Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus (Alien Prequel)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Poster time. Also, watch out; the tagline might be considered a spoiler ...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52276
    Ooh, I've got tingles...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ooh, I've got tingles...
    I'm sure they're creams to treat that?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Ooh, you jammy dodger.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    They are creams!

(sorry, lame, )

-- -------- Post added 19-Dec-2011 at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was 15-Dec-2011 at 08:37 PM ----------

A teaser for the trailer? Whatever will they come up with next.
    Looking good though ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnlFIBNy8ko
    Last edited by krisvds; 16-Dec-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    A teaser for the trailer? Whatever will they come up with next.
    Looking good though ...
    After the kind-of-flat trailer for The Dark Knight Rises, this barely-a-trailer/teaser-for-the-teaser has got me all hyped - - see!

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    These teasers are giving me the fanboy tingles!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If you can't wait for the trailer to be released later today, you can view it here(non-bootleg, btw): http://www.mediafire.com/?yxs82lpe1hw14d9

And this settles it once and for all. This is ABSOLUTELY a prequel to Alien.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Dec-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: .

United States

My god that looks amazing.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    If you can't wait for the trailer to be released later today, you can view it here(non-bootleg, btw): http://www.mediafire.com/?yxs82lpe1hw14d9

And this settles it once and for all. This is ABSOLUTELY a prequel to Alien.
    I think that's the sound of fanboys and fangirls the world over launching arcing ropes of fangasm across their monitors...

On a less crude note - wow - looks awesome. This is going to be one of the most anticipated movies of 2012 for me ... perhaps moreso than The Dark Knight Rises (for one thing, this is a relatively unknown quantity, whereas I pretty much know what to expect from TDKR as the third film in that excellent franchise).

This has cinema ticket and blu-ray pre-order written all over it for me. Definitely.

Just that audio call-back to Alien gives me shivers and excitement.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    youtube'n it up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU

Never thought about the ship sitting up like we see in the trailer. You can also see the Space Jockey activating his chair. Noice.

Undisclosed
    Now that's how you make a trailer. Just, wow!
    One concern; I really hope Scott keeps the grittiness of the original film. Let's hope it's not too polished.

Super Moderator

United States
    One concern; I really hope Scott keeps the grittiness of the original film. Let's hope it's not too polished.
    Well, so far I really like a lot of the futuristic, yet dark & industrial aesthetics I've seen in lots of the set pieces.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't think the grittyness will be much of a concern. If I recall correctly, that's how he prefers his visions of the future (remember Blade Runner?).

I'm thrilled as well. Will there be any aliens in it? Has this been confirmed? I'd almost prefer it if there weren't any. If the original Alien remained the "first" encounter between humans and the Giger aliens.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I don't think the grittyness will be much of a concern. If I recall correctly, that's how he prefers his visions of the future (remember Blade Runner?).

I'm thrilled as well. Will there be any aliens in it? Has this been confirmed? I'd almost prefer it if there weren't any. If the original Alien remained the "first" encounter between humans and the Giger aliens.
    I've heard rumors that aliens will be involved, only they won't appear exactly as we've seen them before. So maybe a sort of pre-human styled alien? Although there were also reports from the soundstage that the classic alien was spotted, so who knows?