Thread: Boston PD to be Forthcoming in Event of Zombie Attacks

Super Moderator

United States

Boston PD to be Forthcoming in Event of Zombie Attacks

I thought it was funny enough to post

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Hahah, that's a nice find!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Wait - police in Boston go around twittering on their cellphones about crimes that are taking place!? LOL

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Wait - police in Boston go around twittering on their cellphones about crimes that are taking place!? LOL
    That's what I thought, but someone mentioned to me that lots of organizations are using Twitter now, as it's real easy way of disseminating info in pretty close to real time. This could be as easy as having a key fields of their dispatch system downloaded, I suppose.

I know the Red Cross is supposed to be using Twitter to supplement their communications to the public in emergency situations, so it's not inconceivable that such could pop up in a contemporary zombie story.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All this twitter business is everywhere these days. And I don't even know what it is.

Funny, though. My brother is a cop and he was bitten by a guy during a traffic stop. Had a huge hole torn out of his arm. He said it looked eerily similar to Savini's latex bites in Day.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    All this twitter business is everywhere these days. And I don't even know what it is.
    Well, without being pessimistic about this particular tech trend, I'll just say it is a kind of mobile/quick blogging application. I've never used it, myself.

Funny, though. My brother is a cop and he was bitten by a guy during a traffic stop. Had a huge hole torn out of his arm. He said it looked eerily similar to Savini's latex bites in Day.
    That's crazy, man! I hope this wasn't recently.

*Eyes city streets from office window, looking for any signs of an outbreak.*