pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

$70 Zombie Movie, Colin a hit at Cannes

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    Super cool story, but I wonder if MZ's ear's were burning during the interview for this article...

"Then I just woke up before everyone else -- I was probably a bit hungover -- and I wondered if a zombie movie from a zombie's perspective had been done before."

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Super cool story, but I wonder if MZ's ear's were burning during the interview for this article...
    lol - YES - they were burning.

In fact, I was a little peeved as the precise idea he seemed to be doing was like an idea I wanted to do ... kinda ... hard to explain.

Well - I was there before him, history can't be changed against my favour.

That said, I've not seen Colin, and don't really know anything about it, except that it's a cheap-as-chips movie made from a zombie's perspective. Good luck to him though, I know I'd be loving it if I was in his place, so he should enjoy himself and see if he can get himself launched.

Plus I took a lot less time to make my Zombie Man films, and spent pretty much sod-all money on them, and didn't have the same amount of man power as this dude (the mask was something I got years prior, and the camera and editing equipment was stuff I had for other reasons).

Mind you, I have bought a few props for the still-as-yet-unfilmed IAZM3 ... it's about finding a time when we're both available to put the time in to film it, and I'm not keen on filming in the star's current neighbourhood, which is a bit rough apparently - and with some exterior shots to get, I don't want to be touting my expensive camera gear around for a bunch of hooded, BMX-riding, wall-sitting chavs to see.

Mind you - I do have another idea - a BenZee spin-off short.

I might put pen to paper on that idea soon ... or fingers to keyboard anyway.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 27-May-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    DUDE! we want IAZM3... it has been 2 years get off your ass and get it done. The fans demand it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    DUDE! we want IAZM3... it has been 2 years get off your ass and get it done. The fans demand it.

Well, you at least anyway.

I guess it was you who threw that brick with a note reading "WE WANT COOVAN-ADDLED ZOMBIE MAN BACK!" through my window t'other day then, huh?

Seriously though - it's still my intention to make it some day. If it comes out like in my head, then it'd be pretty good fun.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude, a lot of people who own Deadlands 1 on DVD have seen IAZM 1 and I get emails asking if part 2 would be on the Deadlands 2 DVD and I said no, not this time sorry. Plus they do ask for a third.

There is a bigger fan base than you think for Zombie Man.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Dude, a lot of people who own Deadlands 1 on DVD have seen IAZM 1 and I get emails asking if part 2 would be on the Deadlands 2 DVD and I said no, not this time sorry. Plus they do ask for a third.

There is a bigger fan base than you think for Zombie Man.
    Nice to know - Well, IAZM2 is on YouTube, so they can at least see it there.

As soon as the stars align for an IAZM3, I'll insert myself vigorously into it (), but you know how it is getting things lined up sometimes ... hence why I had thoughts of a 'between IAZM2 and IAZM3' BenZee spin-off short.