Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus (Alien Prequel)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Ah, I see. I never would have noticed.

I guess it's kinda like the southern US accents in TWD. Living in Atlanta and hearing it everyday, I can't help but laugh at some of Rick's lines. Morgan's "De-id....you ge-it....be-it" from the first episode still makes me laugh...
    the long I is the hallmark of the american southern dialect. but it has to be smooth. it gets less twangy as you go farther south. up here where i live, it's total twangsville (we sound more like southerners in cincy than northerners by a long shot). when i spoke on the phone to one of our former british members a few years ago he told me that i "sounded like someone strumming a guitar when i talked."

the best american accent of all time is still damian lewis in "band of brothers."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Interesting you mention Band of Brothers - that was the first time I knew of Damian Lewis and I was convinced he was an American, indeed there were several Brits playing Americans in that show, IIRC.

I guess it's only if you're from that specific region that you notice an imposter so-to-speak ... so for bassman to say that Lincoln's pretty much got it aside from a few things here and there, I'd say that's a pretty good score on the accent front for our man Lincoln.

I've totally forgotten this was a thread about Prometheus, ha!

Super Moderator

UK
    Preview for the full trailer that is coming out soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umU6cenjctI

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    IMAX trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1dmZ_weeK0

Viral Marketing - "Our family is growing":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qakkekmp12U

Theatrical trailer should be coming within hours....

And yeah....you saw THIS:
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Mar-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^
    Nerdgasm OVERLOAD!!!!!!!! I'm about to Randy Marsh like ten times right now.

I'm all overloaded on The Walking Dead at the moment, like a kid on a hundred pixie sticks, and now new Prometheus trailers to boot?! ... Mate, I'm about to implode with nerdage.

Administrator

England
    I'm very scared about getting over hyped about this. I mean Mr Scott's recent films haven't exactly made me feel secure about this project!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm very scared about getting over hyped about this. I mean Mr Scott's recent films haven't exactly made me feel secure about this project!
    He hasn't done a scifi film since Blade Runner? Maybe Legend? Regardless, many people think he's lost his touch in recent years, but I certainly don't think so. Gladiator was an over-hyped film, but American Gangster and Black Hawk Down were great films.

My point being that it's definitely not as bad as could be. Many directors returning to past franchises 25+ years later don't have near the track record that Scott has....

-- -------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Theatrical Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHcHYisZFLU

Q&A with Ridley Scott:

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^

You're damn right, Batman!

I suppose Neil is right, there is a worry about getting too overhyped for this movie, but I'm gonna say sod it and enjoy the thrill ride of the lead up to this flick. As for worrying about his latest output, I think it's more to do with a lack of real inspiration, which has kind of been alluded to with what Scott has said previously about Prometheus - he has found himself really enjoying the process of working on this movie, discovering it along the way, and finding fresh inspiration.

Too often when a director goes 'back to the well' the results aren't stellar - but from all the trailers and info, this looks stellar, I have to say. A quality production with a great-looking story to back it up, and Scott going old school to indulge himself fully in the aspects of design that so defined his earlier work (Alien and Blade Runner most specifically). I wasn't a fan of American Gangster (I found it to be yet another 'rise and fall of a gangster' movie, of which I had seen many more beforehand), but I really dug Black Hawk Down (which is his last really good movie, in my personal opinion). I had no interest in the likes of Kingdom of Heaven or Robin Hood, but this ... this I'm freakin' amped for!

I'm downloading all these videos so I can go over them with a fine tooth comb - and I'll say this for sure, the guys they've employed to do the trailers certainly know how to make a fantastic trailer!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

that is all.

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^

HA! Excellent...

United States
    Wish I didn't watch that last trailer, it spoils the entire plot of the movie.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    I dunno, that trailer looks pretty epic. If it isn't, then whoever edited that trailer deserves an award.
    I'm down.

Undisclosed

Anyone notice how the space jockey's body is similar to a xenomorph's?
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 18-Mar-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: r

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post

Anyone notice how the space jockey's body is similar to a xenomorph's?
    what i noticed in the trailer:

1: the jokey appears to be some form of suit that locks around a pilot from more than one species
    2: there was a flash of a semi nude pregnant woman but none of the women are shown close to having that kind of sized stomach
    3: you see someone with an umbilical cord coming out of there mouth attached to a giant green leech-squid thing
    4: when they look up at the roof and see it changing you clearly see something very very similar to the xenos from alien on the roof.
    5: some kind of infection takes hold

i think either they are being turned INTO space jockeys or used as incubators for them

Chasing Prey

Canada
    this is going to be a great film. ridley is the first director to encompass an entire world and not just a couple of films for a franchise. prometheus sets it up quite nicely as a prequel and theres even room for FILMS after this and being set before alien since they mentioned the jockey in alien being dead for quite some time.