Total War

Just noticed the demo is available through Steam so downloading as we speak, looking forward to seeing what they've done with the series now for better or for worse!

Super Moderator

United States
    I've been hoping they'd take the game back to its roots (both theme and quality) for ages. We'll see. I will not be able to run this till sometime in the late Spring when I get a better rig, perhaps by then CA will have ironed out the problems the game will undoubtedly have at launch. E:TW was a disaster at launch, so I'm counting myself lucky I have to wait.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    There is a mod available to allow free play in the Shogun 2 demo, instead of the scripted pop up help windows. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428223

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

England
    Still havent played this demo, Steam is the slowest thing ever! you wouldnt think it was actually supposed to make gaming easier & more accessible...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Damnit. I need to get some proper time off to catch up.

I tried out E:TW for the first time a few months ago. It kicked some serious ass. I dare say it's the best yet. Not really impressed with Napoleon (of what little I have played it!). Maybe this will be something, though.