Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Prometheus (Alien Prequel)

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Time to face facts, Shootem'. You've fallen in with a bad crowd: us.

Wanna go see the new Paranormal Activity with me?
    Oh crap...

Actually, already seen 'Paranormal Activity 1, 2 and 3'....

...and sorta liked them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It's official, you've gone barmy. Somebody fetch me that straight jacket...
    Gooble gabble, gooble gabble...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Hey shootem, at least you aren't subjecting yourself to movies like Sharktopus, Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies, and Silent House unlike myself. When you start posting threads about shaming yourself for watching certain movies, then I will begin to worry about ya..
    Ah Lou, I've put my poor eyes through many an awful sight...I just don't come on here and confess!

Only the other night I watched 'Smiley'.

...and no, I didn't sorta like it. It was a fu*kin load of old bollocks.

Yay!!!!! Normal service has resumed!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    MZ - I will be completely and utterly shocked if you don't enjoy this release. Even if they release an extended cut in the future, there's just no possible way they could have more special features. You've mentioned you have this release ordered and should have it any day now.....trust me....it's a great set for the special features nerds like us.

I'm already wanting to give the "The Furious Gods" documentary another look. Of course it falls victim to some of the "it's like a family on set" crap that we always hear, but there is also tons of goodies for the movie nerds. It's easily as good as the docs on the Alien Anthology and "Dangerous Days" on Blade Runner(all made by the same guy, if i'm not mistaken).

It's actually kinda strange to get such a comprehensive documentary for a new film like this. Generally this type of thing is reserved for older films. Some of which deserve this sort of treatment....
    Sounds excellent - my copy just arrived this morning, although I probably won't be able to really get into it until the weekend, but I'm very much looking forward to diving into it all. I thought Dangerous Days was one of the best documentaries I've ever seen (I've given it a couple of spins thus far), and it's so extensive that you don't have any other questions afterwards. Another doc like that was "30 Days In Hell" (the making of The Devil's Rejects, at 2.5 hours it was very comprehensive and really gave you the vibe of the set quite nicely).

Aye, you don't usually get docs that comprehensive for new releases, although sometimes you do - Avatar for instance. While it doesn't have a 'stand out beast' making of like here (rather, it's a series of docs that are all quite lengthy too), it's still very comprehensive, albeit focusing mostly on the techy stuff. You usually get some stuff, but it might not be all that comprehensive - just looking at a couple of things, or if it's a comedy it'll be a lot of alternate takes and bloopers and so on, rather than behind the scenes stuff, and what BTS stuff you'll get will usually be a puffed up EPK-type deeley.

I suppose the 'cult of Prometheus' was strong enough to justify such an extensive set that would appeal to the hardcore fans, and quite right too. I can't wait to dig into it all!

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Gooble gabble, gooble gabble...
    *fetches pitch fork, flaming torch, and straight jacket*

Come on chaps, let's get 'im!

United States
    Oh crap...

Actually, already seen 'Paranormal Activity 1, 2 and 3'....

...and sorta liked them.
    Liked them!? Don't make me use this!

Ah Lou, I've put my poor eyes through many an awful sight...I just don't come on here and confess!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I suppose the 'cult of Prometheus' was strong enough to justify such an extensive set that would appeal to the hardcore fans, and quite right too. I can't wait to dig into it all!
    I think it was more "the cult of Alien" that allowed this documentary to exist. Although they don't dwell on it, they certainly talk quite a bit about the film's connection to the Alien Franchise. The documentary is great in the way that it actually covers the concept from beginning to end. So we get to see those very early ideas when it was a direct prequel to Alien(featuring face huggers, Xenomorphs, etc.) all the way through the evolution of what it became.

It definitely feels like a continuation of the Alien documentaries toward the start, so I think that's actually how it began. They started documenting the process when the film was actually "Alien 01", so I imagine that's how they got the funding for it. BTW.....if you haven't seen the Alien Anthology documentaries, you're missing out.

Super Moderator

UK
    I have the 2-disc DVDs of Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3, so they have the documentaries on them which were included on the more recently released Blu-Rays (and aye, those docs are excellent). Sounds like an interesting doc, I look forward to pouring over it ... methinks Sunday afternoon.

Ireland

Ha! I'm in me fireproof wooden windmill watching 'Grave Encounters' and sorta liking it.

I don't fear you or your mob!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....