Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus (Alien Prequel)

Super Moderator

UK
    Rated R for "for sci-fi violence including intense images, and brief language".

http://theflickcast.com/2012/05/07/t...een-confirmed/

Administrator

England
    So hope this film delivers with a solid story/script!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So hope this film delivers with a solid story/script!
    I'd say it's a safe bet with Lindelof on board, and directed by Scott.

Absolutely cannot wait to see this flick!

England
    There was almost some pant jizzing when I saw the 3D trailer for this before the Avengers, cant wait!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    There was almost some pant jizzing when I saw the 3D trailer for this before the Avengers, cant wait!
    Oh hell yes. Can't recall much '3D-ness' from the trailer (but perhaps it was a separate rush job/conversion of the 2D one) ... but yeah man, seeing that on the big screen gave me chills. The only way to amp the chills even more would have been to show the original teaser on the big screen ... that music, the editing, the imagery ... oh my.

Undisclosed
    Oh yeah! Just found out this opens in Belgium on May 30th. Can't wait.
    Sweet new poster here:

Administrator

England
    So reviews seem to be suggesting good, but not great...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So reviews seem to be suggesting good, but not great...
    Some folks getting too excited over it with anticipation?

I'm going on a media blackout over the flick now - should be seeing it on Friday night. Really up for the movie - but resisting the temptation to view a whole slew of clips released for it. I watched every single clip and trailer and featurette relating to Hobo With A Shotgun in advance of actually seeing it, which spoiled my first viewing as I'd seen so much of the movie as a result (however it still became my personal favourite of 2011), so I learned my lesson from that. I've enjoyed numerous trailers, and things like the TED Talk with Weyland or the David promo, but I've been reducing my anticipatory intake over the last couple of weeks - and as I said, now it's a blackout. Well, okay, aside from the introductory thing on Sky Movies that's doing the rounds (although no doubt every piece of info in that I'll already know ... so it'll just get me in the mood).

I'll shut up now.

Ireland
    I can say that I know absolutely bugger all about this flick. I've avoided everything.

Should be seeing it either Friday or Saturday.

I really hope they don't f*ck it up. The Aliens franchise has been hurt badly enough already.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    Seen it ....

And while it's (very) good it's just not that great. Check your expectations and you will be fine if you're a fan of the genre.
    The visuals are brilliant and the build up to the crazy finale is tense and full of suspense.
    The trouble lies with the script; it's full of holes and leads to a very obvious 'there will be a sequel' moment. The many many nods to alien AND the sequels are annoying as well.
    Which is dissappointing. It's hard to discuss without giving away too much but rest assured; you are in for a smarter than average big blockbuster.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Seen it ....

And while it's (very) good it's just not that great. Check your expectations and you will be fine if you're a fan of the genre.
    First off, thanks for the spoiler-free review! Always good advice when it comes to blockbusters to check expectations at the ticket counter.

you are in for a smarter than average big blockbuster.
    Honestly, if it's pretty decent scifi and smarter than average, that's pretty rare, so hopefully I'll enjoy it.

Too bad I have to wait another week for it to hit the theaters here.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    How's that Aces? I thought you Yankees got everything before we did over here. Hollywood productions anyway.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It opens up in Sweden today. I'm seeing it tonight.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im having to roll my eyes in distain at some reviews complaining- Just like with the f*cking thing prequel from last year- that it "feels like its setting up another movie at the end".

yeah. ITS CALLED F*CKING ALIEN.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    im having to roll my eyes in distain at some reviews complaining- Just like with the f*cking thing prequel from last year- that it "feels like its setting up another movie at the end".

yeah. ITS CALLED F*CKING ALIEN.

Goddamn that made me giggle.

Naturally they'd want to do another Prometheus, but aye, Danny's hit the nail on the head right there.

Going to be seeing it tonight in 3D, will report back to the good ship HPOTD with my findings tomorrow...